Just The Two of Us: Spreading it Thinly...
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Spreading it Thinly... myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

'myspace

It never ceases to amaze me how just when I tell myself I am all caught up...zippity do dah and we are looking at a new day. My goodness but it is really difficult making time for everyone. Everyday, I get calls from people wanting to do lunch and have me come see their Christmas programs at church or go Christmas shopping. Got to spread the joy, even if it is on the thin side!

I called AAA Auto and they came out and replaced the battery in our, dead as a doorknob, van that hasn't been running for a few weeks now. AAA was so fantastic, for $108., they cleaned and changed all the connectors and tested the alternator and a few other things, then installed a six year battery with warranty. We were good to go again! It is nice to know I have my car back and won't have to rely so much on the sweet generosity of other people. Although I am very grateful that so many people offerered or took me here, there and everywhere! My sweet hubby took my car and had it detailed; it smells and looks so clean and pretty now...thanks Dennis! :)

I am so grateful my Mom does the big Christmas dinner on Christmas day and I made sure and told her how grateful I am today too, that I cook the Thanksgiving dinner and she cooks the huge Christmas dinner. Otherwise, I would be a dead duck cause I still have to cook a huge Lasauna dinner with all kinds of party food for the kids and the folks on my hubby's side of the family for Christmas Eve.

My pregnant and expecting DIL, Renee has been sick with a cold or flu bug. They really aren't sure which, so Kevin asked us to watch little Ben, our Grandbaby and we had an awesome time with him for thirteen hours on Sunday. The little tyke was so cute and we got such a kick out of him dancing to a new Christmas Moose we bought at Cracker Barrel, that plays a little Christmas jingle when you squeeze his antlers adorned with bells. lol Isn't it darling how a child is born with the instinct to dance, noone has to teach him that, it is as if he already has the joy of the holy spirit in him! What a joyful blessing!

It has been so much fun meeting and getting to know so many wonderful and new blogging friends. Everytime I go out to the mailbox and find sweet little packages or Christmas cards, it is such a blessing. It just makes my heart jump for joy and really, it means the world to me! I am one of those people that just love cards, and pictures, and I appreciate your sentiments so much. I just want to thank Carmen, for the beautiful stationery, Pea, for the lovely teapot, Jen for the sweet calendar; the rest of you for the beautiful Christmas cards. Thanks so much for your thoughtfulness. Yours is on the way!

The other day, Amy, of Laughing Through the Tears, posted a wonderful recipe and so I made them for my hubby's store Christmas party, they LOVED them! So, if you want the recipe click on the link and let Amy know I sent you! She'll get a kick out of that! hehe! She is a wonderful sweet and uplifting blogging friend!

So, it's just the two of us so thankful we have been able to meet so many new blogging friends and hoping you all know how much you mean to us!

'myspace



32 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger HLiza said...

How lucky your DIL to have a nice MIL like you!

 
At 12:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben is a doll. Enjoy that precious age because we all know it goes by too fast. I will have to try that cute candy recipe. You can't go wrong with pretzels and chocolate.

 
At 2:57 PM, Blogger Curious Servant said...

Merry Christmas!

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Pamela,
I think you and I must be juggling similar "to do" lists!
Little Ben is cuter in every pic you post! This will be such a fun Christmas with that little guy around.
Hope your daughter in law feels better very soon. No fun to be sick when you're pregnant or around the holidays..
My Mom and I used to take turns on holiday dinners too. Now it's my daughter and I...
:)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger someone else said...

This was so nice to read. It's just filled with so much happiness and love.

Ben is such a doll!

 
At 4:05 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Oh, your little grandbaby is sooooo cute!! I hope your DIL feels better. It is no fun to be pregnant and sick.....I had the flu for two weeks when I was pregnant with Feisty. Ugh!!

BTW....your blog looks very pretty!

 
At 4:26 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Yep, this is sure a busy week for all of us!
Have a wonderful Christmas! :D

 
At 5:45 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Little Ben is such a cutie! He's so adorable. $108 sounds like a fantastic deal, I'm glad you have your car back in action now =) Those treats look yummy! I'm still waiting to make some, I think I might tonight! =)

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Pamela! I love hearing about Ben and seeing his pics! He is so cute and I am so happy you get to spend so much time with him. Family is soooo important to me!

Hmmm, I never thought about a name for the pretzel treats. I've made them for like 10 years now. My kids say they look like eyeballs! How about something simple like Pretzel Kisses? I'm not very creative today...sorry! They are yummy though and so easy to make! Thanks for mentioning them in your post!

AAA is awesome! They have saved us so many times it is well worth the membership cost! That might be a good Christmas gift for someone!

