Just The Two of Us: Parents Living in a High Tech World
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Friday, August 18, 2006

Parents Living in a High Tech World myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Please page down to view Friday's Five Ingredients recipe - Mushroom Barley Soup. This is a recipe echange that is being hosted by Overwhelmed With Joy, afterwards, click on the link and view other wonderful recipes, as well. It's a great way to obtain and try new interesting recipes.


With plans to spend the day with my Mom, who is the sweetest, kindest, and doesn't have a bad bone in her body, Mom. I fully intended to get up early, so as to be ready, for whatever lay ahead, and wouldn't you know I overslept and quickly realized I had also missed four phone calls in an effort to wake me up. hehe We did have a lovely day together. Today, she really wanted to see the blog I had been telling her about. She was so amazed with the whole bloggy thing. I showed her a couple of other blogs I had bookmarked as favorites I enjoy reading and she couldn't believe it, along with the incredible blog my daughter Chrystal is writing. Some of the blogs are moving and exciting, and others heartbreaking with stories of everyday life, fantastic adoptions stories, one of which, required a box of kleenex close at hand, so real and so incredibly touching.

I am hoping it will be the one more reason I need for persuading my Mom to purchase a laptop of her own. It looks promising, and then, she talks herself out of it. She is sure she will hit a wrong button and "poof" everything will go away. I know the whole idea can be intimidating, with pros and cons, but oh, to have the world at your hands...you know what I'm talking about! On the other hand, she stays very busy with herchurch,volunteering from everything from cooking, to watching babies in the nursery, to minding the church office. She said she just about hit the ceiling when the fax started printing and noone else was in the room! ha ha

My Father-in-Law, took the plunge and purchased a computer last year and I can't believe how well he gets around now. He loves to check on his stocks, read the news and just keep in touch with friends and family. Why, he gets more funny jokes forwarded to him from his friends than he does spam. Isn't that just awesome! Senior citizens that adapt to change, have a hobby, challenge their minds with a crossword puzzle or even a good book, they say, live not only a longer life, but a more quality filled life.

Both my Mother-in-law, and my Mom are incredibly busy ladies. I have always said it is pretty bad when you can't keep up with either of your Moms. Den's Mom loves to garden and can fresh veggies from her garden. Which, is the size of an average public pool. She is a great cook and we always look forward to enjoying a delicious meal at her house. We would just love to wish our parents a happy 100th some day, and at this rate I firmly believe they are on their way.

So it is just the two of us enjoying a bowl of Mushroom Barley Soup. Remember to check out the recipe below, and leave me a comment so I know you visited, thanks.

4 Comments:

At 12:31 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Your post made me laugh. I remember when my dad taught college and he thought computers were destroying the world.

Now that he is retired he spends much of his time on his computer and even has his own politically conservative mailing list! (He was also a super liberal while a professor).

Life changes and we accomodate our lives to many of the changes. I have to agree with my Dad though, that life seems much faster and less personal nowadays. I enjoy your blog.

 
At 12:31 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Your post made me laugh. I remember when my dad taught college and he thought computers were destroying the world.

Now that he is retired he spends much of his time on his computer and even has his own politically conservative mailing list! (He was also a super liberal while a professor).

Life changes and we accomodate our lives to many of the changes. I have to agree with my Dad though, that life seems much faster and less personal nowadays. I enjoy your blog.

 
At 8:52 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and celebrating in a good first day of school for us :)

My mom and her siblings purchased a computer for their parents' 50th wedding anniversary. Now my grandfather emails us and keeps up with us via my blog (my grandma won't touch it, but she views over his shoulder!)

 
At 1:12 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Kathleen, there's got to be a blog right there...liberal Professor turned conservative :) Yes, it's like we have traded the front porch for the computer but at least we can keep in touch with loved ones that live so far away.

Michelle, I love that your Gma looks over your Gpa's shoulder...how sweet.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home