Just The Two of Us: Leaping Lizards and a Baby Shower
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, January 22, 2007

Leaping Lizards and a Baby Shower myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Today, is my sweet Sister-in-law, Debbie's birthday! She and her hubby Noel have three beautiful and well mannered children, our nephews and niece and are named Samuel, Sawyer and Victoria. We miss them all and we'd like to wish her a wonderful birthday filled with blessings to last the whole year through!

The weekend was filled with all kinds of fun! My Mom came down early on Saturday so that we could visit before going over to Heather's for Renee's baby shower. Mom and I have been so busy that it has been hard to get together once a week like we usually do. It was fun to see her and show her my new blog design, well, it was new to her since she hasn't been over for about a month.

We all had a good time playing the new Monopoly game again. She brought over a Christmas gift that had evidentially been overlooked, and was for me! He He! It was kind of funny opening it here in late January. It was a darling Gingerbread boy riding on a sleigh. Very cute!

We both had agreed to bring a side item of finger food. Mom made homemade cream puffs stuffed with homemade chicken salad. I made three dozen deviled eggs. Luckily, Barb came over shortly before we were ready to leave and gave me better directions, cause let me tell you when they say go past the red barn and then take two curvy "S's" in the road and look for the tree that has berries on it...you get the point. Yikes! This city girl and country roads don't do that well together! lol Now my hubby he is a whiz on a dirt road!

The baby shower was fun! We played all the typical games but the funnest one to me was Pictionary using baby sayings. However, as much as I like to draw, we only got 60 seconds and my word was "infant". So, I drew four characters starting with an infant and going up. Someone said, "the stages of life", and I tried to egg her on but all they would say is "baby". We weren't allowed to use jesters.

Mom won a lovely basket full of lotions and potions from "Body Works". She was tickled and tried hard to give it to me but I wouldn't let her. I know she is going to enjoy that. We had to leave the party early as it seemed like it was going to go on forever and Mom had an hour and a half drive home with going back to my house first.

Therefore, we didn't get to see my DIL, Renee open the cute gifts I gave her. I had more fun getting her the cutest little pink frilly sundress that said "Princess" on it with a matching blanket, bibs and booties, and then I also got her the same type of things in lavender. I couldn't leave my little grand baby Ben out so I got him a little Dinosaur bib overall outfit so he would have something new too.

So, it's just the two of us letting you know that the little rubber ducky that you all said you liked by our pool in the previous post... is actually used to hold the chlorine tablets that slowly dissolve and keep the water clean. lol Someone asked about seeing something that looked like a lizard crawling on the tree in the background and yes, there were actually two lizards and they were crawling on the pool cage screen. My hubby and I couldn't believe how observant you all were! lol Lizards are everywhere here in Florida. Hope you all have a wonderful Monday!

25 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

It's nice to have a baby shower like that! But we don't have that here in this side of the world.. some people will just invite relatives and perform special prayer asking for the pregnancy to be a smooth one and the baby safely delivered.
Those lizards do look scary..

 
At 2:19 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Sounds like a really fun baby shower. I like the oldfashioned kind where you actually play games.

Bath and Body works is a must in my house. I love their shower gel and I use it as bubble bath, since I'm a bath person. Honeysuckle is my favorite one.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

The baby shower sounds like so much fun! :D

And I double clicked just now to try and find the lizards and just couldn't! That person who commented sure has eagle eyes! (Or mine are really bad!)
Have a great week! :D

 
At 3:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to your SIL.

The baby shower sounded great. Have a happy Monday!

 
At 7:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday to your sister-in-law.

And I wouldn't guess "infant" too.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At 8:02 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Sounds like a great weekend Pamela. I love showers. It is such fun to see all the beautiful gifts. Yours sounds adorable. It is such fun buying for little girls.
We have more than our share of lizzards too. Our cat used to keep them from getting in the house (if you know what I mean), but now that she is gone they are free to go wherever they please. None have made it indoors yet though.
Have a good day Pamela. Hope your jaw is all healed up by now.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I love baby showers! I'm usually the one in charge of games :o)

I could not for the life of me find the lizards~I guess I need my eyes checked %) ~ that is me wearing my new glasses! Cute!

Bath & Body Works was a very nice present! I'm wearing Pear Blossom today...sniff...it smells yummy!

Did you watch the Colts win last night? I know nothing of football, but I was a great cheerleader last night! Maybe that's why they won ;)

Those deviled eggs sound really good right now and chicken slad is one of my favorites! I'm home alone and hungry~can ya tell? I'm hurting to bad to walk to the kitchen so I have to wait til someone comes home :o( It helps to watch the Food Channel though~I don't know why!

