Just The Two of Us: Here & Now...
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Here & Now... myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Amazing that in 1935 an unemployed Charles B. Darrow of Germantown, PA changed history. While the Depression was hovering over peoples lives and slowly draining their dreams and assets. It was then that Darrow invented the game Monopoly. In order to make it appealing he centered the game in Atlantic City using street names and such as this was the popular place to go on vacation back in the day. Now, more than 70 years later, they have created a new version.

Just the two of us had more fun playing Monopoly ~ Here & Now edition. It was a hoot! Hasbro, Parker Brothers and Monopoly, basically let the public vote and the cities and attractions that got the most votes were placed on the game board. It sports 22 of today's most popular traveling destinations across America, all selected by online votes back in May 2006.

The cities or locations that got the most votes: Disney World, The Gateway Arch, and Johnson's Space Center. Some of the Landmarks were much the same, with the exclusion of Jacobs Field, which won by a small percentage of points; Pioneer Square in Seattle. The railroads have been replaced with airports. The Utilities have been replaced with Cell phone service and Internet service. The tokens include a laptop, and McDonald's fries for some, we really had fun! One of my chance cards said I had sold something on E bay and collect $450,000. lol

Ironically, my hubby didn't really want to play at first. It was only with my incessant pleading that he agreed. Then, wouldn't you know he won! Yes, this was a real ego boaster for him. I tend to win more times than not whenever we play anything. We both are so competitive! When I realized how happy it made him, and I am talking a state of EUPHORIA, I thought perhaps, I should let him win more often...poor guy. However, the thought, quickly fleeted, silly me it must have been a moment of weakness! lol

We also saw the movie "The Painted Veil". An independent movie that we caught down at Channel Side, and upscale and modern Shopping Center loaded with night clubs, live music, Nostalgic shops, gourmet candy stores, and a unique bowling alley called Splitsville. Splitsville s has lanes set up in a 3-D fashion. Lanes that criss cross and angle in different directions over each other. They have live entertainment and a game room that is just plain cool! You can watch the ships out on the Bay and at night the place just comes alive with huge romantic white lights that light up the place that dangle from the trees in the courtyard around the fountains. It is so lovely! We enjoyed delicious Mexican food and had so much fun talking, laughing and teasing one another. It is one of the few places that people really dress up in Tampa.

So it's just the two of us feeling oh so glad to have been able to steal a few dreamy moments together and hoping that you all are taking a few minutes for yourselves, as well.

For Kelli, a sweet blogger, needs a kidney transplant. Desperately. She is currently on daily dialysis, though she can’t continue with it indefinitely. She has made her way through the bulk of the process to become an organ transplant candidate, and on the medical end of things, the prospects look pretty good. She needs a donor, of course, but in terms of her being a suitable candidate, everything looks fine. She’s been poked, prodded, questioned and tested - and she’s passed with flying colors.

Boo Mama has set up a special account through Amazon. Please click on the button on my sidebar, for Kelli and contribute what you can to help. Being as she had to quit her job she is in jeopardy of loosing her expensive health insurance through Cobra. It is urgent that she keeps this insurance, as she has qualified for the transplant. Through God all things are possible.

23 Comments:

At 4:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been dying to buy this version of Monopoly & test it out, Monopoly is by far my favorite board game. Ryan & I just had a tournament the other night with the classic version..I ended up with all of the $500 bills & properties, haha great game! =p
It sounds like you & your hubby have been having lots of fun That place sounds wonderful, a must visit whenever I'm lucky enough to visit that area! I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!

The comforter is purple..my old one is blue, so you were close! I hope you have a wonderful week and continue feeling better! =)

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds like fun! And sounds like you are feeling much better.

As to what Grandma was doing - her addiction - blogging!

 
At 1:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela. Sorry wasn't able to answer your question immediately. Anyway, I use Microsoft Digital Image Suite to put my name on my photos. I open a photo then simply click add text then save it using another file name. I don't think it qualifies as a watermark like what I've seen on other images but it serves its purpose.

I love Monopoly. I haven't seen the latest version. The new one sounds interesting. Take care!

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Oh, your time out together sounds just dreamy.

And the Monopoly sounds fun. When I was a kid I used to play it by the hours with my brothers. One particular brother was always the winner, usually ending up with all the bank's money as well as ours! Fun times!!

