Just The Two of Us: Its Five Ingredients Friday...Soups On!
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Its Five Ingredients Friday...Soups On! myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Mushroom Barley Soup

This is a hearty; savory soup recipe that my family just loves, it's aroma fills the house and welcomes you home...um mm

Five Ingredients:
  • 1 lb fresh button mushrooms
  • 1 onion (I like Vidalia)
  • 5 strips of thick sliced bacon
  • 1 11 oz. box Quaker Quick Pearled Barley
  • 1 32 oz. box beef broth


Preparation:

In a large dutch oven style pot, saute' diced onion over med-hi heat, thoroughly wash and slice mushrooms in half, add and brown just slightly, prepare bacon by sandwiching strips between two paper towels (four towels total to absorb grease) on a paper plate (microwave 5 min) tear cooled strips into small bite size pieces and add to pot, add remaining ingredients and pour in 2-3 cups water accordingly. Season with salt, pepper and garlic to taste. Cook on med-hi for 20 to 30 min and then simmer till you holler Yummy, yummy, yummy...SOUPS ON! :)

Sending out a big *thank you* to Overwhelmed With Joy for letting me participate in her Five Ingredient Friday recipe exchange that she is hosting.

7 Comments:

At 1:35 PM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Okay, I absolutely love soup recipes! I'm printing this one out so that I can make it when the weather cools off a bit. Thanks so much for sharing!

Oh, and nice picture that you attached to show the soup. :)

 
At 1:36 PM, Blogger Eagles Wings said...

Oh I love soup recipes...I can't wait to try this one.
thanks for sharing...
Blessings
Deborah

 
At 3:44 PM, Blogger Sandra said...

I LOVE soup recipes, and with fall just around the corner, I'm always on the look out for new ones. This one sounds delicious :)

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sounds delicious. Can't wait for cooler weather to try it.

 
At 11:01 AM, Blogger Trisha said...

This recipe makes me wish for the cooler weather of fall. Can't wait to try it!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

I love mushrooms and onions so this sounds like a winner to me! Thanks!

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I like soup recipes too...thanks for sharing!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home