Just The Two of Us: Our Love Story ~ Part II
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Our Love Story ~ Part II myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


If you missed reading the beginning of "Our Love Story", scroll down and read that first...then come back up here and read Part II,


Our Love Story
That Began 27 Years Ago
Part II
continued...
Months later, Danny and I had a date at the Rain Forrest shortly after Valentine's Day. He had plans to go pick up his sister who was coming in from Hawaii... and so he was going to leave me at the Rain Forrest with my friend Dotty. As he was leaving, he leaned down over my chair and kissed me, and just at that moment, and to my astonishment, my knight in shining armor walked through the Rain Forrest doors and saw us kiss... My heart dropped, and it was as if time had stopped, the one man that I had truly felt in my heart, something bigger than I could even put to words, had a crushed and devastated look that pierced through my soul, I suddenly realized he was turning around to leave and...,

I quick pleaded with Dotty to go get him and she and I gave each other a knowing look of understanding. To my relief, it wasn't long before she returned with my handsome blond knight in shining armor, Denny..., only he sat way down on the end of the very long table, it was awkward, and I knew I better do some quick explaining about that kiss. In no time, he started to relax and we talked and laughed and eventually we took our evening over to the Country Kitchen restaurant that was just down the street. Where later, I broke up with Danny, right then and there, (not my style at all) telling him I really hoped he understood that I thought this was the one...

Denny finally asked me out for a date, on a night that I already had a date, that I cared nothing about, but my consciousness at this point, wouldn't let me get away with one more rude thing, so I explained, "Oh, I would love to go out with you, but I already have plans", and then quickly reintegrated that I was free the next evening. So, he accepted this, a bit thrown back, but we were going out.

"Our first date", was everything you could imagine. He came to pick me up at my apartment so I buzzed him up, and I almost melted when I saw he was wearing a three piece black suit that looked so good on him with his blond hair; I was dolled up in a cute little black floral sundress. As soon as he stepped in, I asked if he could help me slip the matching sleeveless vest on. Denny's recollection of this was that I was half dressed and he got so weak in the knees that he almost lost his confidence..., if I ever! I get so upset every time he tells his version, Men! Like I would come to the door half dressed.

He took me out to the Colonial House and he ordered Chateaubriand For Two, a little bubbly, (even though we rarely drink but maybe once a year now). He was the perfect gentlemen, he pulled out my chair, was a great conversationalist, listened and spoke not just of himself but showed interest in me, and we laughed that was the best part. It was a perfect "first date".

On the second date he took me rollerskating, now I did have some talent here, in fact I could swirl around and do the Waltz or if need be, shoot the duck in Limbo, he was like a duck out of water; he'd swing his arms like he was doing cross country skiing. I was gagging, and it took a lot to stiffle my pride and act like I knew him...no, it was so cute and it made my heart swell. It was sweet that he was even attempting to skate after learning it was something I liked to do, and that he was doing this all for me, it definitely wasn't his thing. We went out each and every night that week, well almost...I stood him up the third day, as my car got snowed in at a girlfriends house. He was surprisingly suspicious of this but it was the honest truth. On the fifth date I let him come up to my apartment for about ten minutes and he kissed me for the first time, it was like no other kiss I had ever experienced, it almost made me dizzy and certainly left me a bit light headed. lol On the seventh date, he took me to a play called Spectrum '79. Afterward, we sat on my couch and he was showing me a photo album of his ten (10) brother's and sister's. (I have one brother)He explained that his family was a very important part of his life as he was the oldest and did I think I could remember all those faces, because he would like me to become a part of his life and his family's life, and then asked, "Will you marry me". I was floored, and in a state of blissful shock, my mind was racing, I couldn't believe he was proposing on what was only our seventh date! I was oscillating between euphoria and holy toletoness. (I know it's not a word) I did the only thing I could think of to do, I threw my arms around him trembling with joy and cried tears of happiness....Three days later, he caught me on a swing and said, "hey, you did say "yes," didn't you"? (Still can't get much past Denny to this day) hehe! I said"most definitely, "yes" right then and there!"

We waited a couple of weeks to tell our folks our exciting news. I will never forget what his sweet Dad said in this authoritative voice, "Oh, Denny, it's just infatuation; you're not really in love"! My parents, were just as bad, in fact, they thought it was my older boyfriend Danny, the names sounded so much alike, and even when I straightened things out, they thought we were rushing it way to fast.