Have a great night and remember that American Idol is on tomorrow night!!!!! Love, Amy

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a fun day with family. I so enjoyed by daughters baby showers...all the cute things.

God Bless!

 
At 11:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like you had a really fun time :)

I LOVE Bath and Body Works, can never go wrong :)

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Gasp! That's what you call "a lizard?" !!! Good heavens, I thought maybe you Florida was the last spot on earth where baby dinosaurs still roam. OK, I'd have a heart attack. That's a seriously big lizard.

Plese tell me I'm looking at the right thing on the tree in the background and not making a hysterical fool out of myself.

What a fun day you had. In spite of the lizard!

 
At 12:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

the lotions sound wonderful and isn't that just like a mom to try to give them to you!!
:-D

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Barb, you have me in hysterics! lol What in the world are you looking at! lol The one itty bitty lizard is angled with his head facing 11:00 on the screen, where as the baby lizard is nuzzled right below him near to metal post on the screen, see them! hehe! Thanks for the laughs you are so funny! :) Baby dinosaurs! Pea is the one feeding the giant Woodpecker! Now that is scary! lol

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Heyyy leave my giant Woodpecker alone!!! LOL I didn't see no lizards so I'll have to look again! lol

I've always enjoyed showers and that baby one you went to sounds like it was a lot of fun! Your mom was so lucky to have won that wonderful gift basket! My friend June just found out she'll be a grandma again...two more times in the next few months!! Her daughter is expecting baby #3 and her son and daughter in law are expecting baby #1:-)

Happy Birthday to Debbie...hope her day was a wonderful one:-)

Hugs xox

 
At 3:04 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Re your comment today: when I said the size of the church doubled, I meant that the 6 of us made it 12 instead of 6! A slight exaggeration, but not much! It was a really tiny little church, but we had great times there and it did grow. My folks were so young then.

 
At 4:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, it won't be long now until you have a new addition to your family. How exciting! When is she due again?

 
At 5:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so busy but I am so ADDICTED to blogitiville with all of these fabulous things my friends are telling here. I am so lucky to count you as my friend!!! Again if you don't hear from me, don't worry, I am probably eating and drinking (water, LOL) and having a great time!!! Love and peace, PL

 
At 6:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to say hi!! It's been awhile, we've had crud and sickness in our house!

Sounds like the baby shower was really fun. I have great memories from the shower I had when Gracie was born, but no one threw one for poor Ian!!

 
At 9:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

how neat that you received the belated Christmas gift! Bet that was a fun surprise! Sounds like the baby shower was fun too...glad your mom could make it!

 
At 9:47 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 11:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a very fun party.

 
At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What fun. My daughter had a baby shower 2 1/2 years ago when she was here in Hawaii. She had 3 ultrasounds, 2 3D ones and one from her doctors office, so we knew it was a girl. We had pink balloons, pink cake, pink streamers, pink baby outfits, etc. Well Jan. 18th rolled around and my daughter called me in the morning from Wa. to say she had the baby and then she said "mom, it's a boy." I said WHAT!!!!!!!!!! And of course it was a boy. You can see him on my blog. Julian just turned two. Can you believe this? Anyway how often does that really happen?

Sounds like you all had a fun time at the shower and some great game playing.

PS it's hysterical that Julian has a baby album that is pink with all pink pictures in if from before he was born.

 
At 10:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ~~ I am so glad the baby shower was a great success and that your Mother won a nice prize.
Thanks for your visit ~~ glad you enjoyed some of it, if not the delicious chicken. I am surprised that you do not have Woolworths Supermarkets over ther. We have hundred in this country, although in my state we call them Safeway.
I remember many, many years ago, both Coles and Woolworths had Variety Stores. They were good, but long gone. Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I forgot to wish your sister-in-law a Happy Birthday so Happy Birthday to Debbie. I also will pray for Renee to have a happy and healthy pregnancy and definitely a baby girl.

 
At 1:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't been to a baby shower forever, I love going to them. Sounds like you had a lovely time with everybody! I just gave my mom a late Christmas present that I forgot about. I thought for sure I wouldn't forget any this year, lol ;) I want a rubber ducky that holds chlorine tablets, aww..haha..it's so cute!

 
At 10:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Could not find a suitable section so I written here, how to become a moderator for your forum, that need for this?

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home