Just The Two of Us: Keeping It Tidy Can be So Refreshing
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Keeping It Tidy Can be So Refreshing myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Just the two of us are relishing the beautiful weather we are having here in Florida. We are expecting a high of 71 or 72 degrees. It is just beautiful!

Would be a wonderful day to have a baby, alas we are still eagerly awaiting the arrival of our new little baby granddaughter. Renee is doing everything she can think of to encourage labor. Yesterday, she went up and down the stairs twenty or so times and she has been walking so much that she wore herself out. Poor girl, we can all sympathize with her.

Never the less, our son, Kevin, came over with Little Ben, who is now 14 months old. It is rare that I get to visit with Kevin all alone. We took Little Ben outside and Kevin showed me how he can kick a ball. Like a good Grandma, I oohed and awed and was really amazed he could kick the beach ball. Kevin explained that he wants to get him in Soccer first, as he feels, kids have about a three year attention span for a sport and then he will get him into something else like baseball or football. All three of our kids played sports and we just loved being together out on the field cheering and supporting one another. It made for great family unity!

My Mom came down and we met my hubby Dennis for lunch at Cheddars. We had such a delightful time. She and I found a great 50 - 75% off sale, so I got a cute light weight black sweater for $3.00. Then I went an found a pair of brown pants with draw strings on the side that resembled the pair I ruined when I was bleaching out our shower the other day.

Yesterday, and today Mom had to cook at the church. They planned on serving a delicious ham, broccoli, and cheddar casserole, with glazed carrots, and a salad bar for the Wednesday night supper they serve at her church. She and the other two ladies work so hard and usually feed about 125 people every week. She gave me the recipe for the casserole so I can try it this week.

It has been nice to dig in and do a bit of decluttering. This day and age they make so many wonderful storage containers and items for organizing that it just makes things so much easier. The plastic holds up so much better than cardboard boxes. I hope to eventually make labels for the containers so I can find my organized stuff! haha! Today, I will be tackling the laundry room. I keep all of my paint supplies, yarns for crocheting, scrap books, crayons, scissors, tape, glue and whatnots for crafting in plastic bins with draws. Although it is already neat and clean, it will be nice to reacquaint myself with my supplies and just tidy them up. It's funny whenever you start a project like this you feel like you've created a disaster area until you get it all put back.

We were surprised to learn that 92,000,000 people watched the Super Bowl this past weekend making it the second most viewed Super Bowl in history.

So, it's just the two of us keeping things tidy so that we can spend time together focusing on the things that mean the most to us, filled with the love for the Lord, laughing together as we watch the kids go through the same things we did, and grateful for each and everyday we have together, as life goes by so fast. Hoping you are able to find what you need, when you need it in a snap, and if not, you dig in and make it work too, as it is such a cleansing and refreshing feeling!

20 Comments:

At 3:37 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

That weather sounds wonderful! We've had a couple of warm days here, too, for a change, which is great....but makes for a real sloppy mess on the roads and sidewalks when 2 some feet of snow are finally starting to melt! I'm ready for spring and it's only February!

Poor Renee! Hope that baby comes soon! I heard that Spimoni is a great way to induce labor. Probably just a myth....but may be worth trying.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The weather sounds gorgeous there!!! I'm in Bedford in the UK and we're expecting Snow!!! It's sooooo cold at the moment!! It's February and it should be getting a little warmer not colder!!!

I've got House group at church this evening - I'll ask the mothers there if they have any ideas about how to encourage labour

 
At 6:02 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I can just feel the excitment building as you await the new grandchild!! I'm so excited for you!! My little grandson played t-ball last year and now is doing the basketball...I wish I could see a game...but alas I'm stuck in the snow!
Pinch me, maybe I'll catch your organizing bug!!
:-D

 
At 6:06 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Pamela!

Hope Renee is ok, it's so hard in those last few weeks/ days.

It sounded fun with your little grandson kicking a ball around, you sound like such a fun grandma!

Yes as Hannah said we're bracing ourselves for snow here in the UK, we're not used to it as we don't get much but when we do the whole country comes to a standstill!

Have a lovely week with your lovely family - you're such a 'groovy granny!!'

God Bless!
Helen x.

 
At 6:12 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Lucky you to have great weather, I hope it continues! Let us know when the baby comes

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I really love your vintage valentines!!

And eating at Cheddars??? Yummmmmm. I wish we had one here. The only one I've been to was near Houston and I loved it!

I'll be looking forward to the baby announcement, too!

