Just The Two of Us
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, October 16, 2006

Grab Bag Party Gift

Had a wonderful weekend full of all kinds of fun filled activities. Saturday, a friend of mine named Anne invited me to a Home Interior Party; She said it was alright if I brought a friend, so I brought my best friend, my wonderful Mom. Anne's home was all decked out in all kinds of beautiful little whatnots. I felt my knees grow weak almost the instant I walked in. Everywhere my eyes fell were lovely little whatnots calling my name! I felt my mind racing to Christmas and who would like what? I felt like a kid in a candy factory. What little sensibility or restraint I had was slowly ebbing away. So, I turned my attention on my Mom, and immediately tried to get her excited about some apple scented candles or sprays for her cute apple kitchen, I had posted pics of it in Fridays Five Ingredients recipe for Creme Puffs. A cute little Gingerbread pan caught her eye, as well.

Then came my turn, Yes, I ended up walking out with three huge bags of gifts plus a grab bag, where you drew a number and were surprised by whatever was in the grab bag. I reached i
n the bowl and drew a number 2, well, Anne said, "Oh , I don't want you to have 2, I want you to have something nicer". I smiled at her and drew an 8, she was delighted and sure I would like whatever was in the grab bag. So off we went hauling out enough to fill a small sled.

After having a bite to eat at our newly remodeled Golden Coral, which has been seriously up graded and was very impressive. We went furniture shopping for a new couch and love seat for my Mom. She recently had a large outside wall rebuilt that looked out onto her ever so peaceful, serene and beautiful lake. A lake that holds so many heartwarming memories for our family. She also ordered new carpeting, which was necessary due to some water leaking in with the dry-rot wall she had rebuilt. Mom walked out of both furniture stores with a much better idea of what was available and she was so sweet and appreciative that I helped her out...are you kidding, I was in heaven, and smiling from ear to ear!

We drove home to my house and I showed her my blog and a few of your blogs, she was so in awe and very intrigued with this new realm of friends I was becoming extremely fond of. Still, there was a bit of guarded skepticism. In time, I will win her over. lol

My sweet Dil, Renee, called and wanted to drop by for a visit with our sweet little
Gbaby Ben. We all had a wonderful time chatting, ogling over Ben, sharing loads of laughter over silly things like cooking...and why it might be advantageous for Renee to learn how to cook more...lol!!! My Mom gave Renee a bag full of darling baby clothes we had picked up at garage sales. We've always enjoyed garage sales! lol

Then it dawned on me that I needed to unwrap the grab bag, the curiosity was killing me. hehe! There were three boxes in the large bag so I had each of us open one box each...well, to my sheer delight, it was a three piece red, black, and yellow retro lamp candle holder, with a charming little retro girl dressed up with a black overflowing hat, and a votive holder that you slip in a jar. All were the colors of my Retro room, a guest room done up in the exact same colors red, black with just a hint of yellow here and there! Above is a pic of the old fashion soda table in the Retro room. Mom, Renee and I were all amazed! Anne couldn't of know, as she's never been to my house before. Pictured from left Jenna, Chrystal, and Danielle.

If you double click on the pic to the right you can see the three
darling items set up right in front.

Our little Gbaby has learned how to say bye-bye and wave, and he will put together words like bye bye, baby, ball...and waves, just like he is speaking a sentence filled with babbling words that don't mean anything and that we should all relate to, the gift to gab at 9 mo's!

So it's just the two of us, amazed at how perfect things can sometime turn out and hoping you grab a moment for yourselves just to breath in all that is amazing! :)

21 Comments:

At 2:38 AM, Blogger someone else said...

This was such a delightfully, sweet post. You left me smiling.

