Just The Two of Us: Life is Special With a Big Mouth Bass
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Life is Special With a Big Mouth Bass myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

This picture of the kittens reminds me of when just the two of us were first dating, and Dennis would get too handsy or touchy feely, I would make him sit across the table from me when we were in a restaurant. Well, he quickly discovered he could wrap his legs around mine, and then he would say, "everytime I wrap my legs around yours, it means I love you"...


Had just oodles of fun with Kevin, Renee and little Ben, our 10 mo. old Grand baby. We were going to treat them to dinner and they insisted on paying for us. This was a switch-o-roo. lol Never the less, we went to our newly remodeled and up scaled Golden Coral restaurant. The food was delicious and we all enjoyed a lighthearted conversation. Kevin ribbed his Dad about beating him in Fantasy football, and we all got tickled at Ben playing and flirting with some small children at a nearby table in the restaurant, all while Renee was trying to spoon feed him.

Upon leaving, we talked them into going over to GGpa and GGma's house. They had just got in from the long drive down from Wisconsin, about a 20 hour drive the night before, around 10:00 pm. I guess for a while, when the folks first got in, they thought they might have to spend the first evening with us, but after some finagling with the lock and key they managed to get inside.

The main reason we all stopped by tonight, was to give them both great big old welcome hugs and kisses! Secondly, they needed a little help getting their laptop hooked up and who better to do that than Kevin and I. Okay, maybe Kevin played a little bigger role, as he had to call his company and put in a special request and bat ta bing~ bat ta bomb, instant connection! It pays to have a son with special zapping powers! He is a supervisor with the local cable company. lol

We all were fabulously entertained by little Ben. He had us all in stitches! He lit up like a light bulb around GGma. Giggle giggle and play peek-a-boo with the "blanky". The funniest thing he did though involved a rubber looking Big Mouth Billy Bass fish that GGpa has hanging over his computer desk. I inquired as to whether or not the fish still worked, and GGpa, was rather doubtful. He was sure the batteries had probably lost their juice. Well, the energizer bunny was still going...That Big Mouth Bass curled around from the wall and started singing in a deep voice, "Don't Worry, Be Happy"! Little Ben perked right up and was completely enthralled with it, glancing around the room at us occasionally in hopes of being reassured it was okay. He was mesmerized by it, and it was as if we were all the little guppy's and Ben was Nemo, the bravest little fish in the sea. GGpa was immediately little Ben's A-okay guy, he gave him a look of new respect. GGpa made a Big Mouth Bass sing! It was precious! If only I had my blogging camera!


We all had so much fun that GGpa and GGma are taking all of us out to Cody's Steak house tomorrow evening. I will be late as my contractor and plumber are doing some work for me at the rental property. So hopefully, my prime rib won't get too cold. It is sure good to be around family!

Just the two of us drove home with that wonderful blessed to be alive feeling, and we hope you all have someone in your lives that make your heart sing, as life is so special!

14 Comments:

At 2:44 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

glad to hear you had such a nice dinner and have another nice dinner coming up! I can just picture Ben having fun with the singing fish!

 
At 4:39 AM, Blogger Susie said...

As clever as your little Ben is, he's going to be singing along with that fish! Your dinner sounds fun and how nice to be treated to your meal!
Isn't it special to share your grandkids with your parents? I so miss that connection with my Mom. She dearly loved her great grandkids.

 
At 5:48 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

WOW!! I think granpa and granma come down sooner every year! Can't believe they are already back!
I miss the big mouth bass! He is so funny! The first time I saw him I jumped. I can't believe Ben wasn't more scared. That thing is no joke!

 
At 7:48 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ~ I am so glad you had a lovely outing with femily. I have one of those fish, they never seem to wear out. Little Ben is a cutie. Enjoy your next outing - you could get used to that !! I hope Kevin does not get posted to another war zone as he has already been to Afganistan and Iraq. Thank you for your wishes for Kathy's birthday and glad you liked the Cost of a Miracle. It was a nice story.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 10:04 AM, Blogger Lori said...

For starters I love the picture! It was so nice to read about your wonderful evening with your children and grandchildren. Thank you so much for sharing. It make me feel home!

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds like you've had some nice days lately. Watching the grandkids develop is such a joy! Did you say she's pregnant again? They'll be close in age!

That drastic weather change must have been a shock! One of the profs I work with has kids down there in Miami and one time he went down without a coat, only to have the weather turn cold on him. He didn't expect that. We went to California on our honeymoon in January that year, expecting to bask in warm weather. Ha! We froze to death in 60 degrees. But there was a big storm back here that we missed.

 
At 1:42 PM, Blogger someone else said...

A few years ago our office gave my boss one of those singing bass things. It would activate on motion when people walked by it and it was so funny. He turned the switch to the non-automatic mode in a big hurry!

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I do. Thank you so much for such a lovely post, and also Dennis sounded so sweet and romantic back when you two were dating. God bless little Ben!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Pamela, sounds like you have a lovely family and little Ben sounds delightful, those fishes just make me laugh, whatever next!

Have a good week!

Helen x.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

I love that big mouth bass thing. My father in law has one and when my girls were babies they got such a kick out of it; they'd push the button over and over again to hear it sing agian. :-)

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Pamela, your entries always to my heart good! I'm with you~I LOVE having family around! Hubby and I adore our children and we all love to be together as much as possible! Seems like many families just don't take the time to be a family. Enjoy your evening together. Oh yea, I love reading about Ben so much...keep telling us more and more please!

 
At 10:40 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Certainly does sound like you had a wonderful time last night:-) I've seen those singing bass fish and can just imagine little Ben's reaction to it! hehe How adorable!! Now you have another lovely meal to look forward to with loving company...enjoy:-) Hugs xox

 
At 11:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time :)

Those Big Mouth Bass are so funny aren't they???

Have a wonderful day,
Sandra

 
At 11:27 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Good old Blogger was back in time for me to make a quick visit to my favorite people. Thanks so much for your kind words.
You are so right about being with family. I never take for granted the fact that our family is so close. I see so much heartache in other families. We are blessed.
Have a wonderful weekend. I'll miss everyone.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home