Just The Two of Us: Is Your Computer a Girl or Boy...
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, January 08, 2007

Is Your Computer a Girl or Boy... myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

So many of us in bloggityville use our laptops or computers on a daily basis and it just boggles my mind that I have never given my computer a pet name. After all, I call my car "Chile Pepper"...lol. Never the less, I thought you all might enjoy this.

A Spanish teacher was explaining to her class that in Spanish, unlike English, nouns are designated as either masculine or feminine. "House," for instance, is feminine: "la casa." "Pencil", however, is masculine; "el la'piz."

A student asked, "What gender is 'computer'"? Instead of giving the answer, the teacher split the class into two groups, male and female, and asked them to decide for themselves whether "computer" should be a masculine or a feminine noun. Each group was asked to give four reasons for its recommendation.

The men's group decided that "computer" should definitely be of the feminine gender ("la computadora") because of the following:

1. No one but their creator understands their internal logic.

2. The native language they use to communicate with other computers is incomprehensible to everyone else.

3. Even the smallest mistakes are stored in long-term memory for possible later retrieval.

4. As soon as you make a commitment to one, you find yourself spending half your paycheck on accessories for it.

The women's group, however, concluded that computers should be masculine ("el computador"), because of these reasons:

1. In Order to do anything with them, you have to turn them on.

2. They have a lot of data but still can't think for themselves.

3. They are suppose to help you solve problems, but half the time they are the problem.

4. As soon as you commit to one, you realize that if you had waited a little longer, you could have gotten a better model.
'myspace
The women won...(Guys, that's a joke!)

So, it's just the two of us doing a little reading, talking about possible vacation plans and squeezing in every precious moment we can fit in together, which, have been far and few between these days. Hoping you all are making a few plans for yourselves so you all have something to look forward to.

23 Comments:

At 2:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not sure which one mine is. It's been behaving well lately, so I can't be too critical can I??
Vacation plans sound great. We're hoping for a 40th anniversary getaway in June!
:)

 
At 4:41 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

vacation plans? does that have anything to do with me? :) Loved the story, very cute. :)

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoyed reading this post. It's very amuzing. Now, I think that really makes a nice and funt topic for a debate. :)

Have fun with your vacation plans. We haven't made one for summer yet but my family and I are hoping to spend some time at the beach. A popular beach here is Boracay, a famous tourist spot. I was there last summer with some friends. I wish I could go back there this summer with my hubby and son.

Enjoy the week ahead.

 
At 5:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha! That is so cute! My computer is a guy...no doubt about it. Not sure what to name him though!



Hugs!

 
At 6:18 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

So funny! I read this as a forward a long time ago but it's still funny! :)

Making vacation plans sounds so nice...
After our big Hawaii family trip in the fall, we're a big burned out on vacationing for a little while, though! Still, a weekend trip with hubby sounds good! ;)

Blessings!

 
At 10:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very funny. What's interesting is that the same object can be looked at in radically different ways.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Kerri said...

That's funny :) (and clever!) Now I'm going to have to look up the spanish word and see what gender it really is :)
Planning a vacation sounds wonderful!
Wishing you a very happy 2007, filled with much happiness, good health and many blessings.

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the laught, how cute;)

Hope you plan a great vacation. If your ever in the Chicagoland area let me know;)

 
At 3:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny Pamela! I can't wait to show the hubby when he gets home from work.

 
At 5:28 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

You are feeling better and I am glad, We just cancel our vacations plan, Jim is going to buy me a car in about a year!!! YAY!!!! Let us know where are you going!

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger HORIZON said...

Very funny post Pamela. My computer is called Mac for obvious reasons-lol.
Can't seem to find enough time in the day to blog or comment at the moment.
This is always a great time of the year to plan a holiday for later- something to look forward to indeed.
Bests

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Oh my goodness that was funny! Thanks for the laugh!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Rae said...

haha, that's so cute! I'm sure mine is a male, it's been rather complicating to me lately =p Thank you for your prayers! They mean a lot to me. Vacation plans definitely sound great, especially with the 16 degree weather we're supposed to be having here soon, brr..too cold for me! Have a wonderful week =)

 
At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!!!Loved this!

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that was cute!
:-D

 
At 12:28 AM, Blogger Linda said...

That was great Pamela!!! I sure do wish I could think of clever things like that.
Have a wonderful day.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I think we bloggers should all go on the Chuck Swindoll cruise to Alaska in July. Wouldn't that be a blast?

Thanks for stopping by and for the encouragement!

 
At 2:33 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

Oh, those were hilarious!!! I've always thought of my computer as a girl, but I've never thought of naming it. What a fun idea!
Kelli

 
At 2:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a cute story. Nice to start the day with a chuckle.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger Amy said...

LOL! That was funny but so right!Mine is definitely a girl so I shall name her....oooh, I know! I should name her Pamela because your name means honey, sweetness and she's been nothing but a sweetheart to me! I know what your thinking so stop! I am not trying to score points here~well, maybe just a few ;o)

Pamela and I say we'll talk to you after you post again!!

Am I creeping you out yet? Okay, good! Just checking!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

That is so funny, and I needed a good laugh today. Thank you for sharing.

 
At 2:27 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Happy vacation plannning!

The computer story is pretty funny!

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Mine is 4 years old now and starting to act up a bit so I'm not sure if I should say it's a female with PMS or a male not being able to make a decision! lol Planning a vacation is always fun...can't wait to hear where you'll be going once it's all planned out:-) Hugs xox

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home