Just The Two of Us: Splishing and a Splashing
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Sunday, August 20, 2006

Splishing and a Splashing myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Anyone for a dip in the pool?

From the time I was a little girl, I loved swimming, and I am so grateful to my Mom for putting aside her fear of water and making sure that me and my little brother Duane, could learn how to swim. Which, now looking back had to just be terrifying for her, however, I grew to love the water and anything to do with the water.

My brother will be the first to tell you that I saved his life from drowning in a public pool when he was like 5 and I was like 8, although my method left a bit to be desired having put him on my shoulders and quickly looking like a Beta fish with the blown out cheeks. It worked, non the less, and he is still with us as I soon had to come up for air and managed to get him to the side. I think he had just swallowed too much water and panic set in.

On family vacations, we would go and stay at a little A-frame log cabin and my brother and I would go waterskiing. Later, my love for the water would take me onto all kinds of new and thrilling adventures. In highschool, I mastered eight dives, swam a mile and 1/2 everyday, and certified as a senior lifeguard.

It wasn't long before I realized my wonderful hubby was at best a land luber. Yet, he doesn't mind dipping his toes in the water and joining in on the fun cause he knows I love it so much.
I taught all three of my kids how to swim by the time they were three and my oldest was only 15 months.

We loved the beach, especially the kids. On the left Chrystal, (8) Kevin, (11) and Terrence (10) and someone's been feeding the seagulls. tsk tsk

Later, when my kids were in their early teens, my parents moved to a lake about 45 min from us and got a boat and a jetski. (if you could see the broad grin come over my face) Well those were the times of our lives and memories we all will treasure forever.

Above, the serenity of the Cypress trees out at the lake.
To the left, is Chrystal with our dog Shivan in our pool. If you look to your right, you'll see our son Kevin and Renee jetskiing.




Lastly, here is our Grandbaby Ben enjoying a day in the pool.
So it's just the two of us leaping for joy that we are so blessed and enjoying a day filled with sunshine; leaving you with this. The path of the righteous is like the first gleam of dawn, shining ever brighter till the full light of day. PROVERBS 4:18

5 Comments:

At 7:24 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I LOVE the ocean, swimming, WATER, rivers, lakes but especially the ocean. What a gorgeous place you were/are at. I use to live in Hawaii and I really miss the ocean there. Wonderful blog!

 
At 1:54 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

I am with you on that one- I would live at the beach if my husband didn't mind the sand so much. I especially like the last picture. He is sucha cutie!! Thanks for stopping by and leaving your comments!

 
At 3:08 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

I MISS THE POOL! It was so nice just to be able to walk outside and have a pool at our fingertips. I remember playing water polo, star trek, and racing to see who was the fastest. :) Good memories.

 
At 8:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow talk about some old pictures....

Haha Love ya

 
At 8:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben looks so cute, I love that picture. Love you

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home