Just The Two of Us: Listen For When The Cannons Go Off
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, November 20, 2006

Listen For When The Cannons Go Off myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Sometimes things work out when we let God do the driving! While we were all geared up to do a little painting this weekend. God had other things in mind. My hubby's boss denied his vacation. He will still get it, just not until after Thanksgiving. No problem, I always feel like God has a reason. In my minds eye, I feel sure he is saving us from something, whether it is just a minor traffic jam or making sure we take a different direction and smell the roses, so to speak or in our case, listen for when the Cannons to go off! lol

This has happened to us more than you would ever imagine. Once when we were packed and ready to go on a cruise. Once, when we had plans to go out of town to a wedding. I have always joked and said I am the wife/widow of a Retail Manager. lol Pictured right, just the two of us at Raymond James Stadium, Ray Jay for short! It was a bright sunshiny day, little windy, as we were way up high, and about 73 degrees. Awe, this is why we live in Florida! lol

If patience is a virtue, I am still a project in the making. I have come up with many ways to muddle through countless times when my sweet hubby couldn't come home in time for whatever function we had plans for in that particular evening. If we needed to be at the party at 7 pm, I would tell him 6 pm. Instead. So that being said, we are glad Dennis will start his vacation the day after Thanksgiving! Pictured left, Tampa Bay skyline.

It became clear right away, what we would have missed out on had Dennis' vacation started when it was suppose to. We wouldn't have gotten to go to the Live, up close, and personal...well incredible BUC'S FOOTBALL GAME!!! The stadium was awesome! I loved every minute of it! We played the Washington Red Skins, and we WON!!! 20 to 17! Every time the Bucs scored a touchdown, the Bucs pirate ship fired off the cannons! I probably won't have a voice tomorrow, but I also will never forget what fun we had. I love the free visors they gave us just for coming to the game, anything free is always good! Pictured right, Pamela , beaming from ear to ear! lol

Thanks Scott, so glad Dennis was still at work when you came in to give him the tickets, they were awesome!!! Whoo hoo!


Pictured left, our view from way up high in the nose bleed section, sitting amongst the angels! The air was so pure and fresh, and the view was surprisingly good! lol

Our colors are Red, Black, and Pewter. The stadium holds 67,000 fans and is always sold out so what a hoot we got to go!


Pictured right is a fairly good picture of the Buccaneers Pirate Ship that fires off the loudest cannons whenever the Buc score a touchdown! If you will look behind the Ship you will see oodles of little shops! Gotta cater to the women too!

After the game was over. We were still clinging to the ceiling with excitement at being able to see the game in person. There is such a different atmosphere when you are right there...the people that sat by us were delightful and we had so much fun interacting with them. hehe!


So, it's just the two of us, holding hands, and saying a little prayer of thanks for all that he has blessed us with in our lives. Enjoying Shrimp and Salad at one of our favorite little places that a friend of my hubby's wife manages called Cody's. Reminding you that if you are getting a frozen turkey and doing all the cooking for your loved ones, best get it while the get ting's good! :)

27 Comments:

At 2:13 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Sounds like a fun time! I've never gone to a pro game. We had this great Thanksgiving feast at church tonight and now the guys are over watching the TiVo'd portion of the Broncos game that they missed, because it started at 6. San Diego and Denver - big stuff!!

 
At 4:33 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wow what a terrific day you ended up having...much better than painting eh? lol Sounds like you both had so much fun and look at all the people that were there!! Great that your team won too!! Woohoo! I've been to hockey games and have had no voice when I've gotten home! hehe Loved all the pictures and that last one of the two of you holding hands is precious! Hugs xoxo

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

A Bucs game... I am so jealous. I remember going to many bucs games, working them in highschool, or getting to go when we went and watched the packers verse the bucs. So much fun!

 
At 5:19 AM, Blogger Susie said...

So glad you had a wonderful day together. Sounds like such a great time!
I also believe when plans change, it is for a good reason. (We may never know the reason, only He knows!)
It's always better if we can just go with the flow, isn't it?
((hugs))

 
At 5:44 AM, Blogger Tammy said...

Wow, sounds like you two had SO much fun! :D Loved the pictures!

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Oh this looks like SO much fun! I'm glad you saw the reason behind your husband not being able to go on vacation..and that it all turned out to be a blast! Awesome pictures & woohoo for the Bucs winning! =)

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger someone else said...

