Just The Two of Us: Friends Help Us Stay on Track
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Friends Help Us Stay on Track myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Just the two of us have been enjoying putting together a jig saw puzzle this week. It is called Crystals & Candlelight. The box says it glitters and glows. Scintille et rougeoie! I don't know about the glowing part but this puzzle has glitter all over it so it adds a whole new dimension and challenge, not to mention that the picture is very intricate. My hubby helped out for about an hour and then pretty much just cheered me on! haha!


Here it is all put together. It was really amazing to see all the hidden images come out such as little little bunnies, deer, goats, otters, and eagles. All hidden in the lower left hand corner.

Doing the puzzle was something we hadn't done in ages and it was a great way to take our minds off of this and that. Things we will sooner rather than later have to face.

Yesterday, I blogged about Pretty Lady blessing me with a little package in the mail.

Well, today, another sweet blogger friend, Kathleen Marie, sent me the cutest little Valentine card and a package of seeds, PINKS, also know as Dianthus Imperial, double mixed colors, for Valentine's Day! Kathleen Marie, of Stranded in The Mountains, is a sweet, thoughtful, and talented writer. Her hubby served our country well and is a Viet Nam Vet, they have four children and run a Christian camp nestled in the Black Hill Mountans. Kathleen Marie, has a darling little baby Granddaughter named Alexys, so if you get a chance drop by and say "Hey". Thanks for thinking of me friend, !

Oprah, featured childhood prodigies on her show yesterday. Perhaps some of you caught the show.

Well, I was in and out but did happen to catch the amazing little 7 (seven) year old boy from India. Oh my word, his name is Akrit and he has an IQ of 146. When he was just 2 years old he was writing, at 4 years old he was reading Shakespeare and understanding it. He then took an interest in Medical journals and read them front to back. He was allowed to observe live surgeries. At 7 years old, he preformed his first surgery, as parents of a young girl who was severely burned and tragically had her fingers melded together inside the palm of her hand, besieged Akrit to do the surgery, free of charge as they couldn't afford it any other way. He studied, got permission and successfully preformed the surgery when all the other sergeants said it couldn't be done. He is now in his 2nd year at Punjad University and is the youngest student to be accepted!


So, it is just the two of us puzzled at how life can throw you a curve, some good and some not so good but glad the Lord, He sees us through all, as he is so good! Hoping you are able to stay on track, and blessed with loved ones whom help you balance the load.

14 Comments:

At 3:02 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Wow, that puzzle gives me a headache just looking at it. Congratulations on your perseverance and patience!

I usually try to see what Oprah's going to be about before I turn it off, but I missed that one. I think I would have watched it.

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Susie said...

That puzzle looks challenging indeed.
I'm glad it helped take your mind off
the this and that you are going to have to face (hope that's nothing serious there)
We are certainly blessed with a loving and caring blogging community,
aren't we?
hugs!!

 
At 10:25 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Hi Pamela ~~ Good post, lovely jigsaw
and that story on Oprah sounds just
amazing. Such a young lad to be so brilliant - the world is lucky.
Thanks for your comments, my corned beef was yummy. Glad you liked The Big Wheel story, it was a nice story.
Funny about that Gallagher Obit. My married name was Gallagher for 27 years and I have 2 sons, Gallaghers!!
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 12:10 PM, Blogger Susie said...

You make me what to go buy and puzzle and get started. How fun that you two share a common interest like that. I did catch a few moments of Oprah, but I only saw the young opera girl which was pretty amazing too.

 
At 3:07 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I don't think I've ever seen a jigsaw puzzle with glitter on it. That's pretty.

The valentines you've been posting are just cuter and cuter every day!

I'm praying for a speedy resolution to whatever is going on in your life that is causing you worry and concern.

 
At 3:17 PM, Blogger Linda said...

The puzzle is beautiful Pamela. I love to them but haven't worked on one in years. I tend to get so focused on them nothing else gets done:) The principal at the Christian school up the street from us does these HUGE jigsaw puzzles then glues them onto a board and hangs them as pictures on the walls. They are stunning. They're so big he has to sit on the floor to work them. I don't think that would work for me :)
How nice of Kathleen to send you that special valentine. It sure does brighten the day.
I'll wish you Happy Valentine's Day now. I'll be away tomorrow.

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I always enjoyed jigsaw puzzles but it's been a couple of years since I've worked on one. That glitter one looks soooo hard to do but wow is it gorgeous all finished up!!! Well done! How lovely of Kathleen to send you the card and seeds...she is such a beautiful person, inside and out:-) I didn't watch Oprah but that boy is something else isn't he!! I hope everything is ok with you my friend!! Hugs xoxo

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow...I haven't watched Oprah in ages, but what a facinating story of this boy! I heard about him, but didn't know the details.

How wonderful and sweet that two blogging friends surprised you!

Whatever you're facing, I'm glad you have God with you, leading and holding your hand.

Blessings to you and (((hugs)))!

 
At 7:25 PM, Blogger TJ said...

what a pretty jigsaw puzzle...I used to love to do those...
:-D

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger Rae said...

That puzzle looks amazing, you did a great job! I'd love to find a glittery puzzle. Wow that boy was only 7 years old?! It's amazing what some people put their minds to, especially at such a young age!

My date isn't set officially yet, I'm still waiting for my "official" engagement ring (instead of my pre-diamond one haha) so hopefully if I get that soon I can put all of these plans in stone and hop to it! Middle of May has always been my dream though! =)

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

I haven't done puzzles for ages too..I was not very patient before and gave up almost everytime I tried my hand on them!
Oh hadn't watched Oprah for long time too..that child sounds amazing!

 
At 9:15 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

what a neat looking puzzle you both put together!

You sure have been getting a lot of neat surprises in the mail too!

I just can't imagine being 7 yrs old and being able to perform surgery!

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

That's a lovely puzzle. I'm sure you had fun doing it.

The last time I've done a huge puzzle like that, I was in high school. My Dad and some cousins merrily put together a lovely jigsaw puzzle. Come to think of it, I don't know where that puzzle went. I remember my Dad wanting to frame it but I guess we just forgot about it. But my Dad took some photos so the fun memory will always be there. :)

I'm glad you have met very nice and thoughtful friends like them.

Wow, that boy is indeed amazing. This is the first time I've heard about him and I couldn't imagine such a young boy capable of all that. His parents must be truly proud of him. Amazing!

Happy Hearts Day to you and your loved ones!

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What beautiful puzzle:) Sounds like a fun project. And I love how you tie in your words in your post.....very creative you are:)

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home