Just The Two of Us: A Lovely Fall Wedding!
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

A Lovely Fall Wedding! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


Yesterday, I mentioned that just the two of us were looking forward to going to Matt and Heather's wedding. It was a lovely wedding! The weather was very accommodating reaching 85 degrees, for a high. It was a small, intimately romantic wedding. Heather was a beautiful bride her gown was strapless white organza, trimmed with a red belt and red cascading ribbons down her back, her bridal veil was also trimmed in red very striking! They both made such a cute couple.

The Pastor that married them, was from our neighborhood and friends, Derek and Rebbecca, so we sat with them and their 22 year old daughter, Naomi, who was accompanied by her 25 year old boyfriend, Craig, and every now and then their wonderful outgoing son Andrew would join us, as well. Derek, also writes for our local news paper; we have enjoyed reading his column for years, so we were in good company! They were fascinated that I was blogging, me and my big mouth. lol

The ceremony was beautiful and went off without a hitch. Afterwards, the guest went inside where everything was decorated in red, and white. Ivy covered in white twinkle lights was strung across the breath of the ceiling, arches, floral arrangements, and the four columns that encased the dance floor.

The DJ immediately started a little game to get everyone in the mood, while the wedding party were outside taking pictures. It was fascinating to me...really, that anyone was capable of doing this game. He would play a song backwards and as soon as someone could name that tune, wallah they won! Well, Craig, from our table, was the first to answer correctly, so our table got to go to the buffet directly after the head table and the parents table. Very cool! They served three different pasta dishes and salads, very tasty!

Here are Heather and Craig, we had so much fun with them...could wedding bells be in the future!!! :)

After everyone ate, we did lots of dancing.

Fun dances like the Chicken dance. The Hoke poke, you know, all the silly dances.



Here is our Son, Kevin and our Dil, Renee dancing and enjoying the wedding.












Here is our grand baby little Ben, sound asleep and dancing with Jane.
She is so sweet.



Here is Matt taking off Heather's garter belt.













Pictured right, Dennis and Pamela. Pictured below, Renee, Kevin, Dennis and Pamela. Renee is 5 months pregnant and due in February.





So, it's just the two of us thrilled that we won the dance contest for the couple ~ married the longest! lol 27 years! Upon winning, I was given the microphone and asked to give our young married couple a little successful happily married advice. Here we are pictured at the right wishing you a love that endures! We felt so blessed out on that dance floor!

18 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Aww, lovely pictures! You looked beautiful and the bride did as well! I love the red touch, which is surprising to me..I usually don't like red on wedding dresses! It looks & sounds like it was wonderful, I'm glad you had a great time. I love weddings and unfortunately since most of my family lives up North here, we never have any Fall weddings due to not knowing when it's going to snow or not..which it is right now! First snowfall of 2006..I wish I could move back down South ;)

Have a great Wednesday! =)

 
At 1:02 PM, Blogger rena said...

Lovely pictures. Glad you enjoyed the special day.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Zanne said...

just visiting from Belgium! great to read about your family, loved reading about the first delivery...will pop by again soon God bless you.
Zanne

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

It is so nice to hear you had a lovely time, I think I told you how much I love weddings and yes it is because the games and the participation of family and friends, and the nice outfits everyone gets to wear, You all looked great! Congratulations to the newlyweds!

 
At 3:54 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Interesting use of red. Especially on the veil. Really nice. Outdoor weddings are a gamble any time of the year up here. Too much pressure adding worrying about the weather on top of all the details that you CAN control.

 
At 5:06 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Pamela! thanks for stopping by on my blog, great to read yours and what a wonderful wedding day, I love red - gorgeous!

Well done for winning the dance contest, take care and stop by again!

Helen x.

 
At 5:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful day. The bride and groom look so happy. How much fun you must of had. This game the DJ played did sounds like it was a blast. How cool that your table won and got to go up to the buffet first. That sound's like the kind of game that I would like. People come up with the most awesome stuff. I wish for the bride and groom many happy years.

Thanks for praying for baby Kai'lie, I really appreciate it. I really love reading your blog and am glad to find a new friend out there in blogland. Thank you so much.

 
At 5:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really enjoy reading your story !

Love,
Wendy Ihm

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger Mall Worker said...

Those re just some lovely pictures! I love the one of your grandbaby! I'm glad you guys had a lovely time!

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Beautiful photos. I love weddings like this where they do all the traditional dances and things. And I really like the way she trimmed her wedding gown and veil with the red. Really really pretty.

I love weddings so much I could go to one every week. I'm so looking forward to our daughter's wedding next June.

 
At 7:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How lovely! A beautiful wedding. I am so glad you were able to go.

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun at the wedding. The photos are great! BTW, your sidebar has ended up at the bottom again. Sorry. :o(

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Pamela,
What a lovely day you've shared with all of us! I always cry at weddings, sniff sniff!
You and your hubby are just the cutest ever couple! I can see the love you share just shining on your faces.
Touching post!!

 
At 11:50 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What a beatiful wedding! You looked so pretty too:) Wow married 27 years... That is GREAT.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Linda said...

I love weddings. Congratulations on winning the dance contest. It sounds like you all thoroughly enjoyed yourselves. The pictures are great. One of these days I'm going to be able to do that!

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I love weddings:-) I so enjoyed hearing about this one and I do with the new couple all the best life has to offer!! I loved all the pictures and great to see such a recent one of you and hubby:-) Love it!! I thought the white and red theme at the wedding was so gorgeous...very striking! Hugs xox

 
At 3:22 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

That was a beautiful wedding and you look gorgeous! I love to dance but don't get the chance very often. God Bless!

 
At 10:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely wedding and it looks like you all enjoyed yourselves. That wedding dress reminds me a little of my sister's.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home