Just The Two of Us: Five Ingredients Friday ~ Cheesecake
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Friday, September 22, 2006

Five Ingredients Friday ~ Cheesecake myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Fluffy Cheesecake

For any of you who remember the old Woolworth stores, well
they served an incredible cheesecake that people just couldn't
get enough of, and these people would beg for the recipe,
just to be told it was a secret.
Well bloggy friends I am here to share the delights!


Five Ingredients:
  • graham cracker crust
  • 1 pkg lemon Jello
  • 1 8 oz pkg philadelphia cream cheese
  • 1 C sugar
  • 1 can Pet brand milk


Preparation:

Optional ~ Make your own crust: Crush 30 graham crackers in food processor or zipped baggie; mix with melted butter and form crust in 9 x 13 pan; set aside.

Dissolve 1 package lemon Jello in 1 C hot water. Cream together cheese with 1 C sugar. Add mixture to syrupy Jello. Whip 1 large can Pet brand milk. (chill before whipping) Add to cheese and pour into prepared graham cracker crust and chill.

Sending out a big *thank you* to Overwhelmed With Joy for letting me participate in her Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange that she is hosting. Click on the link to get more great recipes.

Exciting News: Overwhelmed With Joy is hosting a new ~ Holiday Recipes Blogger Style Exchange with no limit on ingredients, click on the link on my sidebar and get all the details, as it is planned for 10/02. Then you can get your own cute button that you can place it in your sidebar if you would like to join us. It is a wonderful way to meet people and obtain new holiday recipes! :)

So it's Just the two of us hoping you tempt your taste buds with a taste of the old Five n' Dime Woolworth Harvest House Cheesecake, it's light, and fluffy and will melt in your mouth and fill your senses with joy!
If you missed my recipe for Cream Puffs click here

25 Comments:

At 3:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, that looks so good and is simple enough to make for dessert tonight. Thanks so much for sharing!

 
At 3:32 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Oh yummy! This looks sooooo good. I'll be adding this to the menu one night next week. Thanks for sharing!

And thanks for the plug for my Holiday Cooking, Blogger Style recipe exchange. I do appreciate it.

Now hurry over and link your cheesecake recipe on my Five Ingredient Friday (caramel apple butter) post so that you can get top billing. :)

 
At 3:34 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

FYI- your sidebar is actually on the bottom of your blog paige now. It looks as though your pretty and sparkly HUGS heart caused that, but I can't be sure. :)

 
At 4:28 AM, Blogger Rae said...

You are too sweet! I will have to find some pictures to put up this weekend sometime, and thank you for the welcome!

I just have to say that I'm trying this recipe out tomorrow, cheesecake is my #3 favorite food ever (yes I have a numbered list =p).. thanks for sharing! It looks delicious! =)

 
At 5:43 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

let me know if my sidebar is still at the bottom of the page

 
At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ~~ Recipe looks great, and your sidebar is on the side. Sorry you had that awful mess to clean up.
Thanks for your comments. Abraham Lincoln gets another mention in my next post. Take care, Cheers, Merle.

 
At 11:50 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

This looks fantastic. I LOVE cheesecake. Can't wait to try it. I'm glad tiny URL helped you out. :o)

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger TJ said...

you warned me...but I came by anyway...that cheesecake sounds simular to what my highschool best friends mother used to make...she would top hers with blueberries...nummy!
I'm going to copy the recipe and try it later...for now I can just dream, dream, dream....

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger Jenn said...

I *LOVE* cheesecake! Pet brand milk? Is that sweetened condensed?

 
At 2:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds greaaat...I love cheesecake....I will have tomake this soooon.
Jen

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

It is evaporated milk another brand name is Carnation. It always sits right next to the sweetened condensed milk. :)

 
At 2:29 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I love cheesecake! Yummm! Thanks for sharing!

Is the PET brand milk the same thing as Carnation condensed milk or is it evaporated milk?

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Cheesecake is my favorite! And this is easy to make. Thank you so much for sharing it!

 
At 4:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yum-O!!!!

Oh, and the focaccia bread from my
post is Italian! It is my Nanna's recipe passed down through generations from Milan, Italy. (Although it was I who added the used of a food processor!)

 
At 5:05 PM, Blogger lightshines said...

Oh Yum! I love cheesecake. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

That sounds so cheese-cakey and delicious!! Mmm.mmm! Thank you for sharing! :-)

 
At 6:46 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Of course I remember the Woolworth's 5&10¢ stores! This sounds delish and I'm pretty sure it's the same one Mom used to make. Haven't tried it in yrs though!
Thanks so much for your prayers and concern about my husband. Your friendship is truly appreciated!
((hugs))
PS Your sidebar looks fine to me...

 
At 6:50 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Now this is a holiday treasure! Yum!

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

That's it! I'm callin' Richard Simmons...oh what the heck, forget it, gimme a piece of that cheesecake!!!! I LOVE cheesecake so I'll be trying this one for sure! Yum yum yum! I had heard about Overwhelmed having the Holiday Cooking recipe exchange and I'll certainly be participating:-) Have so many cookies and squares I make faithfully every Christmas! Hugs xox

 
At 7:47 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Pamela, I think I want you to come and stay with me for awhile and cook (and bake too). You have the yummiest recipes.

 
At 7:59 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

MMMM. Looks so yummy and easy. Doesn't fit too well with my quest to lost those same 40 pounds again!

Thanks for the kind words. They mean so much to me. It was a very difficult bunch of years, and we do still need to hold him up daily, because Satan does not like it that my son has pulled away from his grip.

About my new look - Kristen (daughter) is the talented one who found it and loaded it for me. She's really good at this technology stuff. I just take advantage of her!

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Amy said...

All I can say is ~ YUMMERS! I think I'll talk my hubby into making that for me ;o)

 
At 8:37 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I love your new background! Very pretty. I'm dreading all the leaves falling off the trees and the big snow storms hitting. I think it's time to move somewhere where it doesn't snow..again! ;)

 
At 10:59 PM, Blogger Leslie said...

Are there 2 more beautiful words in the English language? Fluffy cheesecake.
I see you're in Tampa...I'm in Gainesville most of the time, but we bounce around with my husband's work. We're in the panhandle right now. I actually know someone in Tampa that was a property lawyer at one point!
Enjoy this weather! :)

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for clearing up for me about the milk :) I thought it was the same thing as carnation - I just didn't know if it was supposed to be evaporated or condensed :)

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home