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I hope the baby arrives soon, too. Pamela is almost official, I think I am going to vacation in Naples, Florida for Easter and I can't wait, yes!!! I love Florida!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I love the feeling of everything being tidy & organized around you. It really just makes you relax so much more, doesn't it? That's great that you found the pants that resembled ones that were ruined, I had a shirt that an ink cartridge exploded all over before, I was very surprised to find two left (one in my size) for 50% off the next time I went shopping! God looks out for us in such wonderful ways =)

I hope that grandbaby comes soon!

 
At 9:12 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Pamela,
Your vintage Valentines are wonderful. I so enjoy seeing them!
Those last few days of waiting for a new grandchild are so exciting. I know you have dozens of pink thoughts just flying through your head!
You're very ambitious to do all that organizing done. It is a great feeling when it's finished!
hugs!!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Linda said...

We are having the same weather. I love it when I can open the windows and have that fresh air flow through the house. Heavenly!!
Poor Renee. I can sympathize. I was more than two weeks late with our second son. My husband decided a ride on the motorcycle would do the trick. So he took me for a little spin. I went into labor the next day!!
However - I am not recommending this to Kevin and Renee - just sharing :-)

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Maybe she'll have a little valentine! Kev was born on the 13th, so Valentine's Day kind of took a back seat to birthday celebration.

Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments on our stories. We are really amazed at what we're learning about each other that we could never discuss back then. I praise God!

 
At 11:59 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

What a wonderful time you had and the weather... I agree, I should move your way but alas, hubby won't hear of it. Sad to say but he loves the mountains and our JOB is really a full time ministry and this is where God has placed us.

Well, I need to get some cleaning done. Oh, and we need to see more pics of the little guy kicking a ball around!

Hugs!

 
At 12:55 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Pamela:-) Geez, you got the nerve to say it's in the 70's over there when we're freezing our ummm butts over here! hehe I obviously live in the wrong part of the world! lol

Oh gosh, I can just imagine how tired Renee is of waiting for this baby to make an appearance! Hopefully it will happen reallll soon! Prayers that all goes well.

Love the valentines you've been showing on your posts! Hugs xox

 
At 1:23 AM, Blogger HLiza said...

I did the same thing like Renee too when I was about to due! I can never be patient when it comes to getting baby out of me..LOL! One tips: try asking her to squat and stand up repetitiously.
I wish I can be as organized as you..

 
At 1:36 AM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Can't wait to hear about your little Granddaughter's arrival:) Praying God makes it soon.

I too have been in a organizing and cleaning mood. I think I'm nesting:)

Oh and your weather..... I can only dream of the 70's. It was 4 here w/ a wind chill of -15:(

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you sure have been keeping busy! What a great sale too!

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Boy you guys are sure busy people. Glad to hear the weather is so nice and that you could spend some enjoyable time with Ben.

I hope Renee has the baby soon, she must be very anxious to see her new little one. I have no great advice since I am usually late. One time when I was pregnant with my 3 year old I read an article on some restaurant that served eggplant that seemed to induce labor. Anyway woman go eat there then if they have there babies the next day they get their picture on the wall. well they printed the recipe and I followed it to the "T". I ate the most delicious eggplant parmigiana for lunch and dinner 3 days straight. For some reason it didn't work. Obviously I am not the one with the best labor inducing ideas.

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Christina said...

Oh I just read the other comments and I am with Kristen, try the Spumoni, at least if it doesn't induce labor Renee will have had a nice dessert.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

I'm glad you're taking advantage of the nice weather there. It was drizzling here yesterday but I'm glad that today, the sun is out. I'm off to meet some friends later and looking forward to some fun time with them.

I hope that Renee will have her baby soon and wishing her a safe and easy delivery

I was almost induced when I was pregnant but thank goodness my baby came just in time. I also walked around our village every afternoon to help encourage labor. I'm thankful that I had an easy and normal delivery.

My husband and my 3 yr-old son loves playing soccer too. It's fun watching them. We're also thinking of enrolling him in a soccer program sometime in the future. I heard of summer soccer programs but haven't inquired yet.

Thanks for all the wonderful comments on my blog. It's always heartwarming to receive lovely comments from you. Take care! Have a lovely weekend ahead.

 
At 6:14 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Hi Pamela ~~ Glad you are having nice weather, ours has been quite nice,
just a little too warm. Hope that
little grand-daughter arrives soon. Little Ben is growing up, kicking a ball already. Take care, my friend, Love Merle.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home