Just The Two of Us: Blow Me Timbers
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Thursday, November 09, 2006

Blow Me Timbers myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


If you all will remember, we have a Sycamore tree in our front yard that sheds every single leaf. Being so busy, as of late, I knew the leaves were getting out from under us. A couple of weeks ago I had been amazed when a Pastor of a church more than an hour away asked if we would mind him raking up some leaves for his wife for a project at their church. My hubby told him "of course, take all you need". We giggled and felt like our angels were working overtime. hehe!

Well, living here for 15 years in a neighborhood where everyone has a lawn service that mows their yard, (lazy people...hehe) while my hubby has pushed rather than driven a lawn mower, Around a yard with 13 orange trees and that huge shedding Sycamore tree. Imagine how comical I found it when two days ago, my door bell rings and low and behold there is a man grinning a cockeyed sheepish little grin. "Ma'am, I'm with blah blah blah...blah...would like to mow your yard for $75. a month. I scoop my chin off the sidewalk and give him an incredulous look, "do you realize our tree looses every single leaf on it". He smiles this cute knowing smile and tilts his head, "Yes Ma'am, they can be a real pain, but I will blow your porch, trim your bushes, rake your beds, and hedge your yard". I thought, I just hope he has good equipment. In all the years we have lived here all the lawn service guys have passed us by...lol

Yesterday, he came and did a one day trial job. I told him I wanted to surprise my hubby. After which, I would get back with him. Holy Cow! It was a dust bowl of leaves. He did a great job and it only took him three hours. Three hours, I could hardly refrain from going out and helping him. Every time I thought he was done and was going to ring the door bell he'd be at it again!

Finally, I answered the door , he said, " Ma'am, every time I thought I was done I would come back from the back yard and there would be more leaves. I laughed, "I know, I know"!

When my sweet hubby came home he accused me of mowing, and I quickly assured him I was no magician, but the new lawn service guy was! He was impressed but not sold, he's always liked to do our own yard, although I think he is tempted. Whew, I woke up this morning to discover my sweet hubby wrote me a little love note thanking me! He is so sweet, and that's why I love him! lol

So it is just the two of us admiring the green blades of grass, that we don't often get to enjoy and noticing that even the sandhill cranes seem to be a bit happier, Hoping you are coming up with ways to make life a little easier, even if it is only for a day! lol

16 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Blogger someone else said...

What a completely delightful post today!! This was such fun to read and I found myself laughing at the end of it.

 
At 5:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your hubby is so sweet, this was a lot of fun to read :)

 
At 6:07 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I'm glad to hear your Hubby got a break...yard work always is hard for a working man to keep up with...my Hubby does not miss it at all!!
But I do know the good feeling of having a freshly done lawn!!
Ya'll have a good day and enjoy it!!
:-D

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

WE have a fairly large yard and my hubby loves to do the yard work, because he has a desk job and it's his kind of creative energy thing. But the older he gets, the less he likes it. Glad you found such a good guy!

Thanks so much for your comment to Kristen. What a blessing everyone has been!

 
At 6:19 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Lucky us! We have the best men.

 
At 6:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Let me know if you know anyone who still wants some leaves. We have tons.

I'm not fond of raking. My 3-year old thinks otherwise, though. He loves to watch me rake, especially on a windy day.

"Rake fastly, Daddy," he'd say.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

I love the sight of a newly mowed lawn..and the smell of grass cut..have a nice day for both of you sweet people!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Thankfully, I still have three kids that live at home that like to rake and play in the leaves :o) I'm glad your hubby was pleased! Is your ear ache better? I hope so!

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Great husbands are a blessing indeed!

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I really think you should hold on to that lawn guy. He sounds like someone who actually does a good, complete job. That's a hard person to come by these days:)
Your hubby is a sweetheart. Mine wouldn't want a lawn guy either, but, like yours, I'm sure would appreciate having it done once anyway.
Have a good one!!

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Wow,$75 a month to care for your lawn is a great deal so I would hang on to him too! lol Raking leaves alone is a job in itself...especially with the amount of leaves YOU get in your yard! I love the closeness you and your hubby share, it's wonderful:-) xoxo

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

There is nothing more fun than jumping into a huge pile of leaves and boy do you have a lot of leaves! My kids always did their grandparents yards when we lived in Nebraska. We had huge Linden, Elm, Maples, etc... I miss the glorious colors :( That was a really nice surprise for your hubby!

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Man, for 14 years us kids slaved away at picking up those leaves and mowing the lawn... now dad has to do it for like what, 3 years and he's already worn out??? Ok, so maybe we didn't slave persay... and maybe it's been a little longer than three years... all i'm saying is where was this angel when we needed him?????

 
At 12:53 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Chrystal, if I remember right, we paid you guys more than what this sweet angel is asking for...lol

...and Dad doesn't remember you all helping out that much. hehe!

 
At 1:00 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Boy, do I remember raking leaves as a child. Now, my husband and I only have one small oak and it doesn't lose a single leaf. No jumping in a pile for me. Boo hoo.

 
At 3:27 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

that is so sweet that your hubby left you a note thanking you!! How lucky you are!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home