Just The Two of Us: Sharing Gifts From the Heart
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, November 06, 2006

Sharing Gifts From the Heart myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

'myspace
Myspace CodesMyspace LayoutsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Codes, Myspace GraphicsMyspace Codes, Myspace Graphics

Today is my wonderful Sister-in-law's birthday! She and her hubby Jeremy have two darling little boys, Josiah, 3 years old, who is just brilliant, if I do say so myself and Zachary 14 mo's old, who just oozes cuteness.

These pictures were taken last year at Christmas time when we all got together for our folks' 50th Anniversary, and some good family togetherness. Josiah and I had a great time coloring together!





Sandra is hosting Holiday Traditions, once again, so if you would like to read about our Christmas traditions and a "Christmas to Remember" a 'Love Story' click here. If you would like to read about more Holiday Traditions see Sandra, of Diary of a SAHM.




Hope everyone remembers to join in on Sharing Gifts From the Heart that Magi, of Kaffee Klatsch is hosting today. I am looking forward to getting some yummy gift ideas, as there is nothing like a gift made from the heart!

I am sorry I am late posting, just not feeling so well, but better late than never. Here is my gift from the heart to share!

Here is one of my favorite little gifts that I love to make and share with young children during the holidays. It is an advent calender. You hot glue 24 small felt squares onto a larger piece of felt. Glue only around the edges and only along three sides, leaving the top open. Then place a different piece of candy in each square, along with a little bible verse or a little bit of the advent leading all the way up to the birth of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. Each day starting with December 1st, the child may take the treat out and share with you about Mary and Joseph and their travels to Bethlehem...

You can decorate any way you choose with all kinds of embelishments, and you can even personalize it so it's special!

We had a nice weekend. Enjoyed going up to my Mom's and taking she and my brother Duane out for a pleasant dinner at Village Inn, it was great to catch up with them and I will be posting about my brother in a few days! I seem to have an ear infection today so am eager for the antibiotics to kick in.

So it is just the two of us wishing you a blessed day full of happiness!

17 Comments:

At 6:30 PM, Blogger someone else said...

That's a really, really cute advent calendar!

 
At 7:12 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Love your advent calendar! So sorry you're not feeling well. Hope the antibiotics kick in soon...
((hugs))

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Susanne said...

Very nice idea for an advent calendar and the best part? No sewing! Now that I can handle! :v)

Praying your feeling better soon too!

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Sorry you aren't feeling well Pamela. I'll be praying you are feeling better very soon.
I love your advent calendar. I give one to each of my grandchildren (each household - not each child) every year. My mom started the tradition by giving one to our children. I, however, buy mine. I think yours is much better!
Have a restful day.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

That is so CUTE! I love it. What an excellent idea for an advent calendar!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Hope you're feeling better soon! Neat idea about making your own advent calendar!

 
At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Feel better soon! I love the idea for an advent calendar! Thanks!

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a great gift idea, and how fun for kids. I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, but I'm very happy that you particpated in Sharing Gifts from the Heart. Thank you very much!

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Ugh, I've had ear infections before and they are NO fun!! I do hope you feel better real soon! That advent calendar is a wonderful idea...I used to always buy the ones they sell in the stores...wish I would have thought of making my own!! Glad you had a lovely time with your mom and brother:-) Happy Birthday to Cindi!! Hugs xox

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well. Praying you are well soon! I love your advent calendar idea! So simple, yet kids would love it!

P.S. I am still very sick myself with my pregnancy:) Let's pray it's because my baby is so healthy:)

 
At 12:13 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Aww, I will be praying for you and your pregnancy too, Barbie. :)

 
At 12:38 AM, Blogger Amy said...

Awwww, I hate that you have an ear ache~they are so painful. I'm in California, but have my computer (obviously) so I was catching up with everybody. I fly home tomorrow night, but I will be praying you feel better soon! I'll be checking in on you in a couple of days! Maybe a hot water bottle or heating pad might help!

 
At 2:53 AM, Blogger Rae said...

We were both late in posting today due to not feeling good. I hope you feel better! Glad you had a good weekend and Happy Birthday to your sister-in-law! Thanks for the gift idea, I think I should make one for a few of my young cousins, they'd love it. Great idea! =) Feel better!

 
At 3:16 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

My grandkids just love advent calendars. I remember my kids did, too.

I hope you're feeling better! We had a great week-end with a missionary from Rwanda. We got to eat lunch with her and the pastor's family at our favorite Chinese restaurant. Really nice.

 
At 5:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the idea of the advent calendar. As a child, we used to buy something similar in the neighborhood store. Theirs have toy guns as gifts. Your idea is better.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At 9:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have a beautiful sister in law and it looks like she has a beautiful family. I am wishing your sister in law a happy birthday.

Great idea on the advent calander. Even I could make this. I am pretty good with a glue gun.

 
At 5:14 AM, Blogger Sean Carter said...

The advent Calender is a great idea!For some more out of the box and cool ideas you can jus dig into my Holiday Blog....

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home