Just The Two of Us: Favorite Ingredients Friday
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Friday, November 24, 2006

Favorite Ingredients Friday myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Swiss Ham Ring-Around
Total Ingredients: 9

This is delicious and makes a wonderful presentation,
I love to use it for either
leftover Turkey or Ham
They will scarf it up!

Ingredients:

1 tablespoon butter or margarine, softened
2 tbs parsley flakes
2 tbs finely chopped onion
2 tbs prepared mustard
1 tsp lemon juice
1 1/2 c (6 0z) shredded Swiss cheese
1 c fresh fresh or frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
1 c diced cooked ham or turkey
1 can (8 oz) Pillsbury refrigerated cresent rolls




0ptional :
1/2 tsp salt and pepper



Preparation:

OVEN 350*........................6 TO 8 SERVINGS

In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, parsley, onion, mustard and lemon juice; blend well. Add cheese, broccoli and either ham or turkey; mix lightly. Set aside.

Separate crescent dough into 8 triangles. On a greased cookie sheet, arrange triangles in a circle with bases overlapping (The center opening should be about 3 inches in diameter and the points should be toward the outside.)

Spoon meat filling, in a ring over bases of triangles, about 1/3 c per triangle. Fold points of triangles over the filling and tuck under the bases at the center of the circle. Bake at 350* for 25 to 30 minutes un golden brown. Serve hot.

Tips: Cooked, cut asparagus may be used for broccoli.
To make ahead, prepare, cover and refrigerate for 2 to 3 hours; bake 30 to 35 minutes

Sending out a big *thank you* to Overwhelmed With Joy for letting me participate in her Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange that she is hosting. Click on the link to get more great recipes.

If you missed my recipes for: Cream Puffs click here
Cheesecake click here
Oatmeal Barley Soup click here
Holiday Recipe Blogger Style/Merinque Wreaths click here
Iced Pumpkin bars click here
Banana Pudding click here
Zesty Cheese Asparagus Quiche click here

Hope you all had a wonderful time with your loved ones. We surely did! Thanks to my younger son, Terrence trying very hard to be at our family get together and trying to appease his girlfriend who was also cooking for her family up in Ocala and really wanted Terry there too. He managed to get the word out that everyone should be at our place an hour early. So when a couple of people showed up early, I was okay but when everyone showed up, well...I was a little taken aback, but then thought what the hey, I just got to put them to work in the kitchen, lol. It was great! That'll teach them to show up early next year! lol

My sweet daughter, Chrystal called us from Tulsa, she was exhausted because the restaurant she manages sold 800 turkey dinners! They make everything inhouse so she didn't get home til after 1:00 am, got to love those lazy spoiled people! haha! She was teasing us that noone would want to stay if they couldn't watch our beloved Bucs football game with our TV being out of commision. lol

Well, Chrystal, I should have reminded you that God provides! lol My wonderful sweet brother, Duane had a huge extra TV that he wasn't using and so he surprised us and gave us a nice stand, as well! Whoo hoo! Thanks to Duane everybody stayed, and stayed and stayed! lol My Mom, Mother-in-law, and Daughter-in-law were so sweet to help and clean up...yes! I was so appreciative as my batteries were definitely running down. Later, thanks to Renee, she surprised us and brought over two homemade apple pies she had made; we had 5 pies to choose from! Thanks Renee! :)

Our little Grand baby Ben was the highlight of the day. He just started walking a couple of weeks ago and between the little arangatang walk and the incessively cute and infectious giggle, he was just a pure delight! My favorite memory was when we passed around a fall leaf and said what we were most thankful for...at least four of us were brought to tears, then my hubby lead us in a heartwarming prayer full of grace! Thanks Dennis!

So, it's just the two of us hoping you had a wonderful time with much to be thankful for with your friends or family and that you are enjoying polishing off some yummy leftovers too! It's Christmas time!!!


18 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Christmas decorations!

I'm going to make some of your recipes new family favorites.

Your Thanksgiving sounds like it was wonderful.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Pamela! I have many things to be thankful for and one of them is you! I don't know how I found you, but I sure am happy I did! You have been a true friend and a true source of encouragement to me. Thank you for your prayers for me and my father!

I am happy you had such a nice day yesterday! I hope you can get rested up this weekend!

Your recipes are always so yummy looking I need to print them all off before I go to the store because my family would love them!

Sending Holiday Hugs You Way!! Amy

 
At 2:52 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

So glad you had a great Thanksgiving. I am thankful for your friendship Pamela:)! You are a sweet encouragement to me! Have a blessed weekend!

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger someone else said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful day! The babies and children just steal the show, don't they??

 
At 5:04 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

What a wonderful thanksgiving. Wish I could have been there!

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

that sounds delicious! THanks for a yummy recipe!

Glad you had such a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Pamela, there are pictures of the new grandson on the November 19 post.

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Pamela,
What a fun day you had and the food all sounds delish!
Sweet little babies just walking and talking are the real treasures of the day.
I'm beginning my Christmas shopping (online) Those Black Friday crowds don't interest me!
:)

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a wonderful Thanksgiving! My Mom is from Tulsa. That is where she grew up and where my Grandma lived until she took her last breath to be with her Lord.

I am definitely going to try this recipe. It sounds wonderful!

You sure have a fabulous family. I talked to all my kids, of course my youngest Joey was home and I just keep reminding myself that we will all be together at Christmas time!

God Bless!

 
At 8:49 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Pamela,
Your recipes sounds delicious and sure looks prettier than my leftover suggestion. :o) I'm glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

 
At 2:10 AM, Blogger TJ said...

Howdy from Kentucky!!
Looks like your gathering was a lot like ours!!
We had a great Thanksgiving!!
:-D

 
At 2:12 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Aw, it sounds like you had a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family! The recipe sounds yummy, I have to try it..I think I'll be making it the day after Christmas when our family makes a HUGE ham.

I love the new blog look, everything is so cute! Christmas spirt is going full force around here too. I decorated all day instead of shopping. 1 month & 1 day away! =)

 
At 3:20 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did have a wonderful time with my family yesterday. I loved reading about your day. Thank you for all of your wonderful recipes.

 
At 3:23 AM, Blogger HLiza said...

Sounds like a very happy get-together..tiresome but so satisfying! I will be one of those lazy customers who buy from your daughter's restaurant...they sure make it good there!

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh Pamela, I sure wish I could have been sitting at your table on Thanksgiving Day...everything looked just perfect!! Can you please send me some leftovers??? hehe That recipe sure does sound delish and I'll copy it to try after Christmas when I have leftovers:-) Enjoy this fun time of year my friend...yessss it's Christmas time!!!! xoxox

 
At 2:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy you had a large crowd for Thanksgiving. We are so far from family that we don't have a huge crowd but with so many kids it seems like a crowd.

Yumm-o that recipe looks good. Can't wait to give it a try.

Ben looks so cute sitting in his high chair at the table. There is nothing more fun than having a baby around. This always reminds me of what blessings we all have. I'm so glad you are blessed with Ben.

 
At 2:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

BTW sorry about your Bucs, but my parents are huge NY Giants fans and I really needed to win this game to take them out of first place. I am usually not this fanatical but with the Giants on my butt I have to be. I'm so sorry.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Like what you have done to your bloggy space. Sorry I haven't been around in a while, life just kinda got crazy for a while!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home