Just The Two of Us: It's Five Ingredient's Friday Recipe Exchange
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Friday, September 08, 2006

It's Five Ingredient's Friday Recipe Exchange myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Cream Puffs

These Cream Puffs are great for filling with your favorite
chicken salad, ham salad, or if you prefer pudding of your choice. They
are a real crowd pleaser and I like them best because,
they form a small whole for the filling and they make wonderful finger sandwiches!



Five Ingredients:
  • 1/2 C butter
  • 1 C flour
  • 4 C boiling water
  • 4 unbeaten eggs
  • filling of your choice
Preparation:

In a medium size pot, bring water and butter to a rapid boil, add flour all at once, mix thoroughly, remove from heat; add one egg at a time, stir well between each addition, drop by spoonfuls no bigger thn a golf ball size, (important to keep small) on greased cookie sheet. dampen you finger tip to smooth peaks. Bake at 400 degrees for 30 - 35 minutes.

Sending out a big *thank you* to Overwhelmed With Joy for letting me participate in her Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange that she is hosting. Click on the link to get more great recipes.



My wonderful Mom and I had so much fun making these cream puffs together in her cute apple kitchen. I thought I would share some pics. Even though she did close her I eyes I love that she let me take her picture. :)

So it's Just the two of us hoping you fill your Cream Puffs with whatever delights your fancy!


18 Comments:

At 4:02 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Your Mom's kitchen is too cute! How lucky you were to be able to make such a yummy recipe with your Mom...

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

How cool, not only do I get a fabulous recipe but I also get pictures! Very nice! Thanks for sharing.

Oh, and I've just published my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange post. I've just added your recipe on my list so that you get first billing. :)

Please help spread the word to others! :)

 
At 9:48 AM, Blogger Lori said...

These sound wonderful!! Love the added touch, the wonderful pictures!! Thanks for sharing.

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Me again, I just had to come back and tell you how I love your mom's kitchen and how sweet that little table is all set up where you and your mom ate. How neat!

 
At 12:09 PM, Blogger Beck said...

What a cute kitchen! And it's been forever since I made cream puffs - what fun!

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

The pictures are great. I've never made cream puffs, yet I love them. I'll have to give this a shot.

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I didn't know making cream puffs were so easy! Thanks!

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Yuuummmmmmm..........she said while wiping the drool off her chin! I have a shrimp dip that would be most excellent inside those.

 
At 3:04 PM, Blogger Mall Worker said...

Your mom's kitchen is just beautiful! That sounds like a great recipe!

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just like Michelle, I had no idea cream puffs were so easy to make! Thanks for the recipe!

 
At 5:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh Pamela, just the other day I was craving these and didn't have a recipe to make them. This is perfect...thanks for sharing :)

Mine is up as well :)

 
At 7:08 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

That is so cute, the kitchen and I LOVE cream puffs. Another winner for the holidays that are quickly approaching. Thanks bunches!!

 
At 7:26 PM, Blogger Linda said...

We were just talking about cream puffs the other day. My mother's cousin makes dozens of cream puffs every year to celebrate her husband's release from a Prisoner Of War camp after WWII. He was part of that horrific Batan March and imprisoned by the Japanese for years. When he was asked what he wanted when he got home he said "Cream Puffs" - and so the tradition began.

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Rae said...

My mom has an apple kitchen too, she'd LOVE your mom's kitchen! It's so cute! I'm planning on having an apple kitchen as well..when I finally get my own kitchen!

I love cream puffs, thanks for the easy recipe! =)

 
At 12:39 AM, Blogger Darlene Schacht said...

Just passing through to add you to the CWO blog ring. Welcome aboard.

Those cream puffs look good.

 
At 12:59 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I think you have my husband figured out! Just right.

My sister has an apple kitchen, too. She's a teacher and her apple collection just grows and grows every year.

My mother-in-law makes great cream puffs. I need to try them.

Hey, you should link yesterday's embarrassing moment on my daughter's blog - she's trying to get links to embarrassing moment confessions. Go to http://kristenssocalledlife.blogspot.com/2006/09/whats-your-most-embarassing-moment.html and link up. It'll be fun!

 
At 2:13 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I just had to stop back and ask... in that first picture of the kitchen, do you happen to know where your mom got those placemats or what looks to be a framed apple print..maybe cross-stitched? And in the 2nd pic.. those ultra cute apple ceramic flour + sugar containers? My mom would absolutely LOVE them and I'm trying to come up with ideas for Christmas =)

 
At 10:20 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Larae, I bought her the place mats at Country Kitchen restaurant. The canisters came from Kirklands, but they don't carry them anymore.

Here is an incredible website that has a lot of apple decor such as an apple plate rack, a country braided rug, apple basket clock (all under $14.99): www.collectionsetc.com I have used the site and they are great, they even have apple chair covers. Most items are listed under country themes.

Hope this helps! Talk to you later!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home