 
At 3:38 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Your weekend sounds like it was a busy one..but full of fun. The best kind of weekend there is! Your mom sounds a mixture of my mom & I; my mom adores apples & has an apple kitchen as well, and gingerbread are my favorite holiday decorations..even though I don't eat them. Molasses + me don't get along ;)

The candle holders are so cute and I absolutely LOVE your retro room. Hopefully someday I can have a themed room in my house. Lovely post, you sure know how to keep people smiling! =)

 
At 3:59 AM, Blogger Rae said...

His name is Ryan..I think you might've guessed right ;) We aren't "officially" engaged, I guess just "pre-engaged" until he can afford my dream ring, which I told him was unnecessary, but men will be men! =) We were planning for a May 07 wedding, but if he doesn't hurry up with the "official" ring it might have to wait a while longer..ugh, boys! haha

Thanks for your lovely comment! =)

 
At 7:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pamela, Glad you had a nice time with some nice goodies. It is great being a grandma, the best thing in the world. Thanks for your comments, glad you liked the bucket
story/ Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger Zanne said...

My husband severely dislikes nick-nacks... anything unusable and impractical is defined as 'toot' (sounds like the word put with a T!!!)a home interior party would be so much fun for me, but the though of me going to one would scare the hubby!!!lol
Sounds as though you has a great weekend, hope the week is as much fun.
God bless you, thanks for popping by at my place, you are always welcome

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Fun to hear about your day to day lives on paper when I've already talked to you on the phone about them! I can't believe benjamin is talking already! What a smarty pants!

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Donnetta said...

Whew... what a busy weekend! Sounds like a great one though.. I'm glad for you!

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger Amy said...

What fun you had! I love going to parties, especially when I get a little prize! Love the retro room! We are trying to do our basement in the same theme! Thank you, Pamela, for your prayers and encouraging words this weekend!!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I haven't been to one of those parties in ages. I am like you, a kid in a candy store! It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. Glad I popped on over!

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Pamela, thanks for the comment on my blog, do you mind if I add you to my links? let me know!

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Pamela,
One of the my dearest friends used to sell Home Interior. I attended and hosted many a party way back in the 80's. I haven't even heard of any out in this area for years! Glad you had such a fun time!!

 
At 7:35 PM, Blogger HORIZON said...

Wow- now that's what l call a day of adventures and enjoyment!
Thank you for the kind birthday wishes on my blog
Bests for now

 
At 7:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for asking about us yesterday. All is well here in Hawaii.

I went to a Home Interiors party and was the same way, wanting all the nice goodies. They have some awesome products.

The retro look is so neat. I'm so glad stuff like this is comning.

Talking at 9 months, isn't that awesome. I love this age. It is even more fun to do it again as grandma isn't it?

 
At 7:55 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful weekend; and what a great grab-bag you walked away with!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Linda said...

One of those wonderful days. Thanks for taking us along with you. I love little "whatnots" (except when I have to dust them all). I like to think the Lord is interested in everything about us - even retro room decor :-)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

You had all that fun and didn't invite me???? Well!!!! hehe Sounds like you had a fabulous time with your mom...how very neat to win those prizes that go so perfectly with your retro room! Love it! I also love furniture shopping, even if it's not for me! lol Hugs xox

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

What a fun week-end! I spent the whole time down in my back from a freak movement I must have made, picking up toys! I'm finally better tonight.

I used to go to Home Interior parties, but can't because of my perfume allergy. Everything is perfumed!

 
At 4:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so great that you got something that you could use. The retro room is great, by the way. Makes me wonder what the rest of your house looks like.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Lori said...

How nice! It sounds like you had a great time.

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

You have such a fun Retro Room:) And it's sounds like such a fun party to go to. Glad you had fun:)

 
At 1:48 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I used to go to Home Interior parties a lot and had a lot of their things in my home. I haven't been in ages. But my goodness, you sure lucked out. That grab bag ended up being perfect for your retro room.

The girls are so pretty. All three of them. And yes, I love the babbling that comes out of a nine month old baby's mouth. I understand every single word. Don't you? :-)

Your cheery spirit is such a delight.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home