Just The Two of Us: Tunneling Threw The Medical Maze
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Tunneling Threw The Medical Maze myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


In just as much as I turn around, I realized I may be caught in a "maze", if I don't be careful. So as, to prevent things from sneaking up on me, I need to get all organized.

Now a days, anymore, when you call up to make an appointment, you might be looking at a 4 - 6 week window. They want a 24 hour cancellation notice. If you should miss, you may be looking at a $25.00 rescheduling fee. However, when the doctor cancels, they don't offer to pay you for your inconvenience. lol

The phone rang today; the Endodontic's office reminded me I have another appointment today. Dennis has a another doctor's appointment this week too. It's all good , it's just that it kind of snuck up on me.

I don't know if any of you have heard but the Tampa Bay area is a test pilot for Wally world's new $4.00 prescription program. It was announced about 2 weeks ago on the local news and in the papers that the massive chain store was using this area to test their new $4.00 prescription pilot program. There was a mad rush to take advantage of the program. You aren't even required to have medical insurance, however, the medication must be listed on their approved list.

This can be a substantial savings even if only two of your six prescriptions are on the list. Within, 24 hours the local Target jumped aboard and offered the same $4.00 price for prescriptions. I am so curious to see if this program will hold up. If not, will the little independent pharmacies be able to survive. Is this just a ploy to run the little guy out of business. I hope not, cause that would be kind of sneaky.

Then I can't help but wonder what in the heck is the mark-up on these prescriptions...Is that why we are seeing an E* store, or a W* store, on every corner and look at who they are taking advantage of. If Wally World can offer prescriptions at such unbelievable prices why can't our Country do something about our medical crisis. We should be able get our prescriptions at an affordable price, whether that be here in the US or in Canada, if it is more economical.

I realized, I still need to get another wedding gift for Heather and Matts wedding next week, and I haven't even decided on what we are going to wear.
I love weddings, so at least we are getting the icky stuff out of the way first. lol

So, it is just the two of us romping around like two big cuddly Panda Bears, and hoping you figure your way through the maze so you can enjoy a fun filled healthy life.

8 Comments:

At 4:22 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Yea, I agree, if they cancel they should have to pay us!! But at least you don't need a doctor cause you can't remember appointments! You are a grandma after all! Jk, Thanks for coming to see me on my blog, love you!

 
At 2:00 PM, Blogger someone else said...

My father-in-law once had to wait so long at the doctor's office that when the bill came, he figured out how much his time was worth and deducted it from the doctor bill. He told them since he had wasted all of his time to wait to see the doctor for 10 minutes, that they owed him something for his time. I think they bought it.

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Our HMO doesn't charge for cancelled appointments, but they do charge for no shows (after the first)
I had read about the 4.00 prescription charge at WalMart. Interesting that Target is also now on board! We pay $10.00 for 100 days supply of any medication with our drug plan, so maybe they're trying to compete with some HMO's???

 
At 4:40 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Great post, and I agree 100% with everything you've said. I don't know what's going on with the world, but it works in very tricky ways. I'm lucky that I don't have to pay for any prescriptions right now, but I'm not looking forward to the day that I have to! I love the sound of a wedding right now, the next one I'm attending (that I know of) is next May. I hope you have tons of fun! =)

 
At 5:21 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Wow $4 scrips...that would be awesome...shows what a rip-off the drug companies are giving us...I just don't see how this will play out...Interesting Post!

 
At 8:22 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I Wish I had some answers on all of this stuff. It does seem like they are charging much more than they need to for drugs. We are blessed in that my husband's diabetes is service-related, so all of his meds are covered by the VA. I don't know how we would survive otherwise.
Ah - the wedding will be wonderful. Finding the right dress could be a challenge. My daughter has been looking for a dress for a friend's wedding for weeks. She's having a hard time just finding dress let alone one she likes. I think we just don't dress up much any more.

 
At 8:43 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love going to weddings, too. I am sure you will look fabulous. Have tons of fun. And I am not sure I understand about the $4 prescription, so no comments on that. I agree with you about the waiting and the $25 charge if you cancel, it happened to me but luckily, I argued and I win. yipee!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

We have medical insurance through my husband's work and we only have to pay .35 cents a prescription. I feel sorry for those who don't have the drug plan because it's insane how much medication costs! I always say you can't afford to be sick these days!! Good luck at your appointments and having a wedding to look forward to is so much fun:-) Hugs xox

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home