Just The Two of Us: Some Pressing Issues
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Some Pressing Issues myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Some of the nostalgic Valentines I am sharing with you that used to belong to my Grandmother, are so unique in that when you pull down on the two front hearts it opens up 3-D style. Therefore, either on Valentines or the day before I will take pictures of the one or two that fan fold open or open up 3-D style. As these scans just don't do that type justice.

Thanks so much for your sweet comments regarding how Renee can encourage her labor to begin. I plan on calling her and sharing. I am sure she will get a kick out of them too, and I think we will be safe in sharing with her as they don't have a motorcycle, Linda! hehe! If Renee doesn't have the baby by the eleventh, they are going to induce her.

Dennis and I enjoyed eating out last tonight. We then agreed we had gone long enough without an iron. So, we stopped by Wally World, and being as the last iron I purchased came from a specialty store, I decided to go cheap. (nothing new there)

At the same time, in looking at all the irons that Wally World offered, I realized the most expensive one on the shelf was half price of the last one I had, so the Black and Decker got to ride in my cart and all the way home, wee, wee, wee says the little piggy!

Half price and very fancy! It beeps when you plug it in and a blue digital light lights up when it turns on, it shuts off three different ways and has a self-cleaning mode with a non-stick plate. I filled up the water and closed the little trap door so I won't have to worry about water sloshing all over the fabric I am ironing. Woohoo! Did I mention, I don't get out much, and I forgot how much fun it is to get something new! hehe! Of course, I am just playing.

Enjoyed watching American Idol. Always nice to see that a few of the contestants really can belt it out but for the most part...I had to suppress the desire to mute the TV or put earplugs in, as a measure of survival where others were concerned. lol

Now I am off to go put batteries in the new shower radio, which comes complete with an anti-fog mirror that our son Terry gave us. It will be interesting to see what type of quality it offers. I love the idea of being able to listen to tunes while showering; most anything would beat American Idol at this stage. Hopefully, I won't get zapped in the process as that would be sequitur.

So, it's just the two of us looking forward to pressing nice crisp pleats in our clothes with our new digital iron so that we look our best, and hoping you are ironing out some of the wrinkles in your life too!

25 Comments:

At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the photos of old Valentines. They're beautiful.
You have a lovely blog.

:-)

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I'm glad that I'm not the only one who gets totally excited about a new houseware purchase. My new coffee pot was talked about for weeks last year. I love the valentines. Too cute and so well preserved.

 
At 4:16 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

New toys are so fun! I love getting new toys! :) Wish I could watch american idol. Any show that comes on after 3pm usually just passes me by, since I have to work. I'm off tomorrow, so I'll meet you online! Love u!

 
At 5:51 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

I just love the vintage Valentines! These are darling and I wish I had some from my grandparents or parents...I just love things like that! :) That last one looks like WW2...so cute!

 
At 2:03 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Pamela,
I especially love the patriotic valentine! So unique!
I love getting new stuff for the house and garden too.
Your iron sounds wonderful, now if you could just train it to iron clothes while you blog!!
xoxo

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh the valentines are so precious! Let us know how the shower radio works.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Now if they can just invent an iron that those the ironing all by itself, then I'd be all set! lol You remind me of me...I get so excited about the most mundane thing too! hehe The Valentines are just all so precious..you are very lucky to have such sweet treasures from your grandma:-) Hugs xoxo

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hmmm...I goofed, I should learn to check what I've typed before hitting publish! lol I meant to type "an iron that DOES all the ironing by itself". xox

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I do my dead level best not to have to iron...but I'm proud you got a new one...mine would always go out on me the morning while getting ready for work...arrrg!!!
I missed AI...oh well, don't sound like I missed much...lol!!
:-D

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

Your vintage Valentine's are so pretty! Last nights American Idol was particulary painful...ouch!! LOL I'm looking foward to next week. Enjoy your new iron! :0)

Kelli

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I hope Renee can go into labor naturally and not have to be induced! Will be saying a prayer for her!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Okay, question for you...what is an iron...LOL! I've had the same one for 22 years now. It's still in its original box! I think I could count on one hand how many times I've used it. What? Once you sit down your clothes get all wrinkled anyway, right?!

I'm excited now for American Idol. I personally get tired of the bad acts. I hope this year is even better than last season!

I just saw where Anna Nicole Smith passed away. What a tradegy. So very sad for her baby. I wonder what happened.

Praying for Renee and getting excited to see pictures!!

Love, Amy

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Christina said...

The valentine is beautiful. I am always amazed at how beautiful these old things are. I sometimes wonder why we ever replaced them with new things that are not as pretty. Especially cards.

How cool that you got such a deal on an iron. I always love cheap stuff, especially cheap stuff that is not necessarily cheap but somehow ended up being cheap.

How exciting waiting for the baby. I hope it is soon and that all goes well. I will pray for Renee.

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I think what really puzzles me about Idol is that some of these people really believe they can sing?! Have they never recorded themselves?

And, parents lying and encouraging their kids to get up and humiliate themselves...seriously parents!!

But, I do enjoy it overall.

Enjoy your iron. Isn't it funny how these things can make our life a little happier!

Hugs to you and love those Valentines!

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Smalltown RN said...

Great layout Tammy....always pleasant coming to your blog...now be careful about that zapping in the shower....you will have to read my post on what happend to me this morning....240 volts....ouch!!! lucky to be here to tell you the story....

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

The iron is sitting there waiting for me to get to the clothes that are sitting there wrinkled. I don't have much that needs to be ironed, so it waits a long time between ironings!

 
At 1:25 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

That's why I'm sitting in front of the fireplace! I'm not one who likes to be cold!

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

I get excited about new appliance/kitchen type things too.

I'm ready for some "real" singing on American Idol!

 
At 2:32 AM, Blogger Linda said...

How exciting to know the little one will be here in a few days. I just love those old Valentines. I'll bet that cost a fraction of what we pay these days.
Good going on the iron. I am finding I have a lot more ironing to do these days. I think it's because when all the kids were home I just didn't have the time. I folded the clothes the best I could and didn't buy anything that couldn't be worn right out of the dryer. Now I even iron our jeans - something I never did when there were five of us.
Be careful of that shower "thingy" - sounds a little scarey to me :-)

 
At 2:50 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

p.s. - Tell your daughter and her hubby to come on out - my family would love to take them up on a ski outing - or hiking in the summertime!

 
At 6:24 AM, Blogger Merle said...

Hi again Pamela ~~ Glad you got a new iron, although these days not too many things require ironing. I love
your old Valentine cards.
Thank you for your visit and I am
glad that you enjoyed The Bell the
story of the blind horse. It was a good one. Also I liked the joke that you did, "Make it five" Funny one.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 8:11 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Those Valentines are so cute! I love them all. New toys are always fun, no matter if they're a part of a chore or not! =)

Sounds like ya'll will be getting a Valentine's baby, what a wonderful gift! I hope you enjoy your weekend!

 
At 10:25 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looking forward to see what's inside the card (and, yes, before I forget, Happy Valentines).


Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh, these Vintage Valentine's Day cards are beautiful! They sure don't make them like that anymore, do they? Thanks for sharing!

I hope you don't mind me mentioning that I'm hosting a Favorite Ingredients Friday- Valentine’s Day chocolate edition recipe exchange today. Feel free to stop by and take a peek at all the scrumptous chocolate recipes I've gotten thus far! :)

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

Ironing is such a big chore for me nowadays but I do love it when all get pressed up and neat..and I feel like I'm applying my love there for whoever wearing the clothes..my kids and their dad. Your new iron sounds lovely..it must be expensive here.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home