Just the two of us made a pact to spend every minute of every day we possibly could during our short 4 month engagement, you know in case one of us wanted to bail. lol During our engagement, the oddest thing happened, a guy that used to follow me every now and then, and kind of gave me the creeps, actually showed up at my door, I had never gone out with him, didn't know his name, and couldn't believe he figured out where I lived. (This is bad) I told Denny that I was going to handle this once and for all while he was here as my back up thug, hehe! I told Denny to get in my closet and hide, while I let the guy up and told him I was engaged and I didn't know what his problem was...he tried to give me this song and dance about having cancer and wanting me to marry him and if I did he would make me rich. and it was the creepiest thing I have ever experienced. I got rid of him, when he heard something in the other room and I told him it was my fiance'. I ran to let Denny out of my closet just in the Nick of time before I thought he was going to pass out from the fumes of my dirty clothes in the bottom of my closet...he looked a bit green around the collar. We laugh about it to this day. I am a very clean person and like my home clean but laundry has always been my nemesis.

It didn't help that we moved the wedding date up a couple of months to June of that year, lol, the Pastor had already booked an event so, Denny said "well, you always wanted to be a June bride"! All I knew was, I couldn't wait to marry my knight is shining armor!

So it is just the two of us hoping you will join us for part III, Our Wedding and Honeymoon!

17 Comments:

At 3:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a wonderful story and great pictures to go with it. Thanks for making me smile! Here is to many more years together!!

 
At 6:38 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Wow, it's like reliving my childhood all over again... no matter how many times you guys tell me this story, it never gets old!!! Congrats on 27 years together!

 
At 12:50 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Loved reading Part II!
Isn't it funny how men remember things just a bit differently? I was noticing that on someone else's love story!
Can't wait for part III!!
((hugs))

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I'm loving this story! Can't wait for Part III.

You're right - that other guy was really creepy.

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Aaaccckkkk!! You did it AGAIN!! lol This better not be a 10 part story! Of course you know I'm just teasing you....loved this second part of your love story and I'm so amazed at all the details you remember!! Hugs xoxo

 
At 7:04 PM, Blogger Barb said...

I'm amazed at all the details you remember, too. And that guy that was stalking you? That sounds downright scarey, let alone creepy.

OK. When part III coming up?

 
At 7:11 PM, Blogger Mall Worker said...

Got caught up on the story, and it is just wonderful! I can't wait for part 3!

 
At 7:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awwww! Glad the "knight" won out.

I was amazed at the details, too! I remember specifically our first date and a few others, but not the first seven in a row.

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

People remark all the time over what a good memory I have and I think the reason I remember our first week of dating so well, is that we only dated for a week before he proposed! haha! Then too, things mean a lot to me and I also tell myself, "oh, I hope I can remember this". Thanks for sharing the love!

 
At 7:56 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

People remark all the time over what a good memory I have and I think the reason I remember our first week of dating so well, is that we only dated for a week before he proposed! haha! Then too, things mean a lot to me and I also tell myself, "oh, I hope I can remember this". Thanks for sharing the love!

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

It's fun to read your story... I love the pictures!!!

 
At 10:54 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

Great story so far! We got engaged on roller skates, as you can find on my side bar, Of Roller Skates and Diamond Rings, during August. I was NOT a good roller skater, as you'll learn if you have a chance to read it.

He is a handsome blonde, just like my guy. We were lots older, but got married that quickly as well.

I graduated from high school in Ralston, just outside of Omaha. We had lots of Offutt AFB families and young guys in our church. Dad was the pastor.

 
At 10:55 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Your story is absolutely adorable. And wow, 7 dates huh? That's amazing! More power to you both for making it all these years that most people probably thought you wouldn't. I love a good love story, and this is definitely one of them! I can't wait to tell my future children a story like this =)

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Oh, and just so you know..I've got my moving post up now too and I used your tips! Thanks so much for sharing them =)

 
At 2:18 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Fabulous Part II. I'm really enjoying your love story. You've got a way with words.

Now, I'm off to read Part III.

 
At 7:20 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

it's been fun reading about your courtship!

 
At 8:26 PM, Blogger Shalee said...

Oh, this is a great story. Off to read Part 3 now...

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home