Just The Two of Us: Playing The Name Game
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, August 28, 2006

Playing The Name Game myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Just The Two of Us

Barb, over at A Chelsea Morning brought up the fact that there are a lot of unique and interesting blog names. She is asking everyone to explain why they chose their blog name and to elaborate if it has any hidden meaning in it.

Having started my blog just a few weeks ago this month, and being very new to this, I really wanted to have a cute catchy name that would be reflect what it was that I was blogging about. So in my profile, I explain that now that our three kids are on their own it is just the two of us watching their lives unfold.

My hubby and I often feel like we are kids again now that it is just the two of us. We are indeed surprised to find how wonderful this time in our lives are. I mean my life was so centered around my kids and my family that I was apprehensive to say the least...but it's great! We are always saying how much fun it is to be able to plan a little get away or do something we probably never would have thought about doing when the kids were home. We absolutely love reflecting back on the good times of our life as a family, as well as, watching our kids lives blossom and unfold, whether its good or bad, the kids always make us proud, and, makes us feel in our hearts that we did something right. Maybe someday , I will learn how to tuck the song "just the two of us ", into my blog so I can show a little of that "bloggy spirit" that makes you feel welcome and wanting to come back for more. :)

We are always and forever counting our blessings. We pray that God continues to watch over and bless our family. So it is just the two of us hoping that you are counting your blessings.

23 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Susie said...

That is so beautiful. I have been married for 14 years, but I have a long way to go until I can say those words "Just the two of us." Thank you for sharing.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I would have assumed from the title that you were a young couple just starting out, BEFORE you had kids. So it was a pleasant surprise to find out that we're in the same place. Yep. It's just the two of us again too. I know what you mean about being apprehensive but we're like you two, enjoying every minute of it. Welcome to blogging!

 
At 8:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I really like the title of your blog and I think it fits your situation, as described in your profile, perfectly! I also like how you manage to put "just the two of us" into each of your posts!

 
At 8:49 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi this is really nice blog
Thanks for sharing
Wish all the best

 
At 9:09 PM, Blogger someone else said...

It's just the two of us again, too. It's a nice name for a blog and a nice time of life.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I love your name! Your description of it is very sweet. My initial thought was that you're a young couple as well, like barb said. So isn't that neat that we're all sharing about our titles!

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Love the title of your blog. It's so nice. And welcome to the world of blogging!

 
At 11:49 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

Oh I love that, and I love your blog :) Thanks for sharing your story with us, makes me a little less aprehensive about thinking what it will be like once our kids are all grown up and out of the house :)

Hugs,
Sandra

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Julie said...

I am looking forward to it being 'just the two of us' around here...you make it sound GREAT!

I've been a mom for 26 years now, but since my youngest is only (almost)11, we have a ways to go yet. I will NOT grow weary in well-doing.

 
At 11:53 PM, Blogger on the Rock said...

We are pre-children so it's just the two of for now too... um, plus doggy. I always wonder if we'll still feel like kids when we have kids. I bet we will. Good title.

That's okay of you don't add the song here. I can hear it in my head it's so popular.

 
At 11:54 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Loved learning how you came up with your blog name:-) I think Barb came up with a great idea and will do my post about it tomorrow! Hugs!!

 
At 12:10 AM, Blogger Julie Julie Bo Boolie said...

I confess I'm very much looking forward to someday being just the two of us too!

What a great blog title!

 
At 12:12 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Hi Pamela,
I am so delighted to meet you. I am new to blogging as well. I can't believe you just started. Your blog looks so professional. As you probably noticed, I don't know how to do anything yet!! I don't even have any links posted or anything in the sidebar because I don't know how to do it.
When I first began, I felt like the old lady on the block. I enjoyed reading the posts of all these wonderful young women, but it sure is nice to begin to meet some women my own age. We do seem to have much in common. I look forward to getting to know you better.

 
At 1:15 AM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What a creative name. You sure seem to be having fun in this season of life. It gives me something to look forward too. But I am enjoying every minute of where I am right now, since I know it goes fast:)

 
At 1:26 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Well said. I hope and pray that my hubby and I will feel that way in 20 years or so when we have an empty nest.

 
At 2:05 AM, Blogger Andrea said...

I love your title and the fact that someday, I can enjoy just the two of us with my husband. Thank you for your comment on my blog. It meant a lot to me. :)

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I love the meaning behind your blog name! Great choice!

By the way, thanks for your comment on my Active Family post!

And I'm glad you liked the video that I posted of Snuggle Bug. I have a lot of fun filming him! :)

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Big Mama said...

Welcome to blogging! You chose a great name.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Brenda said...

I love the name you chose, and I love that you use the title to refer to yourself in your posts. Very cool!

 
At 4:05 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Just the two of us????Didn't you know Dave and I are going to move in??? Then it will be, just the FOUR of us. HA HA!!!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Hubby and I are "just the two of us" now too! I think that is why I like your blog so much!!
Keep up the good work...you are doing great!!
:-D

 
At 1:49 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I loved the story of how "Just the Two of Us" orginated.
It can truly be such a special time of life and I think your blog really reflects the joy you're experiencing!

 
At 2:13 PM, Blogger Eagles Wings said...

That is so cool "just the two of us". I'm at the other end of the spectrum...3 1/2 yr old and 17 month old twins - ALL boys!
Thanks for stopping by and blessings...
Praise God the Hurricane didn't hit as hard as originally thought!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home