Just The Two of Us: A Precious Little Angel is Born!
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

A Precious Little Angel is Born! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

We have been riding high as it has been a whirlwind of activities! We told Kevin and Renee that being as the hospital called and told Renee she was to be induced in labor at 7:00 a.m., that we would be more than happy to let little Ben sleep over so they wouldn't have to wake him up so early...

What a blessing that turned out to be! Seemed like we no sooner than went to bed when the answering machine came on with Kevin's voice "wake up, wake up, wake up"! I opened one eye and thought that kid...he is never going to cut the jokes, he is absolutely relentless, the gull of him calling at 5:30 in the morning, when they aren't even inducing until 7:00 a.m.

Quickly falling back to sleep, only to tuck in another 5 minutes of blissful sleep, my other eye sprang open, with the realization that "Oh my word, he sounded like he was serious. I jumped out of bed and played the message back only to realize that after the first part of the message, he was saying that Renee was 8 center meters dilated AT 5:30! With a joyful sudden awareness, it dawned on me that Renee had gone into labor naturally sometime in the middle of the night! They didn't have to induce her after all!

Gently, I leaned over the pack n' play and sang Ben awake, he first stretched his little arms and legs out and then his sweet pink little lips curled up in a sweet smile, he quickly lifted his arms up and out toward me and I gingerly swooped him up into my arms. It was hard to imagine any child bringing as much joy and love into our lives, and yet, as the seconds ticked by, his little baby sister was being born.

We were on our way to the hospital, forgetting that we would be smack dab in the middle of rush hour traffic at 7:30 a.m., the beauty of the sunshine mixed with our rapidly rising adrenaline and excitement of witnessing yet, another miracle being born seem to somehow guide us in, as if time just stood still in anticipation.

So here is how it all unfolded, Renee and Kevin arrived at hospital at approximately 3:00 a.m., wondering and I emphasize, "wondering" if she was in labor! Renee was not only in labor, but was dilated 8 center meters. They barely had time to get her prepped, when three pushes later, their beautiful baby girl, Arianna was born. weighing in at 8 Lbs 2 oz., and measuring 20 1/2 inches. Renee looked wonderful and was exhausted. She just radiated love and admiration as she held her daughter. She was thrilled that Arianna quickly had taken to nursing and had already found her index fingers to suckle after only being in the word for less than 1 hour! Kevin was beaming with joy!
We were all astounded at the full dark curly head of hair she was born with. Big beautiful eyes, and a cute little button nose.

All I ask, is that you check out little Ben's expression as he looks at his little new born sister, Arianna for the first time!

...Renee and Kevin, you have a gorgeous sweet blessed family! We are so proud of you both! Renee, you did good! :) Thank you so very much for including us and letting us be an active part of your sweet, precious family! May God continue to cradle your young family with love and blessings beyond rapture! For just the two of us, it was love at first sight! A precious little angel was born! God be willing, may you too, be blessed to experience the miracle of birth and the intense sweet "love at first sight" you feel, penetrate through your heart and soul when holding your child or grandchild for the first time.

35 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

Oh, congratulations to the whole family!! Baby Arianna is just precious, that sweet little yawn!!!!!
Thank for sharing the wonderful pictures with us!
Kelli

 
At 3:25 AM, Blogger Susie said...

She's adorable! So glad it went quickly and smoothly!
Her name is just beautiful..Thanks for sharing this precious family moment with all of us!
xoxo

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Omigosh, she's just a living doll!! Congratulations to all of you:-) I'm heading for bed but I had to check your blog first to see if there was any news about the baby!! I'm just so happy for all of you:-) Hugs xoxo

 
At 4:19 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Oh Pamela! I am just ecstatic with joy for all of you!!! A hearty congrats... and by the way... what a beautiful little dolly!! :-)

 
At 4:31 AM, Blogger HLiza said...

Oh that is so so sweet! Congratulations to all of you! Welcome baby Arianna! Now I feel like I can't wait for that similar moment too!

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Congratulations to all of you. What a sweet, wonderful little new addition to your family.

 
At 8:50 AM, Blogger Nessa said...

You are all so beautiful. The joy you express in your life is inspiring. Congratulations.

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

That was so sweet! Wonderful pictures, thanks for sharing it with us.

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Doris said...

Congratulations to you all! Have fun making memories.

 
At 3:29 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Congratulations! She is a living doll. Beautiful! I'm so glad everything went well. And Ben's little lit up face is adorable! Thanks for all the great pics.

Will you be watching Ben for the next few days?

I'm feeling giddy and I'm not even related! What an exciting time for you all! Hugs and continued prayers. Love, Amy

 
At 3:52 PM, Blogger someone else said...

