Just The Two of Us: Quality Time
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Quality Time myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Here in Florida it has been raining like cats and dogs for about three days now, and I really wouldn't mind much, after all, it could have been a hurricane named Ernesto. Instead, it's just been a bit of a tropical shower.

However, it wasn't much more than a couple of months ago that our big TV out in the living room went out, not to worry, we still had the small set that we keep in our master bedroom. Oh no, you guessed, it too bit the dust a few days ago, right about the time the rain started.

In accessing the situation I decided, what the hey, I could use a little quiet time, this won't be so bad. In fact we actually took the TVs out of our house on purpose for a whole year just so we could spend some quality time with the kids when they were little, well they were actually just starting their early teens. The kids loved it and to this day say they all three remember that being, one of their happiest memories. We did so much as a family. We read the bible, played board games, sang songs, did crafts...at first they thought they were being punished and so did we, hehe but then it just was great! We actually went a whole year without a television.

Maybe, I was a better person then, maybe because the kids were still home and I wanted to set a good example at that time, but that was then and this is now, and today, I seem to be going a bit ((( *stir crazy*))). Mostly, because I feel like the silence is closing in on me. It could be that I've had just too many cups of Moho and that's what's making me a bit more jittery.

What's odd, is I am usually the first one to say "let's not watch TV tonight", or "let's just talk", or go for a walk or play cards...or BLOG...hehe! giggle, giggle.

It's a big eye opener when you suddenly have to go without that little something that you do everyday. Seems we all have our little crutches and how amazing it is when we are forced to step back and examine ourselves and those around us. It give us a whole new perspective and shows how much we take for granted just because we get caught up in the everyday little things instead of what's really important.

So it's just the two of us enjoying the silence of a moon filled sky now that the rain has stopped, and hoping you are enjoying a little quality time, as well. :)

14 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Blogger cinders said...

Being a poor university I don't have cable, the weird thing is I always have the tv on (3 channels to choose from)for background noise. I find the silence without tv to be deafening!
Hope you are enjoying the quiet time together :)

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

My crutch would be the computer! If the power goes out I'm left feeling like I'm out of touch with the "world" LOL Oh no! No email! No bloggers! What is there to do?! :)

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

It's true, I will back you up and say that was one of the best time has a family, when the tv got struck by lightening and you guys opted not to get another one. We thought you were crazy!! But now, those are the best memories I have with our family. Funny, after that I never really liked watching tv, and now Dave loves it! We are trying to find a balance between watching tv and spending time together. :)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Enjoy your quiet time! We don't watch much tv and Tivo what we do watch. I still want that option though.
Thanks for visiting me and your sweet words :-)

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I don't think I would miss TV a whole lot...but now the bloggin?? That is another story!!
:-D

 
At 9:19 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Good reminder! Oh that TV can be so easy to turn on. We have turned it off a LOT lately around here, and you know what my girls are happier:) So am I. They seem to enjoy playing much more. I think the taking the TV our for a year is a great thing to consider!

 
At 10:45 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'll admit I'm a tv-aholic. I don't really watch it that much, but I like to have the noise in the background as I surf and blog.

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I'm with Michelle, I would bemoan the loss of email and Internet access if our power went out. :) Enjoy your quiet time!

By the way, Thanks for your comment on my I’m taking a vacation but my blog is not post. I'm sure I'll have lots of pics/videos to share when I return. :)

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I have a tv in my computer room and it hasn't been turned on for over 2 months now...also have one in the living room and that one is only on for the news around 6 p.m. So, I don't think not having a tv would bother me very much...I prefer to have music on and of course being on the computer!! Take my puter away from me, you might as well bury me! lol

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Well sweet bloggy friends, now I know your weaknesses...like Pea said, your comments or your puters"...which will it be. hehe

 
At 11:35 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

I appreciate your bravery in ditching the tv for a year. I actually talked about and threatened it, but hockey season prevented me from actually carrying it out. Recently we have started using DVR (cable's version of TIVO) and we love it! Now we just watch tennis, food network shows, history channel and travel channel, for the most part. The fun part is we watch and fast forward through commercials!

Sorry your TV is on the blink! I hope you don't get rained on too much. We are supposed to see the remnants of Ernesto right through our home tonight and tomorrow. In 2004, we have the same experience with the remnants of Gaston and we are really hoping it's not anything like that.

Tammy

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Hey Pamela,
Thank you so much for the info. about pictures. I plan to use it. Right now I am sitting here with my Blogging in a Snap book on my lap trying to do a few things to my blog. Scarey stuff!! I'm okay about changing things around a bit, but I'm really nervous about trying to add things to the side bar. One baby step at a time!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Thanks for stopping back by my blog. Yes,the kids will go trick or treating, although we aren't sure whether it is still age appropriate for my 12-year old. Joel, who's 5, is already eyeing the Red Power Ranger (which is a questionable character, I know, but he is crazy for the costume!) and discussion has it whether my 3-year old (a girl) will be the Yellow ranger. Not very girly, but she worships her big brother and would do it just for him, I think.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Barb said...

It's funny really. I hardly ever watch TV this time of year anyway but I'd be upset if it weren't sitting in the living room. It would feel really weird. Not as weird as if the computer died but still, I think we just get so used to some things when we suddenly don't have them available to us, we really miss them, even if we didn't use them all that much.

The forced quality time sure can't hurt anything though. :-)

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home