Just The Two of Us: Moving Forward and A Little Holiday Cheer
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Moving Forward and A Little Holiday Cheer myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

'myspace
Burrrr! This Floridian girl is freezing! Woke up this morning around 5:30 am to take my dog, Shivan, outside and it's a wonder I was able to make it back inside. I was chilled to the bone. hehe! The weatherman said our temps dropped 24 degrees from the day before at this same time. Why it was just 92 degrees Sunday! So to go from that, to stepping outside barefoot in 50 degree weather was unbelievable.

Had a fun little outing with our son Terrence and his girlfriend, Jenny. They called and asked if they could drop by and after a little hesitation, I said, "sure, what time will you be here"? Terry says "two minutes". I gulped, quickly hung up and scanned the room quickly and was pleased that it didn't look too bad, there are days when it can look really bad with the way my schedule has been. So I quick gathered up the pile of papers on the kitchen table and threw them in the pantry. hehe! The few things on the counter, I scooped in the drawer. Wallah!

My hubby met us at Cheddars restaurant and we had a lovely time. She seems to be a nice girl, with high ambitions, a good listener, sweet, personable and comes from a good family. There was just one thing that bothered me. She explained that her "old" boyfriend was living with her parents up in her old bedroom. Jenny lives in an off campus appartment, while she is going to school. I immediately asked her if her parents knew she had a "new" boyfriend...my son! Oh yes, she assured me they did, but they felt sorry for him having lost a job and so forth...well. This is very odd to me! I am eager to see how long the old boyfriend sticks around!!! Actually, I think they need to move forward, and that boy needs to go! lol

When I came home, someone in the neighborhood had left a wonderful gift basket full of cute little Halloween treats for just the two of us, on the front porch. It's a tradition in our neighborhood to leave a gift basket full of goodies for two families and then hang a boo sign on your door to let others know you have already played. You never know who gave whom, what basket, all in an effort to spread a little holiday cheer.

Kevin, Renee and little Ben are coming over this evening and we are taking them out to dinner. We are all amazed that at 10 months old, Ben is learning quite a few words, and has taken as many as 6 to 8 steps. What an adorable age!

So it's just the two of us hoping you all are staying warm and and joining in on something that is just for the fun of it, and spreading a little holiday cheer!

19 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I don't blame you for being just a bit dubious about that old boyfriend situation. Hopefully it's just a temporary situation...
Your neighborhood tradition of the boo baskets sounds wonderful. What a cute idea!
Little Ben sounds very advanced for his age to me! Most babies aren't saying words so soon!
Have a fun dinner out!

 
At 2:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I don't blame you for being just a bit dubious about that old boyfriend situation. Hopefully it's just a temporary situation...
Your neighborhood tradition of the boo baskets sounds wonderful. What a cute idea!
Little Ben sounds very advanced for his age to me! Most babies aren't saying words so soon!
Have a fun dinner out!

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

sounds like you had a wonderful time with Terrence and his girlfriend, she sounds really sweet.
I'm amazed at Ben, Renee must be spending a lot of time with him for him to be picking up on words and walking already! (and i'm sure grandma is to) PICTURES!! I want pictures of my nephew! :) Love you.

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love that game your neighbors are playing, nice way to interact with them. Stay warm. Here, it seems like the Summer arrive again, It is hot!!

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I just went to eat for the first time at a Cheddars Restaurant in Houston while visiting my mom. What an awesome meal and place!! Is it a restaurant chain mostly in the south? I hadn't heard of it before then.

 
At 4:42 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Sue, it is hard to say at this age if he is advanced, our daughter was, so we will be curious, if not that's okay too.

Chrystal, next time I have Ben I will send you pics! :)

PW, You ought to start a basket exchange in your neighborhood! :)

MG, Yes, Cheddar's is delicious! We love their Spinach Dip, you have to try it next time you go! :)

 
At 4:49 PM, Blogger on the Rock said...

Unfortunately even the most perfect of situations are not all perfect either. But it's exciting that your son is introducing to a new girlfriend.

And it's way exciting to hear that your grandson is already walking at 10 months! And they sound like little angels with their little words!

 
At 4:56 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Pamela, What a fun neighborhood traditon! I've never heard of anything like that before, but I absolutely love it! I wonder if I could get one started in mine~maybe for Christmas! Oh, and btw, I would never ever get a tatoo...not even a giraffe one ;o) Put on some snuggly socks and grab some hot chocolate and get warm!

 
At 7:28 PM, Blogger The Mama said...

That sounds like a great neighborhood swap idea, I wish we lived in a neighborhood like that!

Little Ben is about the same age as my Ian, and you're right, it's a great age!

I loved the pictures of your kids on your previous post about dreaming too, it made my eyes tear up thinking my little ones will be that grown up way too soon!

 
At 8:20 PM, Blogger Christianne said...

I love that little neighborhood tradition! I live in Sweden and people are rather shy and don't go out of the way to make friends with their neighbors; I don't think I've said more than Hej (Hello) and Tack (Thank you) to the people who live in my apartment building.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

The boyfriend thing is a bit funny for me.. as you say, why still stay?

Love your tradition of leaving basket of treats and swapping them... that's wonderful!
Please put on more photos of your little Ben.. love to see him!

 
At 9:05 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I'm with you Pamela - that old boyfriend has got to go :-) It does seem an odd setup.
When I was in the UPS store the other day, they were talking about getting "booed' so I guess it's become a tradition here too. It sounds like fun.
I guess you just have one of those genius grandchildren - kind of like ours :-) Hope you have a great time.

 
At 9:14 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Wow! What a neat neighborhood tradition! How fun! :-)

As for your son's girlfriend's situation. That is just wierd. I hope the old boyfriend gets out of the picture soon...for your sons sake.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger TJ said...

what a great neighborhood...sounds like fun!!
:-D

 
At 11:03 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love the boo basket idea. How fun! I'll trade your weather. We're expecting a low of 28 tonight. ;o)

 
At 11:23 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Hugs Pamela...I'm finally catching up with the posts I've missed while I was away! I just read all of yours and I'm so thrilled that everyone seems to be happy with their Halloween Swap:-) You certainly received some wonderful goodies!! Perfect! What a nice surprise to find that basket of treats on your doorstep when you got home...I wish our neighbours had such a game! lol Hope your dinner out was fun:-) xox

 
At 11:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had a great time at lumch, but yes the boyfriend living upstairs in the parents house is a little weird. Hopefully that are just really sweet people and are just letting him stay temporarily, but you'll see how this goes.

Have a nice dinner out. I love babies at this age. I wish they had a little longer to be babies, but I guess they have to grow up sometime so enjoy.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Barb said...

Oh my. That "old boyfriend" thing isn't good. Isn't that going to make things a little uncomfortable when your son visits her family? Sounds to me like her family needs to let go of him since she has.

Your neighborhood tradition is the sweetest thing I've heard in ages. What a nice thing to do and it makes me wish the neighbors in my neighborhood were a little more outgoing. I'm probably one of the only women, if not THE only one, staying at home and everyone's busy, but honestly I'm considering organizing a block party just so we can get to know each other.

My little sixteen month old grandson is just now actually starting to form words. He's been communicating forever and we understand him but no one else would, so I'd say you have a baby Einstein there! :-)

I loved this post. Very sweet. And yes, 50 degrees in the early morning is shivery! It's that way here now, too.

 
At 2:45 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

That is odd that the old boyfriend is living in her old bedroom! How does your son feel about that?

How neat that you were "booed!" I've heard about traditions like that - how neat!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home