Just The Two of Us: When Friends Meet...Hearts Warm
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

When Friends Meet...Hearts Warm myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com
Woke up early this morning so I could get a jump start on some of the projects that I want to accomplish. The weather is a bit cooler; a welcome change with a lowing in humidity levels to 20% here in Florida. I will relish getting caught up on some much needed yard work around my house, but today I am taking the chain saw and heading over to the rental property and going to trim and weed the Court yard in front of the townhouse so that I can pressure wash Thursday. It is coming along, slowly but surely. :) Our high today is forcasted at 88 degrees. Our sunrise is set at about 7:20 am these days.

Today, I wanted to just tell you all how much your friendship means to me. This whole blogging thing has been delightfully enlightening, and extremely fulfilling! I have met some of the most wonderful, creative, inspirational, sweet and kind Christian people and could not be more touched. On the other hand, I have been moved by people who have brought me to tears with their heart wrenching stories. The kind of stories that make you break out the kleenex, that leave you in awe, that make you say "there is hope", people are still good. I have obtained some yummy delicious recipes, hints, tips and jokes that made me laugh! I have enlarged my personal icon so you can see what it says, "When friends meet...hearts warm".

When my daughter Chrystal started blogging, I was a bit unsure whether or not I thought this was a good idea. "You're going to journal about your everyday personal life online"??? Out there for everyone to see? Well, obviously I got a little more than interested I decided to play too.

It is funny, before I started blogging I was teetering with the idea of wanting to play; I was reading all of the wonderful blogs, completely charmed and amazed by the wide variety of styles and personalities out there in blogland. Now that I find myself ankle deep in blogging, it tickles me to read your comments, whether they make me see things from a different perspective, help me with a problem, or just make me smile. More than often, someone will make me laugh and that is just the best too.

I've always liked to think of friendship as a chain link. Each of us representing one link in the chain; each link touching another, depending on one another, and only as strong as the weakest link. So therefore, by taking care that being the weakest, our circle will never go unbroken... We sometimes never realize the profound way we may have touched another just by a simplest act of kindness. It's nice to know when you need a friend...you've got a one! :)

So it is just the two of us, thankful that we have met friends that have warmed our hearts!

19 Comments:

At 12:57 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Good luck getting everything done. I love your little pictures.

 
At 1:13 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Pamela,
Although I never thought of it in just those terms, blogging is really a friendship chain.
I've been thinking of how we all tie together in so many ways, and this is a great analogy.
So glad you're one of the "links" :-)
((hugs))

 
At 1:49 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Good morning Pamela:-) Loved this post...when I started blogging back in March, little did I know of the many wonderful friendships I would get from it! My heart is full of love and caring for all of you and I love the way we can share our everyday thoughts with one another. I'm soooo glad we've "met" through blogging:-) Hugs xoxo

 
At 1:51 PM, Blogger Linda said...

That is so beautifully and sincerely written Pamela. I feel very much the same way about blogging. I think that's why I'm having trouble keeping it balanced with all the other things I have to do. I was praying about that this morning. I know right now things are out of kilter. However, I don't want to neglect the wonderful friends, you especially, I have made during this process. Your words have touched my life in a very special way.
Now....CHAIN SAW!! POWER WASH!!! You are absolutely terrific. I just sort of watch my husband do those things. Be careful.
We are having about the same kind of weather here in Texas. Isn't it a welcome change? We actually have the windows open this morning. Our bike ride was refreshing instead of "torture". I love it when it's like this!!
Now....I must turn off the computer (or at least put it in standby mode) and get some things done around here!!! My husband gave me a great idea for a post, but I'm not going to let myself write until the breakfast dishes are done, the bed made, the bird bath cleaned out, and my piano lesson done (and most important - my Bible Study lesson).
Have a productive, wonderful day dear friend.

 
At 1:55 PM, Blogger Susie said...

You said such beautiful words. I hope you know how your blog brightens our day too!

 
At 1:58 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I remember having the same reaction to blogging as you had when my daughters began the process. I was appalled that they'd write personal stuff for the (drum roll) I N T E R N E T!! Then I, too, got intrigued and they just about passed out when I asked for help in creating one. Now I'm amazed at how much I look forward to connecting with my new "friends" every day. I don't quite understand it, but I certainly do enjoy it.

 
At 5:01 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I want you to stay my friend...so you be careful with that there chain saw...ya hear???
:-D

 
At 5:02 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Yes, I felt the same way and now, I love it so much and I have new friends who are so full of life with great stories to share. Thank you!

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Rae said...

This was beautifully written and very touching. You really are just a sweetheart and I admire your heart. =) Although I'm not new to the blogging world, I'm new to Blogger..and I can honestly say you're the first person I felt has whole-heartedly welcomed me, and I thank you very much for that. I'm very glad to have stumbled across your page somehow!

Good luck on getting everything done. I wish I was in Florida for the Winter, I think I've had enough snow to last me a lifetime! ;)

 
At 9:46 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Pamela,

I couldn't agree with you more. You are such a welcoming part of this world, too. I think the blogging world gives us one more way of paying it forward.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Aaww what a sweet post! We do meet some wonderful people blogging huh?! :)

 
At 3:07 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alright now youwre the one making me tear up a little to have found a friend as great as you- you chainsawing, powerwashing woman, you!!

 
At 5:56 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

Thank you for the birthday greeting! I am way behind and haven't been able to do the meme yet. I feel the same way about blogging, and am trying to keep it under control. But it is so much fun to read everyone's take on life. I am in awe of the spiritual insights I get, the laughter they bring, the tears I have shed. Thanks for being a new cyber friend.

 
At 12:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pamela ~ A lovely post about how we all feel about blogging. It is
amazing how we all seem to feel the same way about each other. I like the
"friendship chain" idea. Thanks for your comments about Fireman Ben, a nice story. My brother Peter had his
own blog, holtieshouse.blogspot.com/ if you would like to visit Take care my friend, Cheers, Merle.

 
At 2:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog is awesome! I am so glad to meet you. Thank you for your sweet comments! God bless and have an awesome day.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What a sweet post:) I'm glad you enlarged your personal icon so we can read it:) I love all your little pictures!!!

 
At 10:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful ωеbsite. Lots оf helpful іnfo heгe.
I'm sending it to several friends ans also sharing in delicious. And naturally, thank you for your effort!

Also visit my web blog ClickRead

 
At 11:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woah! Ӏ'm really loving the template/theme of this website. It's
simple, уet effective. A lοt of times it's very hard to get that "perfect balance" between usability and appearance. I must say that you've ԁone
a аmazing jоb with this. Alѕo, thе blоg loadѕ extremely quick for mе on Safarі.
Excеllent Blοg!

Feel freе to ѵisіt my wеb рage
- MintedPoker Bonus

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Αftеr I inіtiallу lеft
а comment I seem to haѵe clіckеԁ the -Nоtify me when new comments are addeԁ-
checkbox and noω еvery time a commеnt іs aԁԁed I get 4 еmails with the eхact
sаme comment. Is thегe a means you can remove me fгom that service?
Αppreciаte it!

Here іs my wеbpage: Seе Mоre
::
::

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home