Just The Two of Us: A Wedding, A Pretty Lady, and Hope
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Wedding, A Pretty Lady, and Hope myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend! Just the two of us sure did! We got together with my Mom and brother, Duane. He treated us to dinner at Mimi's Restaurant. The service was good. the food was delicious and the company delightful!

Duane was in good spirits, as it won't be long now till his fiance, Maricel will be coming to the United States all the way from the Philippines the early part of March. They are planning on getting married the end of May if all goes according to plan. Just the two of us will be the Maid-of-Honor and Best Man in their wedding.


Both Valentines, I am sharing today are probably the most risque of all the Valentines that belonged to my grandmother. Of course, some of the wording didn't have the same condensation back in the 1920's, as they do now. Thanks so much for all your sweet comments regarding the Valentines. It is a pleasure sharing them with you.

This weekend my hubby, Dennis informed me I had received a package in the mail. Well, wouldn't you know that Pretty Lady, a.k.a. Carmen, of Strawberries and Champaigne sent me some of the prettiest dish towels I have ever seen. Thanks so very much Carmen, I love them and will always think of you when I use them.

Pretty Lady, sent them simply as a way of thanking me for particpating in her "Funky Sock Exchange", she hosted last week. I had been paired up with Marilyn, and thought you might like to see the card I made her to go with her package.

Pretty Lady, is such a dynamic, sweet and uplifting blogger. She and her hubby live in Southern California and have the cutest little girl who plays a great game of soccer and has a wonderful relationship with her Mom, making crafts, and just hanging out together. She posts some incredible recipes, she and her hubby make together, and lovely poems, and shares a love for gardening! So, if you get a chance drop by and say, "hey".

Made some delicious homemade Roasted Potato Soup yesterday, that was so good! I served it with some some skewered shrimp, and a bowl of fresh fruit. We will probably be enjoying leftovers for a couple of days, for lunch anyway. See it there cooking...slowly it thickened up to just the right consistency.

So it is just the two of us filled with hope, as he always is always there with us whenever we need Him. He is first in our lives. We are so glad to have new friends like Pretty Lady, who's lovely "Thank You" gifts, were such a sweet surprise. Looking forward to many new blessings this year, a new baby granddaughter, weddings, and moments to just be together as each day spent together is so meaningful! Hoping you treasure the moments you have together and that they are filled with blessings too!

Just wanted to share the verse that was
written on one of the towels,

Faith...
is being sure of
what you hope for and
certain of what
you do not see.

Hebrews 5:11


18 Comments:

At 4:05 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I loved hearing about your weekend! It sounds so nice!
Isn't that something about the wording on the Valentines? As you said, the wording had more of an innocent meaning sometimes back then.
Anyway, if I haven't said it before, let me just say that I so love visiting here...it is so warm and welcoming and cheerful.

Have a wonderful week filled with His blessings! :)

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Is that a new stove? It's beautiful! It's probably not new to you, but I just realized I haven't been home in 14 months! Miss you! Love u! Kisses!

 
At 6:32 AM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

I'm glad that you had a lovely weekend. Please extend my congratulations and best wishes to Duane and Maricel. May they have a special and meaningful wedding.

Thanks for sharing all those Valentine treasures.

Hope is such a beautiful thing to embrace in life. I believe that when you have hope, anything is possible.

 
At 11:51 AM, Blogger HORIZON said...

Brilliant surprise from Pretty Lady- l call her PL for short :) Glad the sock exchange went really well.
The Valentine's is great- more innocent times back then or were they?- :)
Must go and eat now- your soup has made my belly rumble- yummy!
Hope you are keeping well
Bests x

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hey Pamela! I laughed when I read that you said to say "hey" because that is how I greet people around here~and I'm the only one too so I don't know where I picked it up!

I'll keep praying that everything goes smoothly with Maricel! How cool that you two get to have such important jobs too ;o) I hope you will post pictures when the time arrives!

The towels are so pretty. I enlarged the pic so I could see them better. So pretty that I wouldn't want to use them. And did I spot some homemade candies? Yum!

Potato soup is one of my faves! I'm the type that could probably eat a bowl of some sort of soup everyday. I have a pretty good recipe myself, but it doesn't include shrimp which sounds even better! Pamela, you are making me hungry this morning!

BTW, how is your mouth and face, etc? I'm sorry I haven't asked.

We're expecting a bunch more snow tonight and tomorrow :o( I will think of you as I freeze, slip and slide ;o)

Love ya anyway!! Amy

 
At 3:16 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

What a fun gift to get in the mail!
All the old valentines have been fun to see.

I love potato soup...with shrimp alongside, yummy I bet! I made soup this weekend, in that same pot that you have!

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Mmmm, homemade soup! Isn't that just the most comforting food! Hope your mouth is feeling better after all that dental work?
Mimi's is one of our special favorites too! Don't you love their carrot muffins!!
How exciting that you have both a baby and a wedding to look forward to. Two of life's most special events!!
((hugs))

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

I always love hearing about your day ;)

Hope you have a wonderful week :)

 
At 6:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the Valentine's card.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At 6:59 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

It sounds like it was a fabulous weekend and that potato soup sounds wonderful!

Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

For those of you asking, my cheek and mouth surgery that I had back on January 11th is doing fine. The doctor told me it would take six weeks and I feel great! Thanks so much for asking! :)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

those are some pretty dishtowels, what a lovely thank-you gift you received!

Would you care to share your roasted potato soup? Sounds delicious!

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I love coming to your blog Pamela. You always lift my spirits and make me smile. There are a few weddings coming up in our little community here. How great that you and your husband get to participate. You must be excited.
The soup sounds delicious. I have a big pot of soup simmering on the stove now. It is a lentil-kielbasa soup. The recipe makes so much - we'll get more than one meal out of it too!!
Thank you for that verse.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I love the verse on those pretty towel. I'm glad you had such a lovely weekend! He's getting married at the end of May? Wow, I'm supposed to be getting married in the middle of May! If all goes according to plan...haha.

That soup sounds delicious and so do the shrimp skewers and fresh fruit. What I wouldn't give to live in Florida and enjoy some REAL fresh fruit right about now and not this "fresh" fruit they sell in stores here!

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger Michelle-ozark crafter said...

Wonderful post! Sounds like you had an awesome weekend. Blessings my friend!

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

You certainly do have some wonderful events to look forward to this year:-) Carmen is such a sweet lady and has a heart of gold, I just love her to bits!! The towels she sent you are just gorgeous...leave it to her to send a thank you gift! hehe Hugs xoxo

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

Ooh.your soup looks delicious and the Valentine's are so pretty!!! How exciting to have a wedding coming up! I'm glad to hear you had a great weekend!
Kelli

 
At 1:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like your "heart & bear" pointer. Very unique! :)

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home