 
At 4:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My daughter just received that version of Monopoly for Christmas and you are right. It is pretty fun! We played about a week ago, but my six and nine year old gave out after 30 minutes, so we didn't get to finish. Hey, that shopping center sounds amazing! I will need to remember that if I ever come your way. Glad to see you up and enjoying yourself.

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, in all my 32 years, I think I've played Monopoly once or twice. I don't even understand the game. I'm so un-American!!

I went by Boo Mama's place and saw what she is doing for Kelli. So amazing this world of wonderful bloggers.

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

You sound like you're feeling so much better. I'm so glad.
I'm not much of a game player, but when I do play I discover that I'm rather competitive too :) When we were kids, my sister and I played card games quite a bit. I won (being the older by 4 years) most of the time. After a while, though, she would get so pouty I'd just let her win. It was much pleasanter that way!!
Have a great day.

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I had to smile at your post. My DH often graciously consents to playing board/card games w/ me, which I just love. We keep a set of dice in the car to grab when we find ourselves with 'wait time' on our hands. Your break with your hubby sounds great; good for you guys!

(I found you via Kelli's party over at BooMama's)

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love Monopoly, too. Never won. But I love it anyway.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At 6:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Monopoly and Yathzee were my favorite games as a child. I still play Yathzee, now I am very curious about pictionary, I haven't ever played that one!
I am glad you had a very fun time with your hubby!!! I have been so busy cleaning and rearranging the house for our guests.
Also, there is a book you may be interested about empowering women and (you are so good on that) by Louise Hay, you may enjoy it and grow more your already generous heart. Keep getting healthier, please.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

Iqa had fallen in love with Monopoly during the school holidays recently but she is too young to understand it all..so her dad had to guide her. I'm not that interested in this game; so always make excuses not to play with her!
Hope you're feeling better! Aah..most of the time..love will be the healing theraphy!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

It sounds like you guys had a blast playing that game together! I didn't realize there was a new version like that out; sounds like it would be fun!

 
At 1:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you are recovering well from oral surgery.
The game sounds like mega-fun. The ebay chance card was too much.
I'm going to buy it for my daughter and her husband. They love board games.
Thanks for stopping in.
Frances

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a sweet post. I love monopoly but don't play it often. My favorite game is Scrabble and I like poker (I do not play for money ☺).

Your blog looks so pretty and Valentiny! Very romantic.

Hugs!

 
At 11:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't played monopoly in years..it was always one of my favorite games. I didn't realize they had changedthe board. Very interesting. I will have to check it out.

 
At 3:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think Monopoly is a cool game. I can't always get someone to play it with. The hubby loves games, this and Scrabble, but since he is in Iraq I lost my partner. The kids have other games they like to play so I usually play these. They usually like to play games they can beat me at.

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS the shopping center must be amazing. We have the torch lighting downtown every night, but I only get to see it once in awhile if I am downtown. It's so pretty.

 
At 4:02 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I hadn't heard of this new version...how fun! :D

Sounds like such a fun date you and Hubby had!
So glad you are feeling better!

 
At 4:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I never like to play Monopoly...I'm just no good at wheelin' and dealin'...lol!
I just found out about sweet Kelli today...It was so encouraging to see all the help she is receiving!!
:-D

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Pamela, My daughter loves Monopoly so much! We are going to but this version sometime soon for her. Can't wait to play it!

Boomama did such a wonderful thing for Kelli! It's amazing how much money was raised. I hope it will keep her insurance going for awhile. In the meantime we'll keep praying for a donor!

I'll email you with some personal thoughts about this past week!

Love, Amy

 
At 8:58 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I use to love playing Monopoly with my boys when they were younger...I really do miss the board games since they moved out! Sounds like you and hubby had a great ol' time with the new version:-) Glad you got to spend time together by also going to see a movie! I'm glad to see that you are feeling better and able to go out!! Hugs xox

 
At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela, glad to see you are feeling well enough to have some fun. I read your post below. I am so sorry to hear your surgery was so long and painful! But glad everything went well! Hope you are feeling much better!

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I had not heard of the new version of Monopoly... it sounds like so much fun. Thanks for sharing and for sharing about Kelli.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home