Just The Two of Us: A Shower of Activities
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, September 25, 2006

A Shower of Activities myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Feel like I've been caught up in a little white tornado...go, go, go! Made tons of progress on the rental property! Put a fresh coat of white paint on the entryway and the hallway. What a difference! The thing that I was most pleased with was taking down all the floor to ceiling wallpaper that covered three walls off of the kitchen, it was really in bad shape. Oh my word, was that a job! I was glad when the very last strip of paper was finally removed, however, so much of it took the plaster off so I speckled over it and hope it will all sand out smooth so I can paint but it looks rough...if you have any tips ~ give me a shout out! lol

'myspace
Raced home, showered and ran across the street to my neighbor Barbara's house for a bridal shower for Heather. Heather is my DIL, Renee's sister, and is getting married to our neighbors son Matt, who lived across the street while he was growing up. He spent so much time at our house that he didn't even knock when he would come over. I tease them and say, "Does this mean that we are related by marriage now".

The shower was fun! One of the games we played, we were put in groups of four women, and given two rolls of toilet paper and asked to dress one of the women as a "bride". Our bride won! We did her up in a cute little strapless number complete with a long train and a Chantilly lace bow; she even had a veil! We also played the game where you have to answer as many questions as you can about the bride. Then, we were given a index card and told to list a fond memory we have with the bride and groom to be, and on the other side they wanted us to give our best advice for the couple for after they are married. It was a lovely time, and I really enjoyed it. The wedding is in October; just a few weeks away, should be fun!!!

Just the two of us had fun watching the Buc's football game Sunday afternoon. Dennis took Cadillac Williams off his NFL fantasy roster cause he has been injured and right before the game they said Williams looked fantastic and should be the NFL fantasy pick of the day! Not only did Williams score but Galloway (my pick that everybody likes to rib me about, saying he's too old) scored too! The Buc's came back from a 17 pt. deficit, due largely to three turn overs. Lost a close one in the end...26 ~ 24 by a field goal. The real heartbreaking news came later when our son Kevin phoned to say that Chris Simms, the Buc's quarterback had to be rushed to the hospital after the game for ruptured spleen surgery, in which they removed his spleen. It is about the size of a fist and is located under the left ribcage, it is used to fight off infection and just sometimes can rip. So that meant Simms had really been playing in severe pain for almost the whole game. He will be out for at least 3 months.


So Now it is just the two of us soaking our feet and hoping your days are filled with activities that keep you going! By the way if you get a chance drop by and check out some great looking meme's that these blog friends I tagged yesturday did ~ Susie, Larae and Linda. They all did a great job!

15 Comments:

At 3:30 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Wow, it sounds like you had a busy day! I love your football "reporting", you do a way better job than I could ever do!

As for all the wallpaper stuff, sanding it should smooth it out quite a bit. I know I'll be very busy painting + fixing holes in walls, etc. in the next week or two, my mom bought a new house so I'm helping her out..I'd be painting my new place (I move on the 1st!) as well, but it's just a temp for 6 months..oh the joy of moving! ;)

I hope it all works out well for you, I know spackling over rough areas then sanding was all I've ever had to do, or else I'd have a tip for you!

Oh, and about the shower.. I was a "victim" of the very same game when I was younger, I had to be one of the brides. I love cutesy bridal + baby shower games! =)

 
At 3:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The bridal shower sounds like it was fun. I'm glad you had a good time.

Thanks for visiting my page today. :)

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Thanks for the link to my blog. You are so sweet. I love the idea of writing down advice for the bride and groom. I am always hosting baby showers for friends, so I will definitely use that idea.

 
At 3:47 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Sounds like a fun bridal shower. Someone sent me an email of bridal gowns made of TP. They were absolutely amazing!
Your rental cleanup sounds like it's coming right along. I'm sure you'll be glad when it's finished..
((hugs))

 
At 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Pamela ~ You sure have been busy
but it will all look great when it is
finished. The shower sounded fun and I like the idea of giving the couple advice, as we do learn a few things as we go along. I liked the Oops joke too and have experienced it. I had a mastectomy 27 years ago and even then they used marker pens and before my op
they put a big X on the WRONG breast.
Oops ! Take care, Merle.

 
At 12:43 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I will definitely do the word game later this week. I had already done the birthday one when I was tagged. Thanks for the greetings! I was thinking you must be up and at it really early, then remembered that you're in Florida and 2 hours later than here.

I got up really early today and made caramel roll, which I think I've done every year on my birthday since I've worked here. Wish you could join me for one!

Have a great day - relax a bit. I need to remove wallpaper in my own house and start over, but I dread it with a passion - the old body doesn't do that stuff as well as it used to, as you noticed by my post today!

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

You sure have been busy! Sounds like the shower was a lot of fun! There was something similar at my baby shower - all the guests wrote advice for me on index cards - I loved it! They're all in my scrapbook now!

We heard about Simms' last night too and couldn't believe he came back in the game in the 4th quarter to lead them on that TD drive; unbelievable.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I can't tell you how many times I've removed wallpaper, but I can tell you it's a major chore every time. Glad you finally got that off the wall.

Have a slower-paced and wonderful Monday.

 
At 5:18 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Whew Pamela!! I think some seasons of life are just that way, too much to do in too little time. It sounds like you are making good progress. I suppose you could texture the walls. I don't know what that would involve, but I think it creates a huge mess. That's the thing about remodeling or sprucing things up - you have to make a mess first!!
Poor Chris Simms. I seriously think football is getting a bit out of hand. I'm afraid we're going to see someone fatally injured some day right there in the middle of a game.
Have a great day. We actually have the a.c. off and the windows open. Halleluliah!! It isn't in the nineties. I love this weather.
Thank you again for the tag and the little "plug" again today. You're a precious friend.

 
At 5:39 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Now that wedding shower did sound like some good time fun!!
:-D

 
At 11:08 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What a busy weekend. If you'd like to do some more painting feel free to come on over. ;o)

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger on the Rock said...

Oh! Shower! 'Til now I was wondering if it was raining where you were! LOL
Rentals are quite the project, it sounds like you've got alot done already. By the way, I think football would be tons more fun to watch if it was as your little clipart, sitting in a hot tub while watching it. Although, there's only so much tubbing you can do 'cuz a football game lasts atleast 3 hours. ha, ha...

 
At 11:31 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I would go help you paint...but...ummm...I have to wash my hair! hehe Sounds like you're really getting that place back into shape!! I love showers, be it bridal or baby, and always enjoy the games...always so much laughing that goes on:-) You now have the wedding to look forward to...lovely!! Hope you can take time to relax soon:-) Hugs xox

 
At 1:50 AM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

It sounds like it was fun and relaxing. Sigh.... we all need those weekends!

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Pamela ~ Thanks for your comments. And yes, I soon told them that the marker was on the wrong breast. Just as well I was alert and not zonked out with pre -op drugs.
Thanks for your concern. Cheers, Merle.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home