I am looking forward to tonight at church! We have our little party with my girls and have such a fun time sitting around, eating and talking and just general bonding! I made chocolate covered pretzels and brownies with pink icing with crushed candy canes on top. Girls love pink so I think they will like them!

I don't know how much I'll be on this week, but I do wish you and Dennis a Very Merry Christmas! I am so blessed to have you for a friend!

P.S. I'll be praying for you DIL and for mom as she has the big meal and for you too as you cook for your dinner party! Have major FUN!!!

Love and hugs, Amy

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger Linda said...

You are so busy - but you do it all with such a sweet spirit. Our traditional Christmas dinner is lasagna too!! My precious daughter-in-law volunteered to do it this year as all my things are packed away. She is a delight.
I pray your dil is feeling better.
Enjoy these busy, joyful days.

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger HORIZON said...

Hello dear Pamela.
Things here have been so busy this past week- today l think l am finally done- a few things to buy for dinner but that's it! l must have written 10 different lists this past week alone-lol
Have missed blogging and reading your posts- you have a lovely wee grandson.
l wish you the very very best this Christmas Pamela- much joy to share with the family.
xxx

 
At 7:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm like you loving to go to the mailbox...lol!!
I'm so thankful for blogger!!
:-D

 
At 11:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are so lucky to have Ben all day. I wish I lived close enough to my daughter to have my grandkids all day.

I hope your daughter in law feels better by Christmas. Heres the good news. I never ever get the flu who knows why. I rarely get sick except for the occasional cold. But every pregnancy, all 7, I have had one bout with the flu. All 7 have been born healthy. I now think having the flu while pregnant means a healthy baby. I don't know why but I do. Maybe I should of listed this under another weird thing. BTW I don't count spaces, unless they are numbered it doesn't bother me. Once again weird.

 
At 1:20 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I'm copying off the recipe right now - looks like such fun and so easy!

Glad your car is back in order. Nothing worse than being wheelless in this world of ours. Although I'd love to live without the burden of a car if I could!

Little Feisty was entertaining the people at the post office the other day, dancing to the radio they had playing "Rocking Around the Christmas Tree." So cute. She's fun to take shopping - doesn't ask for everything she sees and just enjoys being with grandma.

 
At 1:22 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I forgot to tell you - we're sitting in the middle of a blizzard today - everything closed by noon today and will stay closed tomorrow. We haven't had one like this for about 4 years. The university has only closed twice in the 13 years I've worked there.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

I hope your DIL is feeling better, but how fun that was to have Ben over all day! He's a cutie!

 
At 3:49 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Benjamin looks so cute kissing that litle moose. I have to ask though... Is that a NY Jets jersey he is in??? If so, i don't know whether to be shocked or ashamed! LOL, I love you.

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger The Mama said...

Ben is so cute, I bet you guys had a lot of fun!!

 
At 9:35 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ben is sooo adorable!! Kiss his widdle cheeks for me! Glad you got off easy on the battery bill! That can be scary. We need to do the brake thing on our car. GULP!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Great pictures of Ben. Thanks for sharing and Merry Christmas.

 
At 12:32 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It does sound like your plate is full, and it also sounds like you're loving every minute. Enjoy! Have a Merry Christmas!

 
At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor thing, to get sick when she's pregnant. But I know you loved every moment with that grandchild.

I agree with you, Pamela. Our blogging friends and the sweet things they do for us are such a blessing.

I hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas. My goodness, that's a good deal - you do Thanksgiving and then get to relax about Christmas dinner!

Merry, merry Christmas to you, sweet friend.

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger on the Rock said...

Merry Christmas to you and all your family! May you be lifted in the true spirit of God's love!

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Pamela:
You are very generous towards me! I am so blessed to have in my life someone like you!! Thank you!!!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I hope your (very short) last few days before Christmas are going very well for you & everything is falling into place stress-free! =)

 
At 3:13 AM, Blogger Kelli said...

Wishing you and your family and Blessed and Merry Christmas!
Kelli

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Pamela! I just wanted to stop by one more time and wish you, Dennis and the whole clan a very blessed and Merry Christmas!!!

Looking forward to 2007!

Talk to you after the holidays!

In Him, Amy

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Have a wonderful Christmas with your wonderful family! It has been a joy to get to know you these last few months! Blessings.

 
At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you and your sweet family!

 
At 5:25 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Merry Christmas Pamela. Have a wonderful time with your family! xox

 
At 11:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have A Blessed Christmas! May God continue to bless your family as you go through another year.

Cheers!

 
At 11:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas, Pamela and a great many good wishes for the coming New Year.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home