Just The Two of Us: Gazing Into His Eyes
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, August 21, 2006

Gazing Into His Eyes myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

When I look into my sweet wonderful hubby's baby blue eyes I melt. I love him so much, and he also makes me feel warm and safe. I also know that he will protect me from whatever may lurk in the corners of our little abode. Specifically, with regards to little creepy crawly critters. I admit that I find little frogs cute and I have several nestled in the bushes, out back around the pool, that I picked up at this gift shop or that and even some that I made and painted myself. I find them charming, but real ones...eeeewwww.

Yes, I have been known to be a little over dramatic when it comes to finding what I call, creepy crawly's in the H O U S E ! Well, that is precisely what happened the other day, I hear this odd noise coming from the bathroom and I think hum...then something falls to the ground and sounds like glass breaking. This, without a doubt got my attention, and with my hubby at work I am like, "do I dare", and what to my wondering eyes appears but a frog...yes, a frog, a b i g frog.

Suddenly, our eyes met and something came over me and it definitely wasn't a feeling of "love at first sight", no it was more like spine tingling chills and a sudden desire to run, however, upon refraining myself from any rash decision, I slowly, so as not to alarm either of us any further, least he should decide to jump up on me and send me into orbit, (right?) gently closed the door. Later, when my hubby came home he captured the little guy and let him loose in the yard, my hero!

Living here in Florida is like living in one giant sandbox, as there really just isn't the mud like up North, it's all sand. So, there again, on another lovely occasion, just the two of us were planting some Oyster plants and a few flowers in the bed out back, when out of no where...from being buried underneath the soil, pops up this frog's head. Instantaniously, and without hesitation, (I astounded even myself with my agility on this one) leap backwards from a squatting position narrowly missing having taken a dive in the pool that lay right behind me. Oh my word! I had no idea giant frogs lived underground...guess you learn something new everyday.

I will never forget the time I stepped out on the patio intending to give my poor neglected feet a pedicure. In any case, in the middle of sanding dilligently on my feet I happened to get the distinct feeling I wasn't alone...OMG, lizards, everywhere, zillions of them with their little beady eye balls piercing through my skin, yes, it was the flakes of skin falling to the ground from the pedicure that was evidently attracting them. Guess they thought it was bugs or something.

Well, now that the hair is beginning to settle down, once again, on my neck it is just the two of us, longingly, gazing into each others eyes as the day is slowly winding down.

10 Comments:

At 12:31 AM, Blogger TJ said...

Hello Miz Pamela!
thanks for visiting my blog today and your sweet comments!!
I see you are a new blogger and live in my favorite part of the world...I'm going to mark you and come back to visit!
I love your heart crystal pictures and the parrot joke!!
:-D

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Motherkitty said...

Hi, Pamela, I ditto Tammy's remarks about your visit to my blog today. Welcome to the blogosphere.

I appreciated your nice comments and the reference to Forrest Gump. I noticed that this was one of your favorite movies (mine also).

I can understand your aversion to those big green frogs/toads and other creepy crawlies. I didn't know that they could get underground. You learn something new every day. Many, many years ago (1960-ish) I lived in Miami Beach and was introduced to any number of exotic bugs that I had never seen before. You talk about ewwwwwww. I have bookmarked your site and will visit again. Don't be a stranger and be sure to come back to my blog any old time you wish. You're always welcome.

 
At 2:48 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

Creepy crawlies are the worst!! I know exactly how you feel. My first apartment in Japan had a little lizard problem. I would find them everywhere in the bathroom, in the kitchen and the worst at night they would crawl across my face. Hope you can keep yours at bay!

 
At 2:58 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Pamela,
I see two very friendly faces in your comments! Thanks so much for visiting and your sweet words. Welcome to the world of blogging. I hope you'll continue to visit me and I know I'll be back to you soon.
Your little grandson, Ben is s.o.o.o adorable. Grandchildren are truly one of God's greatest blessings aren't they?
:-)

 
At 4:03 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hi Pamela:-) Thanks so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment...I hope it won't be your last time!! I really enjoyed reading this post...frogs don't bother me much but spiders...now that's a totally different story! lol

 
At 5:04 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

I remember when we were kids how I would put a lizard on my ear. You would always scold me for it. :) I guess that's what good moms do! Frogs don't so much bother me, it's the insects that give me the creepy crawlies :)

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Grish said...

Hey, I'm with ya' on the creepy crawlies...

 
At 2:37 PM, Blogger Hen Jen said...

you got the hairs standing up on the back of my neck!
visiting over from Boomama's link weekend.
I don't like spiders...my husband has to save me from them.
blessings,
Jenny in Ca

 
At 11:04 PM, Blogger boomama said...

EWWW, frogs!

EWWWWW!

And lizards, too?

I don't like the creepy crawlies, either - I am a firm believer in something Suzanne Sugarbaker said one time on "Designing Women": "THE MAN SHOULD HAVE TO KILL THE BUG!"

:-)

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Lori said...

This gives me the willy nillies. Ugh! Great post, thanks for sharing it.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home