Just The Two of Us: Iced Pumpkin Bars
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Friday, October 20, 2006

Iced Pumpkin Bars myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Iced Pumpkin Bars

These are yummy Pumpkin Bars, and just perfect for the season.
I do like to add raisins and pecans to mine but that is up to you!
Here is the recipe. Hope you get a chance to make it, they are
so yummy! Perfect with warm Apple Cider, don't forget the
cinnamon stick for your Cider. lol

Ingredients:

1/3 c. oil
2 large eggs
1 c. sugar
1 c. pumpkin
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1 tsp. salt
1 1/4 c. all purpose flour

Preparation:

In a medium bowl cream oil, eggs, sugar, pumpkin, spice, baking powder, and salt. Add flour. stirring well til smooth. Spray 9 inch pan with Pam cooking spray. Pour batter into pan; bake 30 minutes in preheated oven set @ 350 degrees. Let cool, before icing.

Frosting
1/2 c. cream cheese
3 tbs. unsalted butter
1 3/4 c. powdered sugar
1 tsp. vanilla extract


Preparation:

In medium bowl beat cream cheese, butter, sugar and vanilla till smooth. Frost your bars and sprinkle pecans on top, as an option. Cut into bars.


Well, you probably noticed there are a few more ingredients this week, and that is because most of us that participate in the recipe exchange have measuring cups that are running dry, when it comes to new recipes with only five ingredients that haven't been used by other bloggers. So, hope you enjoy recipe with a few more ingredients but keeping it simple all the same. I know I am all for keeping it simple but interesting too! lol

Update: Seems that our host has not posted as of 10:00 am, my time, she is a very busy lady. So I will keep checking, meanwhile, enjoy the Iced Pumpkin Bar recipe.
Sending out a big *thank you* to Overwhelmed With Joy for letting me participate in her Five Ingredient's Friday recipe exchange that she is hosting. Click on the link to get more great recipes.

If you missed my recipes for: Cream Puffs click here
Cheesecake click here
Oatmeal Barley Soup click here
Holiday Recipe Blogger Style/Merinque Wreaths click here

So, it's just the two of us doing a little bit of baking and enjoying the season and hoping you are feeling something pleasin'.

19 Comments:

At 3:16 AM, Blogger Lori said...

This looks very good! I might have to give this a try.

 
At 3:51 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I'm going to email you on this one!

 
At 4:24 AM, Blogger Pamela said...

Oh Sue, that is just so funny, I am still laughing, nothing like keeping it simple. lol

 
At 11:18 AM, Blogger Susie said...

These sound yummy. It is hard to find recipes with only 5 ingredients. I am impressed you have found several already. This would have been a good recipe for my fall bunco theme I did last night.

 
At 1:37 PM, Blogger TJ said...

This sounds like a great recipe for the season...I'm sitting here enjoying a Golden Delisious apple while blogger is being a biddy...very s-l-o-w...
:-D

 
At 3:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh this sounds sooooo good. Will have to try it :)

Thanks for sharing :)

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Mmmmm....they sound great. Maybe I'll fix those tonight for our evening of carving pumpkins and lighting a fire. I was trying to figure out a fun treat to make for my kids for our fallish evening. :-)

 
At 4:54 PM, Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Sounds very interesting.

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger The Mama said...

This looks like a great treat! I will have to try it, but I need to run out and get some pumpkin first!

Thanks for coming by my blog, it's always nice to meet new people!

Alice

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I think it's time for me to go buy some pumpkin! I'm definitely going to make these!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Barb said...

These really do sound good. And you're right - perfect time of the year for them. I'll be trying these.

 
At 8:53 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

These sound great. I love pumpkin!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Linda said...

Yummy!! They look so good, and of course they must have pecans and raisins. What a combination (and I said I was going to start dieting today - oh well...)
Have a great weekend!

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Rae said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 9:58 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Yummy! My entire family would go crazy for these. I've been looking for a recipe with pumpkin in it lately and completely forgot about pumpkin bars, which are my mom's favorite. Thanks for sharing, I'll be baking them this weekend! =)

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

This recipe sounds yummy! I seem to like anything pumpkiny except pumpkin pie. I know it's weird.

I'm behind again, so just caught up with the 50th anniversary celebrations. Sounds like you had great times with family. Celebrating those long marriages is such a privilege.

 
At 10:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yummy! I LOVE pumpkin!

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OK, now my mouth is watering. Pumpkin is one of my all time favorite foods. I will eat pumpkin anything. I can't wait to try this one.

 
At 10:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, I think I may have found something to make for Bailey's Halloween party with this great recipe. Thanks so much for sharing!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home