Just The Two of Us: Hopes, Dreams and Goals...With God's Blessings!
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Hopes, Dreams and Goals...With God's Blessings! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Laurel Wreath would like us to post about our hopes, dreams, goals, for the next year. What would we like to see God do in our life? If you would like to join in, click on the button on my sidebar!

HOPES...One of my dearest hopes is to lead by example. Those who are closest to me and whom I cherish most are my family and dear friends. I have and always will feel it is my awesome responsibility that if I am to have any moral influence, I must try to lead by example. Joshua was that way. He knew the way because God had told him to be strong and courageous, to obey all of God's laws and to remember that God is always with us. He was obedient to the Lord and he showed the way by providing servant-leadership.

Be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love,
in spirit, in faith, in purity. ~1 Timothy 4:12

DREAMS...It has always been a dream of mine to be able to touch others. I like to think of each of us being represented as one link in a continuous chain, that forms a circle. Each touching and looking out for their neighbor, knowing full well we are only as strong as our weakest link. In order for the circle to go unbroken we must look out for one another, even when it seems we have nothing to offer or to give, just that little bit of encouragement, or hug, or support or reading from the word, may be all that is needed to sustain life, to bridge the gap, or to offer hope. In that way, I might lead my friend just far enough, so that God may shed a bit of light to get them through the darkness, and the circle will go on.


He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but
have the light of life. ~ John 9:12

GOALS...My goal to better myself. To learn from my mistakes. To be more forgiving of others. To start each day off with his Word. To try to care more about the other person because by giving I receive. My goal this year is to get back into volunteer work maybe see if there is an opportunity to work with children. Most of all I want to always show my appreciation to God and to all my family and friends. I never want take one's kindness for granted but to always show my appreciation. Lastly, there is so much beauty in nature; his gifts that are so easy to take for granted...His blessings are a work of art, a gorgeous sunset, a precious little animal, a babbling brook or a swaying Palm tree, not to meantion my favorite...the ocean. hehe! I want to remember to acknowledge our Creators beautiful masterpieces, as they mean so much to me.

Again, now that 2007 is upon us, I will look forward to whatever God may have in store for us with the same optimistic hope and eager anticipation. I know whatever challenges face us we will meet them head on, and together. We always have, as we trust Him with all our hearts.

'myspace

Update: My goodness, let me just thank you all so much! You prayers and kind words are dearly appreciated. I apparently have an infection in the left side of my face, which, is swollen and draining puss and blood into my mouth and is causing huge blister...I know, I know, I am sorry, it is disgusting but never the less, the Doctor has put me on a stronger antibiotic than Penicillin, called Augmentin and a stronger pain killer that is suppose to knock me out. I am doing fine. I may not post for a day or two, but I am fine. Then I have to go to the Micro Facial Sergent, even I don't know what that is exactly! lol

So, it's just the two of us kicking back, mending and feeling blessed to have friends like you and hoping He has wonderful joys in store for you and your loved ones! Blessings to all of you!

21 Comments:

At 2:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela, I am sorry you have an infection. Something about the Augmentin, it can give you a stomach ache. Still take it, the Dr had to give it to my kids all the time for ear infections (it also can cause loose stools) just a heads up.

Anyways, the perfect first post to your blog up there I know, what can I say I am a mother, hehe. I love how your broke your meditations down in Hopes, Dreams, and Goals. I love what you wrote under dreams, I could not agree with you more. And I totally agree about leading by example. Our words have no weight if our actions do not back them up.

Thank you so much for visiting me. Happy New Year.

 
At 3:02 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you're still suffering with that infection Pamela.
Loved reading your hopes, dreams and goals. I think you are a wonderful friend and have achieved much of what you are striving for in 2007!
Feel better soon!!
hugs!!

 
At 3:19 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

Oh, that sounds so painful! I will pray that the medicine kicks in quickly and you have a quick recovery!
Kelli

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Wonderful hopes, dreams, and goals for the new year! Exciting isn't it! :) I hope you will get to feeling better so you'll want to talk to me on the phone when I call :)

 
At 3:56 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Oh you poor thing, having to deal with such a nasty infection. I hope the medicine kicks it really fast for you.

