Just The Two of Us: Favorite Ingredient Friday ~ Zesty Quiche
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Friday, November 10, 2006

Favorite Ingredient Friday ~ Zesty Quiche myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Zesty Cheddar
Asparagus Quiche

Total Ingredients: 10
We love the rich taste of a classic quiche with a fraction of
the fat. The technique to accomplish this is to make the
crust with thinly sliced potatoes and bake them to crisp
perfection. It's a heart-smart substitute for traditional piecrust!

Ingredients:

1 tbs plain dry bread crumbs
8 oz small all purpose potatoes
peeled and very thinly sliced
1 lb asparagus, trimmed
3/4 c shredded reduced-fat
sharp cheddar cheese
3 scallions, sliced
1 can (12 ounces)
evaporated fat-free milk
1/2 c fat-free egg substitute
1 lrg egg
2 tbs margarine, melted
1 tsp dry mustard


Optional :
1/2 tsp salt and pepper


Preparation:
1 Preheat oven to 400*F. Coat 9-inch pie plate with Pam nonstick cooking spray and sprinkle with bread crumbs. Beginning in center, arrange potato slices in slightly overlapping circles up to rim. Lightly coat with Pam cooking spray and press down gently. Bake 10 minutes.

2 Set 8 to 12 asparagus spears aside. Cut remaining spears into 1-inch pieces.

3 Sprinkle crust with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 c cheddar. Cover with asparagus pieces, then sprinkle with scallions and another 1/4 cheese. Arrange whole asparagus spears on top.

4 Beat evaporated milk, egg substitute, egg, margarine, mustard, pepper, and remaining salt in medium bowl. Pour into pie plate and sprinkle with remaining cheddar. Bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean, about 35 minutes.

Sending out a big *thank you* to Overwhelmed With Joy for letting me participate in her Favorite Ingredients Friday recipe exchange that she is hosting. Click on the link to get more great recipes.

If you missed my recipes for: Cream Puffs click here
Cheesecake click here
Oatmeal Barley Soup click here
Holiday Recipe Blogger Style/Merinque Wreaths click here
Iced Pumpkin bars click here
Banana Pudding click here

Today is Linda's birthday she is a sweet blogger friend,
I love her lighthearted spirit!
Please join me in wishing Linda
Happy Birthday at her blogsite, Middle Years.
Today is my dear Brother-in-law, Jerry's birthday,
We sure hope you have a wonderful day celebrating...
Give him hugs n' kisses from us Wendy and Wilson.
...and have oodles of fun!
What a blessed family you are!
So, it's just the two of us delighted to be tasting a bit of French cuisine and hoping you all have a fun filled Friday!

17 Comments:

At 3:25 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

this sounds like a yummy quiche!

 
At 5:50 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Oo, yum! I haven't had quiche FOREVER..I can't even remember the last time. I love that it's heart-smart too! Thanks for sharing the yummy recipe & your birthday wishes are always so sweet! =) Happy Friday!

 
At 11:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pamela: Your site is very pretty and I'll be back to check out your recipes. That quiche looks yummy.

 
At 1:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love quiches. For sure I will try your recipe.
Have a nice Friday

 
At 3:37 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Ooh, I saw this recipe a little too late. I made a ham and cheese quiche for brunch this morning. Your dish sounds delicious.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I wish we loved aspargus...alas we don't...but I do love quiche!!
:-D

 
At 6:25 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Tammy, I am positive you could substitute the asparagus with broccoli, or even bacon if calories don't matter. We love Quich and I make Quiche quite often! :)

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

you know me, I am trying this recipe specially since it is a low fat recipe

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Wystful1 said...

Oh now this looks SO yummy, and I love quiche with a passion, so I'm grabbing this!!!

Happy Birthday too, to Jerry.

Thanks for the visit...and yes, I totally understand the fear and anxieties of having a child in the Marines....our son was in Infantry during the Gulf War. We need military, and we are certainly a proud Corps....but oh to NOT have wars. It be an easier world for us parents of Marines!!!

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

Oh Pamela, I love quiche..here you'll get to eat it in western restaurants or hotels only..which make it an expensive meal. With this recipe, I can try myself but feeling a bit lazy now! LOL...

 
At 9:31 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Thank you so much for the sweet birthday wishes Pamela. I look forward to spending a bit of time with you every day. I don't know what I would do if I suddenly found myself "computerless".
The quiche sounds sooo good, however it looks a little tricky for those of us who are a bit "cooking challenged". I just may try it though, because my cholesterol is sky high - and because I think it will be delicious!

 
At 10:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Pam, thank you for remember my old man (hubby)'s birthday !
He wasn't too happy about being 46 !?

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

What a brilliant idea to use thinly sliced potatoes for the crust!! I'll copy this down and file it as a "must try" recipe:-) Happy Birthday to Linda and your brother in law!!! Have a wonderful weekend Pamela:-) xox

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Wendy, tell him he is the same age as I am and he better like it! hehe! Tell him that his little 4 year old son Wilson will keep him young! lol

 
At 1:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This dish has some of my favorite ingredients. It's a must-try!

 
At 2:26 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

I've never made a quiche, but I've always wanted to. Now I have a tried and true recipe to try. Thanks!

I like how you list the total ingredients at the top of your post. :)

Thanks for participating in my Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange.

 
At 3:09 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I love asparagus. This sounds wonderful!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home