Just The Two of Us: Friday Favorite Ingredients ~ Apple Crepes
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Friday, February 23, 2007

Friday Favorite Ingredients ~ Apple Crepes myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Apple Crepes
Total Ingredients: 9

These are light and decadent,
and easy to make.
You may substitute your
favorite fruit such as
peaches, apricots,
or strawberries.




Ingredients:

1 slice white bread
1 T low fat milk
1 egg
1/4 tsp rum extract
1/4 tsp vanilla
Sweetener to = 2 tsp sugar


Preparation:

Combine bread, milk, egg, extracts, and artificial sweetener in a blender. Blend on medium speed until smooth batter is formed. Pour into a hot non stick pan. Cook until bubbles appear on surface, turn and finish cooking other side. Keep warm. Spread with hot apple filling and roll. Top with a dollop of whipped cream and enjoy! 1 serving

Apple Filling:

1 medium apple peeled, cored and diced.
1 T water
Sweetener to = 4 T sugar
1/4 tsp cinnamon

Combine ingredients in a saucepan. Cover and simmer slowly until apples are soft


Sending out a big *thank you* to Overwhelmed With Joy for letting me participate in her Favorite Ingredients Friday Super Bowl Sunday Edition recipe exchange that she is hosting. Click on the link to get more great recipes.

If you missed my recipes for:
Funny Cake click here
Backed Beans click here
Skewered Shrimp click here
Swiss Ham Ring Around click here
Cream Puffs click here
Cheesecake click here
Oatmeal Barley Soup click here
Holiday Recipe Blogger Style/Meringue Wreaths click here
Iced Pumpkin bars click here
Banana Pudding click here
Zesty Cheese Asparagus Quiche click here

Dennis and I had so much fun taking little Ben up to my Mom's lake house. He loves the outdoors and so we played peek-a-boo around the trees, chased each other giggling all the way, as his little legs took him running awkwardly through the grass. My Mom and I, sat him between us on the bench swing that looks out toward the lake that just twinkled and appeared to be dancing. He loved swinging and we loved spending the day with my Mom. She was delighted that we came up with him.

When we got home I warmed up the leftover roast beef, potatoes, carrots, onion and celery dinner I had made. He had a ferocious appetite and ate half of my dinner. It makes you feel good when they eat well and seem to be enjoying it. With each bite he took, he had darling little sound effects he would hum and bounce his head to.

Renee's Mom came over and picked up Ben after we visited for about an hour. So, we went up to hospital and spent a couple of hours with Kevin, Renee and their new baby Arianna. They had her dressed up in the brightest little stripped multi-pink colored outfit. They had her picture taken in it and she looked so angelic.

Kevin and Renee brought home baby Arianna late last night. They are all doing wonderful. Little Ben seems to be doing just fine with the addition of his new little sister.

So, it's just the two of us relishing life and breathing in each and every moment, as we try to hold on, so as to capture it all forever! Life is precious, hope you all capture a moment to cherish, as well.


16 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I can totally picture Ben eating his food. My daughter was always happiest when she was eating, especially when it was something yummy!

I can't wait to see more pics of Arianna! I love babies so much. They make me smile all day long. My friend's son is five months old and he had to get glasses. She brought him over for me to see and he is SO cute with them on. It was his first day with them and he didn't bother them. I honestly think he realized they were helping him see. He smiled the whole time, like he was looking at everything for the first time!

Are you enjoying American Idol this year? I love Laquisha and hope she does well. Otherwise I am not that impressed yet. Maybe they will get better week by week.

As for me I am in severe pain. I can't get up by myself anymore. I spend my days sitting on the edge of my bed and working at a card table. I'm not sure what the future holds for me right now. It's a little scary, but I'm fighting it the best I can. Thank you for your prayers Pamela!

Love, Amy

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Yum, I have never made apple crepes and they sound delicious! :)

Sounds like a wonderful day with Ben at the lakehouse! :) What sweet grandparents you both are and I know you are still just so excited your new little addition, too!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger TJ said...

You know...I've never had a crepe...I'll have to try one someday!
I bet that appetite was due to all the fresh air...I know you had so much fun!!
:-D

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

oh this sounds so yummy! Thanks for sharing it!

 
At 7:48 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Amy, that is wonderful about the little boy and his new glasses!
Yes, we love Idol, we like Doolittle and Jones too. My prayers are with you girl.

Tammy, we sure are excited, and got to see Arianna and Ben as Kevin and Renee brought them over today! Fun!

Kentucky Tammy, they are delish! The trick is to serve them hot!

Michelle, hope you like them and you are so welcome! :)

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Awww Ben is so adorable even without seeing his picture I can just imagine him doing all of that. So cute! I can't wait to see more pictures of him with his little sister!

Those crepes sound absolutely amazing..I'm making some this weekend for our big Sunday dinner. Thanks so much for the idea & the recipe! Have a wonderful (nice weather!) weekend! =)

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

Glad that all is well there! Just one question here..if I were to substitute the rum in the recipe there, what can I use?

 
At 9:08 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Hliza, you could easily substitute either vanilla extract, or almond extract. :)

 
At 10:09 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

My grandkids don't eat that great - especially Care Bear. Feisty does better, and is tiny compared.

So glad things are going well with the little family.

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Those apple crepes sound absolutely heavenly...so many recipes I want to try out!!!! Yum yum!! I'm so glad you got to spend some time with little Ben, he certainly is adorable!! I can just imagine how much you're loving baby Arianna also:-) xoxo

 
At 10:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just told someone how much I've been craving and eating apples for the past few days.

Now, thanks to you, I have another apple recipe.

Have a great weekend.


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Your recipe sounds delicious! Thanks for sharing. The day with your grandson sounds wonderful. Glad he is doing fine with the new baby :)

 
At 1:17 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

What an unusual recipe. Thanks! The day with Ben sounds fantastic. I know you must still be on cloud 9 over that cute new granddaughter.

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Hey, I have a crepe maker that I could use for this recipe. I'm sure my "boys" would love it! It's been a while since I've made crepes.

Thanks so much for participating in my Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

Glad you had fun spending time with little Ben! :)

 
At 3:29 AM, Blogger FamilySnows said...

Sounds delicious. I will be so impressed if I can make crepes that turn out! It will be fun to try!!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe. I love crepes especially mango and peach crepes. Apple crepes sound great too.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home