Just The Two of Us: Christians Are Like Pumpkins
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Christians Are Like Pumpkins myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Too good not to share~

Being a Christian is like being a pumpkin. God lifts you up, takes you in, and washes all the dirt off of you. He opens you up, touches you deep inside and scoops out all the yucky stuff– including the seeds of doubt, hate, greed, etc. Then He carves you a new smiling face and puts His light inside you to shine for all the world to see. This was passed on to me from another pumpkin. Now, it is your turn to pass it to a pumpkin. I liked this enough to send it to all the pumpkins in my patch for the month of October!

The weather is gorgeous this time of year here in Florida. Even though it climbed up to 90 degrees today, the humidity is all but gone leaving a crisp, cool, refreshing air that just rejuvenates the soul.

Slowly but surely the rental property is coming around. Cleaned all the appliances, the bathrooms, the fireplace. Was relieved to get rid of a lot of the items that the Frog Family had abandoned and that we had placed out on the back enclosed patio. We painted the great room with it's high ceilings. The only part that gave us some trouble was painting a single cocoa brown wall. The wall just sucked up the paint and it was amazing. I painted that wall three times before it finally looked descent.

My son Terrence surprised me with breakfast again this morning. He is so sweet and thoughtful. He is a Meat Cutter at Publix grocery store and so I always enjoy going over and getting personal service. He is very good at his job and I am in awe over how knowledgeable he has gotten in his career.

So, it's just the two of us relishing all the painting we have done and that as soon as the bedrooms are painted, we can order the new carpeting. Hope you enjoyed the little bit about Pumpkins being like Christians and if you did, let your little light shine and feel free to pass it on!

19 Comments:

At 4:20 AM, Blogger rena said...

First, like the new background..very fallish...my favorite time of year.
And secondly, never thought of a Christian being like a pumpkin, but yeah....you know...it's so true! Enjoyed the analogy...I'm a pumpkin, you're a pumkin, we be pumpkin two...sorry, couldn't resist.

Blessings

Rena

 
At 4:38 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Pumpkin...I'm big fat and round... but at least I'm loved :) Cute analogy, Love you

 
At 10:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just stopping by to let you know I finished my homework. Stop by and take a peek.

 
At 10:28 AM, Blogger Lori said...

This was a very nice post.

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Chrystal, and Trisha, I loved your meme's! Thanks so much for sharing!

Chrystal is my daughter, and Trisha is an American friend married and living in Japan. Check out there meme's by clicking on their names above! :)

 
At 2:02 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Great post about the pumpkin. I love the way you praise your son in such a sweet manner. Even as they grow up that is still important.

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Nice analogy with the pumpkins.

Painting? Oh yeah. We've painted quite a few walls with color over the years and it takes more paint than you realize to cover it well.

 
At 2:45 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

We have a children's book that tells that pumkin story. We read it to our kids every year before we carve pumkins... I love it:) Glad your rental place is coming a long:)

 
At 2:49 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I absolutely wish a new smiling face and his light inside me. Thank you. It did touch me.

 
At 4:16 PM, Blogger Linda said...

What a great analogy. I'll look at pumpkins differently from now on.
Glad the work is almost finished. I can just imagine everything smelling and looking clean and fres.
Great job Pamela.

 
At 6:32 PM, Blogger Trista @ Trista Ree Creates said...

I never thought of a pumpkin that way, but that is a great analogy. Sounds like the rental is coming along great.

 
At 6:56 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

What a wonderful analogy...I copied it down to keep:-) Glad to hear you're almost all done with the rental house...I'm sure there are other things you'd rather be doing:-) Hugs!

 
At 7:43 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I really liked the analogy with the pumpkins and Christians! Thanks for sharing!

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I'll echo the others with the great analogy! Loved your fall photos as well. I'm sure you'll be more than glad to get that rental work done. After all, the holidays will be here before we know it!!

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger TJ said...

glad to be in the pumpkin patch!!
:-D

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Very sweet analogy. I enjoyed it. And my goodness, that Frog family must have just about destroyed that place, all the work you've had to do. I can't believe you're still working on it. I'm sure you'll be glad when it's done and rented out to some nice new people who will take care of it.

 
At 2:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the new background! I also love the pumpkin story! i never get tired of seeiong it. It is awesome!

 
At 3:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The picture is awesome. I miss fall so much. I guess you can create it anywhere as seen by this picture.

What a nice story about the pumpkin. I will definitely pass it on.

 
At 3:10 AM, Blogger Rae said...

You are very sweet! Thanks for the concern =) Moving is going good..right now I'm left sorting out most of the stuff I've packed due to limited storage space when I was told there was way more than what I have, so that sucks.. but at least my mom is being helpful and letting me store my extra stuff at her place.

Thank you for the compliment as well, I tried my hardest and I have a tough time choosing. I'm notorious for that, which is why my close family members usually recieve 4 cards on their birthdays..because I can't choose which I like best! ;)

I love the pumpkin being like a Christian thing, it's very cute..and true! I'm passing it on VIA email to a few special people.

Glad to hear everything is going well with the rental place. Kind of strange..but my mom & I just painted her living room walls a cocoa-like brown. I absolutely love the color, it looks amazing. Take care of yourself and I'll be back soon! =)

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home