Just The Two of Us: Dare To Dream
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Dare To Dream myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

I've always done some of my best thinking when outside, sitting in the tall blades of green grass and looking up into the heavens. The warm sunshine beating down, all the while, the puffy white clouds sail on by.

While peering up into the expanse of magnificent blue sky, The kids and I would imagine that we could make out the image of a cat, a turtle, or maybe a teddy bear. It was delightful sharing in their visions, hearing their giggles, and talking about their thoughts and dreams.

I would often tell them, that if they believed, anything was possible. The sky was the limit, or shoot for the moon and all your dreams will come true. We pray that our wonderful children's lives will continue to be filled with love, laughter, health and happiness. When times are not so good that they will get through it by prayer and by the grace of God.

So, much of the time, in this fast paced world of ours it is easy to get caught up in all the hoopla of the war, pressures at home, or at work and we all need to remember to take time out for our loved ones and dare to dream. If we all hold onto a little more of that sweet innocence and enjoy the simple little joys that we so often take for granite, the world, which can seem rather cruel and insensitive, will seem a little brighter.

I think sometimes we need to give ourselves permission to ease up and destress...Find your own puffy white clouds and use your imagination and tell me what visions you see in them.

So, it's just the two of us hoping all your dreams come true!

7 Comments:

At 11:15 PM, Blogger TJ said...

this post fits perfectly with a song I heard today...I Hope You Dance by Lee Ann Womack.
:-D

 
At 12:51 AM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Thanks, Pamela, for the lovely words on my post today about my mother. I miss my mother more than words can say and I love writing about her.

Yes, I oftentimes sit on our deck and just look at the clouds and say "what if." I guess you might say I'm a bit of a dreamer.

Hope you have a wonderful day.

 
At 1:33 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Gosh how I remember doing that as a young child and then with my own children...loved to see what it was they could see in the clouds:-) You're right, we don't take time to be with our loved ones enough, we need to learn how to relax more and not let today's hectic world get the best of us!!

 
At 3:42 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

This post reminds me of why I love being a parent so much! Snuggle Bug helps me to slow down, push away all the pressures, and use my imagination and dream!

Thanks for your comment on my Older Parent (revealing my age) post!

I agree, children are a gift from God and, thank goodness, we all have a longer life expectancy than we used to have!

Thanks for sharing!

 
At 5:02 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Thanks! I needed the reminder to slow down a little bit. BTW, where do you get all of your graphics from? They are so cute!

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Tammy ~ Yeah, this post did get a little "country song sappy" on me...lol I love that song too! :)

Motherkitty ~ That's so nice; keep them coming and we'll keep reading them. Your lovely post about your Mom is a true testiment of love. and makes us all appreciate what we have now. :)

Pea ~ You amaze me...what with all you're doing in preparation for your mother's 75th B-day, canning mass amounts of veggies and who know what else and you still take time to visit! Thanks:)

OW ~ Yes, Looking through the eyes of a child...helps you see the world with a new appreciation. Kid's keep you young. :)

Trisha ~ For these graphics, I used Yahoo.com, (click on images) and type in whatever you're blogging about. :)

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Tammy ~ Yeah, this post did get a little "country song sappy" on me...lol I love that song too! :)

Motherkitty ~ That's so nice; keep them coming and we'll keep reading them. Your lovely post about your Mom is a true testiment of love. and makes us all appreciate what we have now. :)

Pea ~ You amaze me...what with all you're doing in preparation for your mother's 75th B-day, canning mass amounts of veggies and who know what else and you still take time to visit! Thanks:)

OW ~ Yes, Looking through the eyes of a child...helps you see the world with a new appreciation. Kid's keep you young. :)

Trisha ~ For these graphics, I used Yahoo.com, (click on images) and type in whatever you're blogging about. :)

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home