Just The Two of Us: Dad Gets a Hole-in-One!
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Thursday, October 05, 2006

Dad Gets a Hole-in-One! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

ImageChef.com - Create custom images
Just the two of us called the folks who live in Wisconsin. Dennis' Dad was excited because, get this, he being an avid golfer and living on a beautiful golf course got his first hole-in-one, on number 5. They live on hole number 4. Can you imagine his enthusiasm at achieving what every golfer dreams of doing. It was a par 3, 148 yard; he teed off with a six iron, it took two bounces and wallah, it went in the hole!!!

This picture above, was taken last year at a course that Dennis' Dad volunteers at, while they are Snow birds, and live here in the Tampa Bay area in the winter time and Wisconsin in the summer months. Pictured is my wonderful Mil, Fil, and my wonderful hubby tending the pin. Folks, you see that itty bitty hill behind them...that is as big as any hill gets here in Central Florida...sad isn't it!

Traditionally, any golfer who gets a hole-in-one must buy a round of drinks for everyone in the Clubhouse. Never the less, Dad reads my blog everyday so we are so excited for you Dad, Congratulations!!! Big Hug n' Kisses! Muah!

'myspace
The picture just above here, with the pine trees was taken yesterday, the day Dad got his hole-in-one in Wisconsin, by the way he also got two eagles this week, on top of it all!

'myspace
Today, I am taking a little time off from my normal everyday routine to do a little Shopping!!! I absolutely love to bargain shop. We have a brand new store opening up here in the Tampa Bay area. Today is the Grand Opening!

I was so excited when I got this card pictured on the right, in the mail yesterday. This just made it that much easier to go check out this new store called Kohl's! Just need to put my elbow pads on for the crowds. lol

After my little shopping excursion, just the two of us are going to finish painting the two bedrooms at the rental property. We are shooting to finish up everything towards the end of the month, just in time for the holidays, Sue. lol

We still need to reset the double vanity in the master bdrm, that they stood on and broke, replace light switches they broke, repair door molding/trim they ripped off (can you believe it) replace a toilet they cracked, and order new carpet. whoohoo! When it's all said and done we will have an after the remodeling party!!!

So, it's just the two of us hoping the ball bounces just right for you, so you can celebrate life's little victories, as well.

15 Comments:

At 5:26 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Way to go granpa!!!! I'm so proud of you!

You have to be really picky at Kohls. They can be really expensive if you don't shop hard for the good deals!

 
At 12:39 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Congratulations to your Father-in-law. The men in my family all love to golf too but no holes in one yet!
We have Kohl's here, and they have the best sales. There day after Thanksgiving sale is unbelievable (or so I'm told). You have to get up at about 5 a.m. to be first there as the door open super early for the best bargains.
I'm glad you're beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel with all the "fixin' up". It's hard to imagine how they could do so much damage.
Okay,okay - so your pictures are a thousand times better than mine :-) I still can't figure out how to get more than one in a post!! Ah well...I keep trying.
Have a wonderful weekend. I'll be gone a couple of days. We're off to visit the kids and grandkids in Houston.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I love Kohls!! They have amazing sales a few times a year. Enjoy your shopping;)

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

WTG on the hole-in-one! How exciting!

What's even more exciting is the Kohl's opening up near you! LOL Wish we had one near us; my mom always finds the best deals there. Have fun shopping!

 
At 1:59 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love Florida, beaches are beautiful, I love shopping in Florida, always bring back home lots and lots of unique beach stuff. Kohls is a great store and always great deals, you will love it, Enjoy your shopping, and congratulations to your father in law, That's another reason I love Florida, Golf courses.

 
At 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ~ Congratulations to your
Father-in-law. Well done. Thanks for your comments on my blog. I am glad you enjoy my jokes. I hope you got some argains at the new shop.
Take care, Hugs, Merle.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Congrats to your FIL!
We have Kohls here all around the bay area. They have some wonderful deals if you watch for sales and use their coupons.

 
At 10:18 PM, Blogger TJ said...

A hole-in-one is my Hubby's dream...he has Eagled but this would really make his day!!
Congrats to your Dad!!
Kohl's is a great place!!
:-D

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wow what an accomplishment for your FIL for sure!!!Congrats to him!! I've never golfed in my life but I do know what a hole in one is! lol Not too sure about an eagle though? Did you survive the mad rush at that new store opening???? Curious to hear if you found any good bargains! hehe Still a lot of work to do on the rental but you certainly are getting there:-) Hugs xox

 
At 12:03 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

I was very impressed with Kohls. It was really nice. Everytime I turned around I'd see 3o% - 40% off signs! All the jewlery was 60% off! Very nice quality merchandise for very reasonable prices! It was bumper to bumper people. They were running like 20 registers at a time so it was crazy! Got Dennis some beautiful new dress shoes, a few Halloween gifts, and some pretty eyeshadow with just a hint of glitter, in a plum shade. :)

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Kohls, ooo! We've had Kohls up around here forever, it's the one store we actually DO have, none of my personal favorites, sadly. Another reason I'm aching to go back down South ;) I hope you had fun shopping & picked up a bunch of cute things!

Good luck on all the fixing up, I hope it goes smoothly. I can't believe they ruined that many things! That's horrible. My grandparents used to have a condo they would rent out and they had some tenants that were very irresponsible. I just wish it wouldn't have all had to come out of their pockets to fix! So good luck to you all on getting that done! =)

Thanks for the ending line as well, that perked up my day. I haven't been my usual optimistic self today for some reason, and that made me realize all of my blessings. Thanks for being so sweet. =)

 
At 11:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pamela, Thanks for your comments about the Blind boy poem.
It is a lovely piece and gives us a reminder to really SEE what a great
and wonderful world we have.
Take care, my friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 5:34 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Kohl's is one of my favorite stores. Besides good stuff and good prices, they have good sales and on some Wednesdays, if you're old enough (we are), you get another 15% off! The only thing better than getting that deal would be if they would "card" me to prove I am old enough. Ha!

Thank you for stopping by this week at the memorial for my FIL. I am trying to get caught up now. It has been an exhausting week.

 
At 7:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to go!!! I bet he was excited!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Wow! My husband is such an avid golfer. I so hope someday I get to see him do this. He's think he'd died and gone to Heaven!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home