Just The Two of Us: WFMW ~ Crispy Tuna Steaks in Citrus Sauce
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

WFMW ~ Crispy Tuna Steaks in Citrus Sauce myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics




Shannon of Rocks In My Dryer is hosting a special themed ~
Works For Me Wednesday, WFMW,
where she would like us to list a healthy low-fat recipe for the
New Year 2007.
It's the healthy eating edition!

This is the first time I have participated in WFMW, so
get your weight-loss-friendly recipes ready to share with the rest of us,
I am looking forward to reading your recipes!
If you would like to join in click on the link or the button.


Crispy... Tuna... Steaks
in... Citrus... Sauce


Everyone knows fish is a good choice for heart-healthy eating...it's lower in saturated fat than meat and poultry. Their beefy texture makes tuna steaks a favorite with affirmed meat eaters. The seasonal cornmeal seals in its juicy flavor. Who could resist! lol

338 calories; serves 4
prep time: 15 minutes; cook time: 9 minutes

Ingredients:

2 large oranges
1 1/2 c orange juice
2 Tbs dry white wine (optional)
2 Tbs cornstarch
2 Tbs chopped fresh cilantro
2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
4 tuna steaks (1/2 inch thick, 6 ounces ea)
4 tsp olive oil

Preparation:

Peel and section oranges, eliminating seeds. Whisk orange juice, wine (if using), and cornstarch in small saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat and cook, stirring, until sauce boils and thickens, about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in orange sections. Keep warm.

Mix cilantro, cornmeal, salt, and pepper in pie plate. Coat both sides of tuna steaks with cornmeal mixture, pressing firmly so crust mixture adheres.

Heat 2 tsp oil in large skillet over medium-high heat until hot but not smoking. Sear tuna until done to taste, 2 to 3 minutes on each side for medium-rare. Add remaining oil just before turning fish. Serve with the sauce.

Tip: When purchasing tuna, I use yellowfin. It's a good choice for this recipe because it holds its shape and is flavorful. I also make this recipe with salmon.

Health hint: Tuna is a member of the mackerel family. It is high in heart-protecting omega-3 acids (canned albacore tuna has the highest levels) Omega-3s are special fats that help prevent artery disease. Like most fish, tuna is especially rich in B vitamins, including niacin, thiamin, and vitamin B6.

'myspace
Blogger would not let me on my blog or anyone else's blog today! he he! In fact, blogger said I was not authorized to even visit my blog! lol Too Funny! So, in the midst of it all, I upgraded to the new version of Firefox and finally tonight it is working! The new Firefox has it's own built in spell check! woohoo! I think I like it!

Hope you all enjoy this tasty and healthy little number as much as we do. lol I will be in and out of the Dental office this week while they fix me up and make me look pretty. he he! I am so out of my comfort zone whenever I have to go to the Dentist so I tend to joke and tease with them and today, I just had them all in stitches, my way of dealing with it! So, it's just the two of us hoping you remember to keep it lite, and eat healthy!

17 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pamela ~~ Good idea the healthy recipes. Loved the gender of our computers, have never thought of that
I am sure Blogger is male as he is so
uncooperative at times. Thanks for your visit, we all liked the Robin Hood joke. I usually type in to Word
then copy and paste, but haven't been able to do that for awhile. So I am typing directly into Blogger and that seems to work. Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 4:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Recipe looks good. I have never cooked tuna steaks before. I may have to give it a try.

I switched to the new firefox. I don't know yet if I like it or not.\

 
At 4:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ~~ Thanks for your visit. I
was sorry not to get to the funeral, but there were going to be others there to comfort Sandra's sister which
was my main concern.
Good luck at the dentist Pamela,better
not take hubby in case he says, "No novacaine." Take care, my friend,
Love, Merle.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Healthy recipes are always a good thing, esp. in Jan after the heavy meals of the holiday season!
Blogger was being so beasty yesterday.
I was gone much of the day, and then when I had time it said "NO NO"
I have Firefox and I'll check for the upgrade!
hugs!

 
At 2:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We LOVE fish! Our kids won't eat it much but it's mostly 2 of us now too. I hope to try this one when I get tuna, thanks for sharing it!

 
At 3:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. We really enjoy fish at our house, but I don't make it often enough! Have to give this one a shot!

 
At 3:33 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I don't usually like tuna but fixed like that, I might enjoy it! lol I've copied the recipe down for my mom, she loves tuna! Good luck at the dentist!! Blogger sure was a pain yesterday, I couldn't get on my own blog either for a few hours. Today it seems to be working ok. I haven't switched to the new Blogger yet so I'm just holding my breath to see what happens next!! Hugs xox

 
At 3:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love fish! My family is not a huge fan...so I don't get to cook it very often. I usually always order it out when I have a chance.

 
At 4:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds good....I'm not big on fish, but hubby loves it. I might just have to give in and start fixing fish for the fam....especially with the bird flu and all....don't get me started.

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Blogger was a beast yesterday!! I couldn't get around anywhere and I developed a twitch from not being able to blog. hee hee

I am on Firefox and I like it. I switched over from EI and my internet has been a lot smoother. I'm still trying to decide if I should switch to Beta Blogger. I just have trouble making changes, I guess.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You are my Oprah always empowering me and yes I will post a picture of me and my tiara. Thanks for the recipe you know how much I love to cook, I love fish. Pamela, I am going to start a game (a lady sock exchange) check my posting tomorrow. And the end We all should get 36 pairs for the price of one and lots of new friends. It's going to be fun!!

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This sounds so yummy. Our little Rinie loves fish, so I'll have to try this one for her;)

Hope all you dentist appointments go well!!!

 
At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela, this sounds sooooo good. I LOVE tuna steaks but can't ever find them where I live at....bummer.

Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 6:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks like a good recipe. I'll share it with my husband because he loves tuna. Take care!

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger on the Rock said...

Mmmmm... a fish recipe:)

 
At 8:41 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Pamela! Work is absolutely crazy today so I can't type my usual long comment LOL! The tuna looks yummy! There are lots of good ideas today!

Hope you're feeling pretty again real soon! But you're always beautiful in my eyes :o)

Phone's ringing again~Love, Amy

 
At 10:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This looks wonderful and yes I LOVE tuna and salmon and just about every kind of fish and seafood. This sounds delicious! Thanks!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home