Just The Two of Us: My Heart is Touched...
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Thursday, August 24, 2006

My Heart is Touched... myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


...with Happiness

Without a doubt, the last couple of years have been a whirlwind, with my oldest son Kevin and Renee's wedding last year in January, and my daughter Chrystal and Dave's wedding, just this past June.

Today, however, I just want to to say how sweet my Daughter-in-law Renee is, and that by showing just the simplest little act of kindness she filled my heart with happiness. Last night, we were talking about how chapped our lips have been lately; I mentioned that I had even caught myself biting my lips. Shortly after returning to pick up Ben, and exchanging hugs n kisses, we said our good nights, when Kevin rang the doorbell (the kids never ring the bell but we had already locked up for the night) again and handed me a little package of Chap Stick, he said Renee wanted me to have it. I was so touched and blew her a kiss, and thought how blessed we are, that Kevin picked out such a nice girl to call our ~ Daughter-in-law.

My daughter Chrystal, met Dave, while attending Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, their freshman year. Focusing on school they set aside their fondness for one another and became best friends. They didn't start "dating" until their senior year. (I know *smile*) Nothing touched my heart more than the day we got "the call" (due to living in another state) from Dave,... and he didn't just want to talk to my hubby alone, but rather, asked to speak with both of us on speakerphone. Yes, Dave asked for "our permission" to have our daughter Chrystal's hand in marriage; it meant the world to me; I was so touched that he thought to include me, We are so blessed to be able to call Dave ~ our Son-in-law.

Had a delightful time with our little grand baby Ben, last night, and just wanted to thank everyone for their insight, as to, where to draw the line with baby proofing in a Gma's home, in my last post. You have made me feel much more comfortable in my decision to keep my knick knacks out. Woo hoo! Oh, and the white couch is out,,,had to giggle at some of your comments...lol!

Today, my wonderful single son Terrence, stopped by and to surprise me with a sandwich from Subway. We got caught up on a few things and just had a great time together. I, took the opportunity to remind him again, that two weddings in two years is e n o u g h , hehe Gee, I don't know about you but I'm feeling it. So it is just the two of us hoping someone touches your heart today.

7 Comments:

At 6:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

aww thanx for writing about me, I always have fun with our lunches together!

 
At 7:05 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Hi Pamela, I wanted to thank you for stopping by my blog the other day and welcome you to blogging. It's lots of fun and VERY time-consuming. I've enjoyed reading your blog.

 
At 8:59 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

AWE! Almost brought tears to my eyes reading this one! I love you two :)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

It's wonderful when you know your children have chosen mates they are happy with...my oldest son Shawn just got engaged and he and Wendy are getting married next April. I asked him if he was sure and he said yes mom, she's the one...that was good enough for me:-) I know she loves my son and that's all a mother can ask for!!

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Barb said...

What a sweet daughter-in-law you have. And thank you for stopping my place today. If you like spicy food you'll love the jalapeno garlic tilapia at Johnny Carino's. And yes, those awful word verification letters drive me nuts but without them, I just get to many spam comments. Thanks again for visiting.

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Aawww...what a sweet daughter-in-law you have! That's great that you have such wonderful relationships with both of your children's spouses! I have a great relationship with my MIL and FIL and couldn't feel more blessed...sure does make a marriage easier!

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the videos of Kayla I posted! :)

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. It's nice to meet you. It's a wonderful thing when in-laws love each other. My MIL is fantastic, and it sounds like you're a good one, too!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home