Just The Two of Us: Sharing Gifts of the Heart
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Thursday, October 12, 2006

Sharing Gifts of the Heart myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Sending our Nephew, Wilson, a big "Happy Birthday"! Wilson, is 4 years old today! His parents are our brother Jerry and our Sister-in-law, Wendy, on my hubby's side. They live in Wisconsin and own their own Ben Franklin store. Wendy is from Singapore and just the two of us love them so much. She is an amazing sister. First of all because she puts up with Jerry, no, just kidding. Seriously, she has only been in the United States for less than 6 years and Jerry and she have only been married five years. She speaks fluent English and is just the most wonderful upbeat and positive person. She runs a really tight ship and whenever we try to buy anything at their store she practically gives it to you with all her discounts and little freebies. lol Thanks Wendy!

A couple of years ago my MIL and FIL got the thrill of a life time when they got to go to Singapore and stay with Wendy's parents for three weeks. One of my favorite stories was from my FIL, he woke up their first morning having slept through the night. Wendy's folks asked Dad if he would like some porridge, Dad thought hum, Oatmeal sounds good. The porridge resembled soup, more or less and had a fish with his eyeball looking up at him. This is just so funny to me, cause really, we just get used to what we grow up with and even though this is normal in Singapore is just isn't the norm here in the USA. lol The folks loved every single minute of their visit. They said that Wendy's family treated them like royalty! Singapore was extremely clean and modern. They loved the Botanical Gardens. They said that anytime they would go and visit any of Wendy's friends or family they were served food, as is customary to make your guest feel welcome with food. They are a very giving people, so thoughtful and kind.
Jerry is very blessed to have a lovely wife like Wendy and beautiful little birthday boy Wilson! We love you guys!
Magi, a blog friend over at Kaffee Klatsch created this cute button and is starting something she is calling "Sharing Gifts from the Heart". She would love it if you would join her in sharing home made gift ideas you make and give to friends and family at the holidays, preferably with regard to gifts of food. So click on the link at my sidebar or up above, in this post to get all the details. It starts on November 06, 2006, so there is plenty of time to prepare, and it will be fun to get new homemade gift giving ideas.

So, it's just the two of us thrilled that our little Nephew Wilson is a big boy "4 years old today", and that as the holidays near we can look forward to Sharing Gifts from the Heart with all of our blog friends!

14 Comments:

At 4:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday wished to your nephew. Thanks for youayers for my baby

 
At 4:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pamela. ~ I hope your nephew had a lovely day. Loved the wedding photos. Thanks for your comments on
the Apron story. Glad you liked it and some of the jokes. Take care, Hugs,
Merle.

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger HLiza said...

Hi Pamela...thanks for coming to my blog. I had just came here and already fell in love with yours! You have such a lovely blog complete with lovely posts! Singapore is just 6 hour-drive from my place and the culture is very much the same here.. we eat around the clock. If you feel hungry in the middle of the night, you can just go out and find food at nearby stalls.. and it's our Asian culture that any guess must eat something from our house! If you refuse, we'll get offended!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I'm laughing my head off, Pamela. It would be difficult at any time of the day to see a fish floating in my soup, but first thing in the morning? No way!

Isn't it ironic how different our cultures can be and yet, all over the world, we all make people feel welcome by offering them food. I do. I always have.

How blessed your family was to get to spend three weeks in Singapore.

And happy birthday to that little three year old nephew - three is big!

 
At 3:58 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Happy birthday to Wilson! And by the way, You have been tagged by me!!! if you wish and if you have the time.

 
At 4:01 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Just got a message from Jerry and Wendy and our sweet little nephew Wilson and I stand corrected!

Wilson is four years old today!

Wow! Where does time go! *smile*

Happy 4th Birthday Wilson, Auntie Pamela and Uncle Dennis love you!!!

 
At 4:46 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Pamela - Music too!!!! Your blog is so creative. I love it.
I think your sister-in-law sounds lovely. I admire her hard work.
I don't know what I would have done about that eyeball. Yuck!! Did he eat the stuff?
Eyeballs aside, it must have been a wonderful trip.
Happy Birthday to your little nephew.

 
At 5:48 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

His birthday is right before our little Kiera's she will be 5 tomorrow:) The story of the porridge is so funny. I think I would have to throw up that early to find something like that in my bowl:)

 
At 8:42 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Gifts from the Heart sounds like such a nice idea! I wish I could participate, but ummm...I'm not very good at homemade things! LOL

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Happy Birthday to Wilson, and thank you for helping to spread the word about Gifts from the Heart. I think it's going to be fun!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Wilson. His parents sound like awesome people. It's so nice to be able to share a little in someone else's culture. The soup story was hysterical. I thought porridge was oatmeal also.

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Pamela, Thanks always for your encouraging words and prayers! LOVE the fish eye story ;o) I lol big time! Yuck! Happy Birthday Wilson! I have 30 nieces and nephews and love them all SO much! Also, the wedding you went to the other day was just beautiful...I loved her dress! Blog to you in a few days!!

 
At 11:11 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Happy Birthday to Wilson:-) Hope he had a FUN day!! I'm still chuckling at the thought of having a fish staring out at me first thing in the morning!! I would have went running to the washroom! lol Sounds like they had a lovely time, though, and just seeing how other cultures live is great fun.

 
At 11:45 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Happy Birthday William from Michigan.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home