Just The Two of Us: My Brother Duane...part II
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

My Brother Duane...part II myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

'myspace
Once in while, someone does just a little something really special and it is such a blessing! Tammy of Kentucky Gal, sent me the code for this cute little angel cause she said I was like an angel. Aww, I am so touched. Tammy, she warms my heart!


My Brother Duane...part II

So, as you will recall, last March, just the two of us were having a pleasant lunch with both my Mom and my brother Duane, who has been a handsome single bachelor for 43 years. The lighthearted banter we were enjoying across the table in Ben's restaurant, was quickly replaced by stunned silence. "Did I hear right", had my brother just said he was getting married", and then pretty much in the same sentence "Would you like to see her picture"?

I was amazed, my initial reaction upon seeing this young girls picture flung in front of my face was, "Oh my gosh, Duane, she can't be more than fourteen"! He immediately looked hurt, so I tried to grab hold of my senses, and looked at the picture a little harder. My thoughts were a whirl. How could this happen? He said, "her name is Maricel and she is 23". I was trying my hardest to digest all of this information that he was throwing at me a bit faster than I was prepared to hear.

They met over the Internet. He assured me they were in love. She is from the Philippines and they had been chatting online for 3 or 4 months. My mind kept telling me that if she was really 23 then that wouldn't be too bad. Later, my wonderful Sister-in-law, Wendy, from Singapore, who had been married to my hubby's brother Jerry and had our cute little nephew Wilson, made me feel much better as she assured me that almost all Asian girls are very petite and tend to look much younger than they are. lol

He being an licensed Attorney had to be aware of all the scams...I had to ask is this all on the up and up? He assured me it was and if anything at all was out of sorts he would keep his head on his shoulders, but that he was in love and so was Maricel. The girl in the photo was lovely, very petite, and Duane was beaming!

He told us all that he had already purchased plane tickets to the Philippines and had reserved a room at a resort. They were to be married. Duane said there was much to do, that they were expecting 15o people at the wedding.

Well, to my delight, Duane e-mailed me pictures almost on a daily basis. I gradually warmed up to the idea. I loved hearing his words describing how much fun they were having together. I was glad he was able to spend 6 weeks with her and that he also got to meet and spend time with her family and friends. They spoke of their future plans of living here in Florida and perhaps, God willing, having children.

Duane had said something to me that day during lunch that brought tears to my eyes..."Don't you think I want to have what you and Dennis have", "I don't want to live the rest of my life alone, I am in love".

I felt an intense awakening. Duane was in love! I love my brother and was going to support him in anyway I could. Sadly, the wedding did not happen. Her birth certificate was not properly written to match records, and there was some confusion as to, what was required for a wedding in the Philippians.

So Duane had to return, but the wedding plans are still on, it is just that he is planning to marry her here in the USA, where he is more comfortable with the laws and so forth. There is hoards of red tape. It will end up taking almost 7 to 9 months to process all of the required documents. They do not make it easy, but already they have passed the first hurdle. It all kind of reminds me of the adoption process, where patience is a virtue!

I am looking forward to having a new Sister-in-law! I am so happy for my brother and Duane you know we are looking forward to standing up for you two in church. You have always been a blessing to us, and we pray everything goes smooth as silk from here on out, and that God keeps you both in the palm of his hands.

So it's just the two of us glad that we have such good friends and family and hope you are blessed just the same.

21 Comments:

At 3:48 AM, Blogger The Mama said...

Wow, good luck to Duane in his wedding plans. Sounds like a very nice match. It's so wonderful to find the one that was ment for you!!

 
At 4:08 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I can't imagine being alone. I was so very happy when my brother finally married and they are so very happy. God Bless them!!

 
At 5:30 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I'm glad Duane found happiness. I agree she looks very young! We have a huge Fillipino community in our town. Tagalog is being spoken everywhere we go!

 
At 11:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pamela ~ I am so happy for your brother and wish them every happiness
in the future. It is unfortunate they have had problems getting married, but
all will be well in the end. It is nice that the two of you had such happy times as children and were so close. Glad you enjoyed the words and
snails. About the only time I have picked a winner of the Melbourne Cup and didn't have a bet. Oh well.
Take care my friend, Love, Merle.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger someone else said...

My best wishes to them both.

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger TJ said...

What a beautiful couple!!
True Wuv!!
I love stories like this!
:-D
PS...I just like to acknowledge when someone has impressed me with their goodness...there is so much meanness in the world after all!
Have a great day!!

 
At 4:07 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Wow, what a story. I am very happy for your brother. I will praying for all to work out well.

Blessings

 
At 4:57 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

I'm excited to have a new Aunt. I'm sure it will be an adjustment at first with her being the same age as me, but with hearing how sweet and kind she is, I am sure it will be no problem! Glad to have a new addition to the family!

 
At 6:39 PM, Blogger Susie said...

You are such a sweet sister. Duane is lucky to have such a supportive family and to have finally found love.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

My best wishes for them. You will have a new sister in your family.

 
At 9:26 PM, Blogger Barb said...

That's a sweet angel. Tammy's very nice to send you the code for it. She has a lot of amazing things like this on her site.

My brother's name is Dwain too. Just spelled differently.

It's a shame the wedding has to be delayed for so long all because of paperwork. But I know you're looking forward to welcoming her into your family.

She's very lovely and your brother must be over the moon. After being a bachelor for that long, he's must be very excited.

 
At 10:35 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I think it's wonderful how love can be found over the internet...I know you hear of horror stories but then there are stories like your brother's. You just need to look at their faces in the pictures to know how happy and comfortable they are with each other:-) It's a shame that the wedding had to be postponed but at the same time it will give them more time to get to know each other. I wish them both the very best of luck and she'll be very lucky to have you as a sister-in-law!! xoxo

 
At 12:00 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

Part 2 as enjoyable as part 1. Duane is a blessing indeed!

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Thanks to to all. Your sweet comment will mean so much to my brother, and his fiance' Maricel. :)

 
At 2:20 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Your two posts on your brother are very touching! I love reading your stories, especially when it comes to family members. Thanks for sharing them with us! =)

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

It is always difficult when it involves the INS and embassies in other countries. I speak from a world of experience getting our DIL over here from Kenya. Best wishes to them!

 
At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ~ Thank you for your comments. The teacher story was very
nice, so I am pleased that you sent it on to your brother. The Twist was funny. Take care, Pamela, Love, Merle.

 
At 8:16 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

Yes, I told you most Asian women are petite..which is why I think I'm tall! Ohh..I'm so happy for him and the girl, I hope she's really a nice girl and you'll have another Asian relative! Yay!

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Aaawwww, I love this story! I hope things will go smoother here in the states. I love reading about your family. I think they are a very nice looking couple and I wish them all the best!

 
At 11:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

I have fallen so behind on blogs this week. I wish your brother and his bride-to-be all the best.

 
At 3:30 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

They look so happy together! Praying that everything works out for them with all the red tape and they can get married soon!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home