Just The Two of Us: Favorite Ingredients Friday~Super Bowl Edition
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Friday, January 26, 2007

Favorite Ingredients Friday~Super Bowl Edition myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


Skewered Shrimp
Total Ingredients: 10

Scampi is shellfish native to the waters of the Adriatic but our jumpbo shrimp will do nicely for this. Many fin Italian restaurants feature these delicacies as appetizers. They're packed on skewers and broiled--basted simply with olive oil, then dashed with lemon juice and parsley when ready to serve.
These have a sauce and make an outstanding entree as well

Ingredients:

20 raw jumbo shrimp
Wafer thin slices Canadian bacon or Prosciutto
3 T olive oil
1 T Brandy
1/2 C light cream (or dry white wine)
1/3 C Beef broth (or consomme')
2 tsp lemon juice
2 tsp minced parsley
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
Dash cayenne pepper

Optional:

salt to taste
cocktail sauce
lime

Preparation:

Shell and devein shrimp leaving tails intact. Rinse and pat dry on paper towels On each of 4 skewers thread 5 shrimp alternately with small squares bacon or ham, piercing shrimp so flat sides lie flat in pan. Brown lightly in hot olive oil on each side. Sprinkle with Brandy; add rest of ingredients. Cover lightly; simmer gently about 10 minutes. Remove to warm plates. Pour sauce over shrimp. Makes 4 servings. Nice with risotto (rice).


Sending out a big *thank you* to Overwhelmed With Joy for letting me participate in her Favorite Ingredients Friday Super Bowl Sunday Edition recipe exchange that she is hosting. Click on the link to get more great recipes.

If you missed my recipes for:
Swiss Ham Ring Around click here
Cream Puffs click here
Cheesecake click here
Oatmeal Barley Soup click here
Holiday Recipe Blogger Style/Meringue Wreaths click here
Iced Pumpkin bars click here
Banana Pudding click here
Zesty Cheese Asparagus Quiche click here


So, it's just the two of us hoping you have a wonderful time with family and friends this Super Bowl Sunday! Remember, whether you are a Colts fan or a Bears fan. May the best team win! Woohoo!

17 Comments:

At 4:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those look delish. They'd be a full meal at our house!
:)

 
At 7:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh wow, how did you know my favorite food was shrimp? ;) Those look absolutely delish! I can't wait to try them out. I think I'll have to make them for my Super Bowl party. Thanks for the recipe!

The Laurent-Perrier, I do believe I remember my mom having that 10 years ago or so. So I looked it up real quick to make sure and there was such a thing! haha All those L words you left for me were great, thanks for the laugh! =)

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Yummy, yummy, yummy I got shrimp in my tummy ;o) I bet I could eat each and every one of those!! Man, I wish I was coming to your house for SuperBowl!

Thank you, as always, for your encouragment! I know God is always so good to me and when we go through trials it brings us closer to Him!

I hope I can be an encouragement to my brother. I think it will justtake some time. Dad knew how much we all loved him. We told him everytime we saw him and on the days we didn't we asked mom to tell him for us. I miss him so much, but am so happy for him too!

Did you ever get my e-mail? I think I sent it to the right place!

And please let us know how you are feeling, okay? I need to know that your all better or at least most of the way there!

Love, Amy

 
At 2:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds yummy. If we were in the city I'd get some shrimp and do it for tomorrow night.

 
At 3:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh yeah Shrimp is all I need to hear...thanks for a new recipe.

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger on the Rock said...

Yum! That sounds so good!

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, I love shrimp! This recipe sounds delicious. :)

Thanks so much for taking the time to participate in my Super Bowl Sunday edition of my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange! I do appreciate it!

 
At 4:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my site. Your Scattagories post looks so cute; I'm going to try it. I have a busy weekend, so it'll probably be next week but I will Comment and let you know when I do. Have a great weekend!

 
At 7:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes wish I liked shrimp!
:-(

 
At 8:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love, love, love shrimp. Sounds pretty easy to make, too.

 
At 8:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds fabulous!! Have a great time watching the Super Bowl. I only ever watch it when my team is on. I'm a fair-weathered football fan. ;-)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Sounds good to me! :)

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I don't like seafood, but Joe does! I'll have to save this recipe for him to make :)

 
At 10:12 PM, Blogger Linda said...

That looks scrumptious Pamela. We love shrimp. The added benefit is it isn't fattening!!! Much better than chips and dip for those of us with rather high cholesterol numbers:)
Have a great weekend you two.

 
At 8:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What an elegant appetizer, Pamela. These would be a hit next Sunday, but I'm thinking how nice they'd be at the wedding shower Krissy is planning for her sister in May. I could eat shrimp seven days a week, I love it that much.

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

These sound divine. I adore shrimp.

 
At 4:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I LOVE shrimp, well, any kind of seafood. This sounds wonderful!

Thank you so much!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home