Your meditation was beautiful. I've read so many of these this week on other blogs and they all say the things I would hope to accomplish this year, also. Thank you for sharing yours with us.

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Laurel Wreath ~ thanks so much for the heads up...hehe! I appreciate you motherly advice. *smile*

Susie ~ thanks for your kind word, coming from a sweet angel like you they really mean a lot! ((hugs))

Kelli ~ thanks for your heartfelt words, while it has been an experience I will probably not forget I am being well cared for. :)

Chrystal, I am so sorry, I miss hearing your voice too, the meds knock me out baby. *whimper*

Thanks all...I am fine. :) Just keep me in giggles and I'll be better in no time. hehe!

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear of your infection. Hope it clears up quickly with the new medicine!

I really enjoyed your hopes dreams and goals. I know they were yours but they were so encouraging to me somehow.

 
At 10:05 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela: Your hopes and dreams are beautiful. I like all the pink and the pink butterflies. I hope you feel better soon. You are in my prayers.

 
At 10:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy New Year.

 
At 12:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now you get rid of that infection!Get better soon! I like your post on hopes dreams and wishes. Good thoughts there!

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Good morning Pamela! First off just wanted to say thanks for your prayers and encouragment. We are doing better this morning! Saw dad last night and visited a long while with him. I just feel so bad knowing that he proabably saw his home for the last time. But who knows? God is good and I do believe He can perform miracles! If dad gets a little better maybe he can go home for his final days. We'll just take it moment by moment and rely on Him for the answers!

I wanted to do this post too, but haven't been able to think clearly enough. I have so many things I need to work on. I love the breakdown of hopes, dreams and goals. Even if I don't write it as a post I will work on it on my own. God's been to good to me so I need to do some soul searching and alot of prayer!

Oh Pamela, I do hope all goes well with your infection. You poor thing. Will still be praying for you because that's just gross :o) I hope you know I mean that in a very loving way!!

Thanks again for being such a dear friend! Love, Amy

 
At 4:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful and meaningful post.

I hope you'll get well soon. May you recover from the infection soon so that you can start enjoying your days again. Take care!

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you are feeling much better. I will keep you in my prayers. Thank you for sharing your beautifully writing dreams and goals. I hope that 2007 brings you great blessings! Happy New Year!

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I did not know you had this awful infection!! I am so sorry!! I hope that things are a lot better now!! Thanks for stopping by my blog today. This software is NOT completely fREE but I am getting some that I would not have been able to have before. It is fun and I enjoy it all...NOW to LEARN it all...hmm!! Come back again and do get better. Sandy

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Get better soon! I love your hopes, dreams and goals but it seems to me that you are already in the road so I will keep cheering you from here for you to keep up all the good work you do already.

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

I'm sooo sorry for your sickness that you've had:(. Hope this new medicine helps a lot! And that your new year is filled with many blessings.

 
At 10:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hopes, dreams and goals are wonderful, Pamela. We should all have these exact same goals.

My word, your infection sounds awful. I'm so glad you're being treated. It's not disgusting - it just sounds really painful. I hope that "sergeant" helps. I can't wait until you come back and tell us exactly what a micro facial sergeant is!

I don't know if I've even told you this although I surely should have by now. Your new look is gorgeous. So soft and pretty.

 
At 11:06 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry to hear you're under the weather. I hope the infection clears up quickly!

 
At 2:41 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Hi Pamela. I was so glad to see you had a post up. I really think that you have realized a good many of those things already. As I was reading I just thought "Why, that is Pamela already." You are always so loving, caring and encouraging.
Your infection does sound terrible, but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Take good care of yourself, and I'll be praying it is all healed up very quickly.
Take care dear Friend.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Rae said...

I really hope you feel better soon! I love this post, your words are brilliant. Just so you know you've already completed the dream one ;) You have completely made me feel welcome in this blogging world & made me realize what a true "blogging friend" is..thank you so much for making me always feel welcomed & putting a smile on my face! =)

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

This was such a great post to read about your hopes, dreams and goals! So well-written! And may you have many blessings in 07!

Hope you are feeling better too!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home