Just The Two of Us: An Angel Gets It's Wings
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, October 30, 2006

An Angel Gets It's Wings myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend! Just the two of us painted for ten hours straight. We painted all the base boards and doors and replaced the mirrored closet doors. The place is looking like the doll house I remember it being. The only thing I have left now is to wallpaper one wall in the kitchen. whoo hoo, I am sure my angel is doing cartwheels right along side of me!

Wouldn't you know it, and perfect timing too, just when I am finishing up with the Townhouse rental property, my other tenants phoned and they actually turned on the heater last week during our cold spell of 50 degrees, and said the heater ran continually, and they didn't think the air worked that well either. Well, I really believe that sounds like a faulty thermostat, which is nothing much at all. Hopefully that is all it will be, otherwise, yikes! :)

Meanwhile, the funniest thing happened today. My hubby and I were just saying how the leaves from the Sycamore tree in the front yard were getting away from us and well, my hubby said a little prayer, cause we just need more time in the day. lol Ding-Dong, and Dennis answers the door, the gentleman says, "may we rake up a few bags of leaves, my wife needs them for a church project". Dennis says, "of course, laughing, take all you need". He gave us a business card and he is a Pastor with a church that is over an hour away. lol

So, it's just the two of us seeing a little ray of light at the end of the tunnel and hoping the next time your door bell rings, it is a little angel coming to make you smile. You know what they say, "Every time a bell rings, an Angel gets it's wings". :)

11 Comments:

At 3:54 AM, Blogger someone else said...

What a wonderful story. It's amazing where the help comes from when you least expect it.

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wasn't Blogger a major pain in the butt Sunday? I gave up trying to visit blogs but now it seems to be working so I thought I'd visit some of my favourite blogs before going to bed:-) You will certainly be VERY happy when the last of the remodelling is done! I'm still laughing at the thought of that pastor coming to take your leaves...see, God works in mysterious ways! hehe Hugs xox

 
At 4:51 AM, Blogger Susie said...

That angel must have known you two were exhausted! Sounds like you've had a very busy weekend!
Hopefully the coming week will be a bit more restful for you both!

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Super!

 
At 3:38 PM, Blogger Helen said...

I love stories like that Pamela, it's those little Blessings that are so uplifting, in my life there has been many occasions where a kind deed or a kind word spoken at just the right time makes all the difference, have a good week!

Helen x.

 
At 3:40 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Great timing! As I posted, a few days ago, my husband was unable to rake and lift this year because of his hernia surgery, but the son and SIL helped out, as did the little girls!

So glad your painting is almost over. I hope you get good tenants this next time!

 
At 7:09 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Pamela, that is so sweet. Isn't it comforting to know that the Lord is concerned with every little detail of our lives - even leaves? How wonderful!
I'm so glad you're almost done with the work. I'm not crazy about painting. I always seem to get the job of "cutting in" - which means I spend a lot of time on my hands and knees or climbing up and down a ladder. I really think rolling looks like lots more fun :-)
I could use a few extra hours too. Do you think we could make the sun stand still? Nah - guess not.
Have a good day!!

 
At 8:31 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ROFL!!! That is HILARIOUS and timely....about the leaves. LOVE that one!

hehe

 
At 9:38 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Wow 10 hrs of paining?!

How nice that you had your yard raked up for you - funny how things work out like that ;)

 
At 12:17 AM, Blogger Rae said...

10 hours? Wow! Thankfully things are coming together for you =) Hopefully there's nothing majorly wrong with the heater/air. That's a cute little story (and picture beside it!) about the leaves..God works in such awesome ways =)

Have a wonderful Halloween!

 
At 11:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cool about the leaves! ahhh, I remember well the hours of painting and sweating and hammering and all that jazz on our little house. I miss it sometimes but with our health, can't do it no more!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home