Just The Two of Us: Maxillary Facial Oral Surgery
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Saturday, January 13, 2007

Maxillary Facial Oral Surgery myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

* Sorry, No Photo Hunt Picture...recovering from Oral Surgery*
See you next Saturday...Photo Hunters.


My oral surgery was quite something, but was apparently, considered an emergency after the infection went up to just under my eye and into my sinus'. Rather than taking 2 1/2 - 3 hours it took 5 hours, actually 10 minutes shy of 5 hours. There was a complication in that they had to cut bone out of my face and then in turn, sand it down. I received 10 stitches. The Doctor worked through her lunch. They were teasing me saying, "it's Pamela exclusive day".

Immediately, I felt intense pain and throbbing. With my purse on my shoulder the Doctor gave me another shot for the pain. I don't know how I got to the Pharmacy but did, and when I got home my hubby was right there waiting for me. The pain was excruciating at first but all of your sweet prayers and well wishes must have worked. I am so much better.

The swelling in my cheek is still there but is going down. I do still have a fever, but I feel so much better. Dr. M, cancelled so many of her patients just to take care of me and I am so grateful. The pain meds knock me out, however, I have a thing about taking pain meds. If I can, I would rather not take them, I have a fear of addictions.

So it is just the two of us thanking you all for your well wishes and much appreciated prayers. We are in good hands as He takes such good care of us. Hoping to catch up with all of you, here and there, when I can and no need to comment, I know you all care! ((hugs of gratitude))


* Middle and lateral facial edema (swelling)

o Buccal space infection is typically indicated by cheek edema and is due to infection of posterior teeth, usually premolar or molar.

o Canine space infection is evidenced by anterior cheek swelling with loss of the nasolabial fold and possible extension to the infraorbital region. This is due to infection of the maxillary canine and potentially may spread to the cavernous sinus.

Cellulitis may follow apical periodontitis if the infection spreads into the surrounding tissues. Diffuse, tense, painful swelling of the affected tissues occurs. Regional lymphadenopathy is common, and fever may be present. The infection can spread into the major fascial spaces of the head and neck, with the attendant risk of airway compromise. Maxillary infection also may spread to the periorbital area, increasing the risk of serious complications that include loss of vision, cavernous sinus thrombosis, and central nervous system involvement.

31 Comments:

At 2:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pamela,
I am so sorry you had to go through all this.
Sending prayers for your speedy recovery. Your smiling cheerful presence is truly missed in blogland!
xoxox

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Praying for a quick and decreased pain recovery!!

 
At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you lots of hugs and wishes for a speedy recovery. Take care my dear friend!

 
At 7:01 AM, Blogger Biker Betty said...

Wow!! So sorry you had to go thru all that. You are in my prayers for a quick healing. Get better fast.

Have a great weekend.

 
At 7:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well for heaven's sake, Pamela. What an ordeal. I'm so, so sorry it got to this point but thank goodness you're on the mend. I know what you mean about the pain meds. Rob stopped taking his two days after the surgery he had Monday because he said the way it made him feel was worse than the pain.

Oh my goodness, I'm so glad this is over for you. You have a good doctor. What a blessing when they stop everything to take care of you.

Now I'm praying that you just bounce right back and feel 100% better soon.

You poor thing. No fun. No fun at all.

 
At 9:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you are feeling better - see you on the next Hunt :)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger HORIZON said...

What a time you have had dear Pamela. l really feel for you and hope that you will have lots of rest and quiet to recover. Please take the pain medication for this- sounds much deserved.
l am really impressed that you drove to the pharmacy and home yourself- that takes guts!
Much love and a gentle hug.
xx
See you when you can but don't worry about getting back too soon. :)

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

So sorry to hear about this as I HATE having things like this done I can be in sympathy with you today. Just rest this weekend and soon it will be all behind you. I cannot believe you went alone and drove yourself home!! Sandy

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

oh my goodness! I'm in pain just from reading about your surgery and having to cut bone from your face! I hope you are feeling much better!

 
At 3:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sending you healing vibrations and remembering you in prayer.
Take care.
Thinking of you in New York,
Frances

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

(((Pamela))) I dislike the thought of anyone I love in pain:-( I do hope you make a quick recovery!! Oh dear, what a painful procedure it turned out to be but I know that your hubby is taking very good care of you:-) We miss you but you must heal first!! Take care of yourself dear friend! Hugs xoxo

 
At 4:27 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Praying for a speedy recovery. That sounds just horrible, but I'm sure you're in good hands with your hubby around. Take care of yourself!!

 
At 5:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you had to go through all you did...hope you are recovering well.

All the best!

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Pamela, that is some pretty scary stuff to read about. I hope you are recovering nicely with your hubby on hand. I have been praying for you and just stopped by to say hi.

 
At 7:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bless your sweet heart...heal quick my friend!!!
(((hugs)))

 
At 7:16 PM, Blogger Linda said...

That sounds very serious Pamela. I'm praying the pain will subside quickly and that you will heal well. I'm sure you're in good hands. Just rest and get better.
Blessings to the two of you.

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better mom Love ya

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger PowersTwinB said...

I hope this finds you feeling better every day...I'm new to blogger and Photo Hunt, so I just wanted to say I stopped in..

 
At 12:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heya

i have a big whitehead spot between my top lip and the bottom of nose and i got up this morning and my lip was actually swollen!!1

That hurt,i felt like someone had smacked me in the face with a baseball bat or something my face felt all funny I am so sorry for you though mine hurt a little yours must have felt like your face was falling apart or something!

Hope you feel better soon
Big hugs
Han x

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like you've really been through it. I hope your recovery is swift!

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, that gives me the shivers!! And not just from our 4 degree day today! I am so glad it's over and that you survived with your sweet spirit intact!

 
At 3:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praying for your speedy recovery.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Oh my, what an awful thing to go through. I'm glad its over and I will pray for a quick recovery. Gentle ((((hugs)))
Kelli

 
At 1:32 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh no...I am so sorry there were all these complications, Pamela!
I am definately going to be praying for your complete recovery to come very soon!

 
At 1:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ouch, that sounds horrible. I'm so glad you're okay and made it through but I'm so sorry you had to go through it! I hope you feel 100% again SOON, take care of yourself!

Thank you again for the birthday wishes, they meant so much to me during such a bad couple of weeks. I'm very blessed to have you as a friend. Hugs & prayers comin' your way, feel better soon! =)

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Ouch, that sounds horrible. I'm so glad you're okay and made it through but I'm so sorry you had to go through it! I hope you feel 100% again SOON, take care of yourself!

Thank you again for the birthday wishes, they meant so much to me during such a bad couple of weeks. I'm very blessed to have you as a friend. Hugs & prayers comin' your way, feel better soon! =)

(Oops!)

 
At 6:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela. I'm sorry to hear about your prolonged surgery and the pain that you had to go through. But I'm very happy that it was a successful surgery and you're doing much better now.

I hope that you will continue to feel better.

Take care and have a lovely week ahead.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Helen said...

Hope you feel better very soon Pamela, God Bless you,

Helen x.

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that sounds just awful!! I'm hoping that your pain has subsided and you're feeling much better!

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds very painful! I am glad you are sounding much better!

 
At 1:56 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Goodness, you've been through a rough time! It must've been really horrible. I do hope you're feeling much better by now.
So glad you found a good Dr. to take care of you and of course, you had your dear hubby to envelope you in his tender loving care. I'll be praying for a quick healing.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home