There really is nothing quite like seeing a ballgame in person, is there?? It's like a magical place for a while. And it beats house painting all to pieces!

I love the pictures of the two of you. You're such a nice looking couple.

 
At 4:38 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Looks like you turned lemons into lemonade. What a positive attitude! I love the pictures! You two are the cutest thing ever!

 
At 5:00 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I feel the same way you do when the unexpected changes happen. Anything free is always good! Great saying Pamela! Glad you had so much fun.

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Happy Monday Pamela! I just learned how to add you on my sidebar!! It wasn't hard at all :o)
I'm trying to learn how to do things, but I spend more time reading the blogs than actually teaching myself!

Games are better in person, aren't they? Plus I love to watch people and wonder about their lives. I'm not a stalker~really!

You're right about God's timing. While it may bum us out for the time being He knows best...He is so good to us! I've learned on many occassions when I've griped about being a few minutes late for something that we have narrowly missed an accident which so easily could have been us! I, too am learning to just be patient. Although I do the same thing with my hubby! In fact, I told him yesterday I wish church would change its service to 10:15 and not tell him so we would get there just in time!! Haha.

Hope your week is starting off great!

 
At 9:30 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

It is funny how things work out that way! How great that you were both able to go to a football game!! I'm glad his vacation was postpone for a good reason :)

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

That sounds so fun. What a great blessing! And the pirate ship and cannon's sound so fun! Glad you had a good time!

 
At 1:40 AM, Blogger Linda said...

You have such a sweet disposition Pamela. I'm going to remember this post the next time I'm tempted to throw a pity party for myself when I am disappointed about something.
Looks like you had a great day. I love going to sporting events like that. When my son was no longer playing high school football, I felt like I was going through withdrawal! No place to go have fun on friday nights :)
Have a wonderful day.

 
At 3:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you had such a great time. I agree about plans changing, there's always a reason and God sees the whole picture.

 
At 12:00 PM, Blogger HORIZON said...

Love all of the pictures- you have a wonderful smile!
Glad hubby is still getting his holiday- my G. is on holiday this week so am enjoying.
xx

 
At 1:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi pamela ~ Glad that you two had a
great time together, and the holiday is still to come. Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed Murphy and his bricks etc. I take tablets for gout and they keep it reasonable.
Take care, Love, Merle.

 
At 2:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have such a wonderful attitude on life! I need that this morning. Thank you!

 
At 8:28 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

How fun and what a blessing in disguise! Looks like you had a great time!

I hope the two of you have a fantastic Thanksgiving!

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Oh what fun, and an unexpected surprise. God does have the "big" plan and it is usually much better than our plan. Happy Thanksgiving!

 
At 12:55 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

How awesome. You guys looked like you had a great time. I love going to the game. My parents are big Giants fans and when I was a kid they would take me to Giant Stadium after it was built. There is nothing like being there, even if you aren't a fan it's still fun.

The eating out part looks like it was very relaxing. Shrimp and salad would definitaly be on my list. I have never heard of Cody's. I have eaten at Duff's in Deland though. I love that place. Of course its buffet so you have to go hungry, not a problem for me. We have relatives in Florida and I have been there many times. When my dad comes here he always remarks Hawaii looks jut like Florida, except for it's not an island.

 
At 2:34 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Just wanted to let you know that you've been tagged over at my place! If you get the chance, check it out! =)

 
At 11:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great way to look at the changes that are thrown our way in life.

 
At 7:39 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Awwwwww...you have the PERFECT attitude of gratitude. The game looks like a blast. I always lose my voice at games. We went to the NE football games a couple times and what a blast and I LOVE watching my son Joey play. I scream my bloomin' head off!

Wonderful pics of you and your hubby!!! Love it!

 
At 1:06 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

It looks like you had a fantastic time at the game. Hope you have a good Thanksgiving as well.

 
At 1:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi pamela I have been visting your blog frequently and do you know what stands out for me? It is very clear that you are enjoying "Just the Two of Us" very much! So many people I know have woe is me long faces because the kids have flown the nest,but it shows through your blog you and your husband's zest for life and each other.I really enjoy seeing this in others. Happy Thanksgiving.

 
At 11:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. Come see my attack hand turkey, Charlie.

 
At 4:51 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home