Just The Two of Us: Rainy Days Make Me Smile
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Thursday, November 16, 2006

Rainy Days Make Me Smile myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

'myspace

We are enjoying a bit of a rainy day. It is just lovely and looks so refreshing, and just makes me happy.

Yesterday, I pressure washed our whole entire house and the pool cage along with all the concrete out there. whew! It took over 5 hours! I was so thrilled with the outcome, there is nothing like giving your house a bath. lol

My Mom was great, she raked several bags of leaves and pushed the pressure washer behind me when I was ready to move to the next area. I couldn't have done it without her help.

Wouldn't you know Dennis came home right after we had put all the pool furniture back in the pool cage. hehe! He was amazed, and made us feel really good, but when he said he wanted to take us out for dinner, I couldn't do it. We ended up phoning in an order to Cracker Barrel and my sweet hubby went and picked it up.

The consequences of pressure washing and holding the trigger for that long was intense shaking of my hands for about 2 hours and then later I couldn't even open or close them. lol No blogging for me! lol

I feel so much better today and the satisfaction of having the job done is well worth it! I am just beaming from ear to ear at the lovely results. No more mossy green! We'll have to wait to see if the weather is going to cooperate so we can start painting tomorrow! So, never the less, I thought this year it might be fun to have our Thanksgiving Day feast outside by the pool. After we eat, the guys usually like to watch football and our big TV is still not working so hubby said we should make it a bring your own TV. Ha Ha! Right! I hope everyone will be up for some fun games. I love games! :)

So it's just the two of us feeling it and hoping you have a sky be it rain or sunshine, that brings a smile to your face.

18 Comments:

At 2:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a job the pressure washing sounds like, but you got it done. Like you said the results are worth it and even if you didn't get to eat out, you didn't have to cook.

Can you believe I have never been to a Cracker Barrel? My parents talk about this place all the time, but when I grew up in NJ we never had one and then I never went anywhere that had one at the time when I got older. Someday I am going to find me a Cracker Barrel. I hear the food is awesome.

Thanksgiving by the pool sounds fun. It is so hot this year here that eating outsied isn't even a thought. Plus we get a lot of flies this time of year and they are the most aggressive flies I have ever know.

Great picture of the rain by the way. I love the rain, especially whan it happens only occasionally. If we don't get enought here everything starts turning brown and yucky looking.

 
At 3:11 PM, Blogger Susie said...

We're in beautiful fall weather here, sunny but a fall feeling in the air!
That pressure washing sounds like it was very hard on the hands!
No Cracker Barrels here either, but I've heard lots of good things about them!!
:)

 
At 5:31 PM, Blogger Amy said...

I missed you yesterday, but now I see why you couldn't type! We are having a rainy here today as well and it is very cold...it might start snowing by Sunday. Cracker Barrell is awesome~I always take forever to decide what I want because I love everything there! Are your cheeks hurting yet from all the smiling ;o)

 
At 6:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had a wonderful rainy day yesterday and we loved it. Sure the joints hurt more but praise God for the much needed moisture!

 
At 6:45 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

You are so right about that wonderful feeling you get when the job is over and you know you worked so hard to achieve a goal! Good for you... that is a blessing indeed!

 
At 6:58 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I just love your cool graphic...it's like looking through a window to a rainy outside day!!
:-D

 
At 7:36 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I hope you feel a little better when you read this, I am sure about the satisfaction but I feel the pain because I've been there, Here it is sunny and there is no Cracker barrel but when I go in vacation to Florida that's where my inlaws love to go.

 
At 9:18 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Fantastic!!! You are amazing. Pressure-washing the house is my husband's job - and I always feel so sorry for him. That is one tough job. I'm glad its raining today. Pamper youself a little bit. A cozy chair and a good book sound like just the thing to me.

 
At 10:00 PM, Blogger HORIZON said...

l was shaking a bit today too after helping move furniture at my mums- she is getting her house rewired so the place needed a lot of work. Mum had gone out for a while and l was trying to get it all moved before she came back-lol.
You did really well there and should be proud of yourself- l bet your wee mum was proud of you. She sounds very nice.
l hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving- much deserved!
Bests

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I love rain for about one day, then want the Colorado sunshine back! But we don't get enough moisture here.

That sounds like a horrendous job - you have a lot more ambition that I do, I fear! Congratulations on a job well done! We don't have too much green stuff growing on our houses around here!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger The Mama said...

Oh I love Cracker Barrel! We don't have one close to us, it's about an 45 minute drive away which isn't very practical with the kids. We keep hoping they will put one in near us sice there are new shopping centers popping up everywhere.

I hope you get to painting tomorrow!

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy birthday sweet heart! hope tomorrow is the most awesome birthday ever!

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That video is so cool.

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I've never tried using our pressure washer but now I'll know what to expect...not have the use of my hands afterwards!! lol Great job my friend, you did good:-) It's always such a wonderful feeling when you accomplish something like that. Is it your birthday tomorrow????? Just noticed what Michelle said in her comment! Take care and enjoy that nice rain...we had snow again this morning! xox

 
At 1:16 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love how your blog moves.
Over from Sue to say happy birthday

Many happy returns.

How old. We Pamela's gotta stick together.

 
At 2:57 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Couldn't wait until tomorrow.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR PAMELA
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!!

I wish I could do pictures and music and all that stuff. Better yet - I wish I could sit down and share some cake and ice cream with you. You are the best. Have a wonderful birthday. xoxoxo

 
At 4:01 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Actually being able to eat OUTSIDE on Thanksgiving Day?! Wow, how far is your world from my world? ;) Very lucky! Good for you on getting all the pressure washing done, 5 hours is amazing. Much more than I could've handled! Cracker Barrell sounds fantastic, I sure wish the closest one wasn't 4 hours away. Have a wonderful Friday! =)

 
At 6:47 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Choking and sputtering on every single sweet word! How did you all know it was my b-day tomorrow? Oh, I see a little birdie or maybe a little angel named Sue told you! lol Thank you! I am so excited about all your kind words, and thanks so much for singing the "Happy Birthday" song Linda! No pics necessary, sweet friend, your enthusiasm is all I could ever wish for! :) Bless you all! :)

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home