A huge, happy congratulations to all of you. She is such a beautiful little bundle and you ALL look radiant! And the proud grandparents? What a fabulous picture!!

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger smileymamaT said...

Congratulations!!! What a beautiful little face!
T

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger TJ said...

a beautiful baby gal with a beautiful name...I know you are bursting with JOY!!
(((hugs)))

 
At 8:08 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Aww, congratulations! The pictures are wonderful and Arianna is such an adorable name (it's my favorite cousin's name!) I love little Ben's adorable look on his face in that photo, too cute for words!

Thanks for sharing these wonderful moments with us!

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Oh, wow! I'm just almost in tears here, feeling your joy!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! :D

(Love the picture of Ben's face with new baby sister!) :)

 
At 8:23 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

Congratulations and what a great day to have a baby girl!! MY BIRTHDAY!! YEAP great great day!! What a sweet name too!! I am so happy for you grandmother!! What a precious family. Thanks for posting the pictures too...Sandy

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Oh how beautiful. I have been wondering when the baby was going to be born. What beautiful pictures and what a beautiful family you have. I am so happy for you and Renee looks wonderful. I am glad to hear she had the baby pretty quickly. Arianna is a lovely name. I am so happy for you all.

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

congrats on your new granddaughter! She is beautiful and such a pretty name too!

 
At 10:32 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Oh my gosh, congratulations Pamela. How wonderful. She is adorable. I can't believe that at 8 centimeters, there was ever a doubt what was going on. LOL

Isn't it wonderful? There's just no describing how it feels to hold a brand new grandchild. I'm so happy for all of you. What a beautiful family you all are.

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Such wonderful news....Wow to be "wondering" if you are in labor and to be 8 cent.... I can only wish:):) Praise God for His hand on her!!!!

What a sweet family they are! And so blessed that you are the Grandma:) Congratulations!!!!!!

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'm happy it went so well. Arianna is just beautiful!

 
At 5:08 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

So she did come on his birthday! No wonder you haven't been around much the last few days. What a sweet new bundle and nice looking family! Congrats, Grandma!

 
At 12:37 PM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Congratulations to your whole family. A warm welcome to the newest member of your family. Arianna is such a beautiful baby and it's nice to see how happy she has made all of you. Wishing her best of health. Take care!

 
At 1:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations! This is just wonderful!

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger JunieRose2005 said...

Oh, what a beautiful baby girl!

My 4 'grands' are grown up now! :( Happens too quick!


This is my first visit here. I followed you from Susie's place...a New baby always will draw me in! :)

See you are a Florida lady too! And we're almost neighbors. We're in Ocala!

Enjoy those babies1 Congrats to all of you!

Junie

 
At 5:10 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Precious, I can just see the love radiating from your face! Congrats!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

HOw wonderful is that.....she is so gorgeous...and wow mom looks great for just having a baby....everyone looks so proud and happy...thank you for sharing all of this with us....

Congratulations to you all!

 
At 8:01 PM, Blogger Lady G~ said...

I found your blog through someone's Thursday Thirteen list. I felt led to check it out.

Congratulations on the birth of your Grand-Baby, Arianna. I have to tell you that my oldest daughter's name is Melina Arianna. LOL! She'll be 20 in a couple of months.

I was curious as to how your Grand-Baby got the name. I got it from a book I read when I was 19. I had never heard that name before and I thought is was angelic and beautiful.

I'm sure I don't have to say this, but enjoy her... they grow up too fast.

Blessings to you and yours...
http://aknightslady.blogspot.com/

 
At 8:11 PM, Blogger HORIZON said...

Ahh- how wonderful and beautiful Pamela- you must be so proud- congratulations to you all- what a sweet wee baby girl. Love her name
Now they have a 'gentleman's family'- first the boy and now the wee girl. lovely.
xxx

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Congratulations - to everyone!!! I remember those joyous moments well. Daddy has a wonderfully, big smile - as do all the rest of you. She is just beautiful - name and all. Enjoy!!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

She is just beautifully precious! Congratulations to all of you! And how great that she went into labor naturally rather than having to be induced!!

Thanks for sharing the pictures. Little Ben looks awestruck! :-)

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Susie said...

How wonderful! Blessings and prayers to the family. You couldn't look more proud.

 
At 2:28 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Hi Pamela,

I ran over here to see if I could link to Crystal's blog so I could read her homemaking meme but I can't find her in your sidebar. Wanna help me out? :-)

 
At 3:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben,

Have the first dance with Arianna to my song "Little Girl."
http://www.TheLittleGirlSong.com/babygirl

Congratulations!

E. Walter Smith

 
At 2:55 PM, Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Congratulations to all of you! She is beautiful!!!!!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home