Just The Two of Us: Tales to Treasure
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, February 26, 2007

Tales to Treasure myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


You're Full of Blarney

is a fiction writing contest designed for the Grand Opening of

The Open Window

Which is being hosted by Kathleen Marie, of Stranded By The Mountain
If you aren't sure what Blarney is, she has provided
a helpful dictionary explanation!

Blarney
1796, from Blarney Stone (which is said to make a persuasive
flatterer of any who kiss it), in a castle near Cork, Ireland;
reached wide currency through Lady Blarny,
the smooth-talking flatterer in Goldsmith's
"Vicar of Wakefield" (1766).

Smooth, flattering talk, often nonsensical or deceptive
or misleading talk; nonsense; hooey; baloney such as 'he is full of it'.

Kathleen Marie, of Stranded in the Mountains, is having a "Your Full of Blarney Fine Writing contest". If you are interested in the details you may check out the rules here.

Just the two of us had a pleasant weekend. Our Son, Terrence invited us to have lunch with he and Jenny, his girlfriend. We had so much fun talking with them about Terry's kittens Maggie, and Autumn, and how playful they are to watch. Terry said he would have to figure out how to keep Maggie from clawing her way up his clothes to end up resting up around his neck. Because now he has little claw marks going all the way up his back! Ouch! lol Jenny, said she brought down her Ferret, Gismo, to play with the kittens. I was a gasp at first, somehow I had thought of a Ferret as being in the hamster/mouse family and couldn't imagine them getting along but they say they do so marvelously and if the cats should claw at the Ferret, he can outrun them.

Saturday, the folks popped over to let me know they had been to a garage sale that had some kitchen chairs. After getting directions, I hopped in the car and took a look the table and chairs were in pretty rough condition but the folks had informed me that the young guy having the sale had come down to $20. So I purposely walked past them as the guy spotted my steady gaze right away in their direction. On my return toward my vehicle I stopped and looked around for the forth chair as I rested my hand on the one. He said he was trying to get $35. I said, "humm". He said, "I'll take $15. I said, "sold"! When my hubby came home later that evening from work, I said, "these are not staying". hehe! These are just a "cheap Taco Bell meal when it comes to price, until I find something I love! I let the guy at the garage sale keep the table. My hubby laughed, and said alright.

So it's just the two of us, happy to have chairs around the kitchen table again and hoping you all take the opportunity to go garage sale shopping, as you just never, know what treasures you may find and what a wonderful tale you may treasure!




19 Comments:

At 5:38 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Sounds like a fun weekend. Don't you love garage sales (thrift stores too!~)
One never knows what bargain is waiting..sounds like you had a wonderful find with those chairs!!
((hugs))

 
At 6:47 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I was out in our Huge garage yesterday thinking...you know I'm in a great spot to start having sales!!
:-D

 
At 6:48 PM, Blogger Nessa said...

Sometimes you just find exactly what you need.

 
At 8:31 PM, Blogger Ramblins of a middle-aged goddess said...

I LOVE garage sales!! Yes!! and good deals!!
Yeap I am very happy for Jennifer Hudson..so nice to see someone that really deserves it finally getting an academy award!! Thanks for stopping by.
Sandy

 
At 8:48 PM, Blogger Amy said...

You Go Girl! I do love to bargain!! My hubby won't do it and always sends me in for the kill ;o)

When I think of garage sales I always laugh. My dad always said it was amazing what people will buy. We had a sale once and he put a very used lawnmower wheel on a metal pipe and asked $5 for it. Would you believe somebody bought it? The guy didn't even try to bargain. Dad asked what he was going to do with it and the man said he had no idea, but it looked like something he might need one day! My dad gave him back his money and told him to have a nice day! LOL!

Do you like to bargain with people? It even works at places like Fashion Bug and JC Penney! It's worth a try don't ya think?!

Have a great evening Pamela!

Love, Amy

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger gail@more than a song said...

A garage sale sounds like fun! Something I don't get to do very often; glad you had a good weekend.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all His benefits ~ who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion, who satisfies your desires with good things so that your youth is renewed like the eagle's.
...Psalm 103:1-5

We must have been commenting on each others blogs at the same time! Pamela, these are great verses! Would you believe that when my mom was writing a thank you note to the church she wanted to find a really good verse to add. I know you know where I am going with this, but when she opened her Bible it just fell open to this very passage that she had underlined and she just knew! This gives me goose bumps.

And yes, smothering is the right word. It is good to cry, I know that. I was just so suprised at when and where it happened.

Thank you dear sweet friend!

 
At 9:33 PM, Blogger Linda said...

It really is such a joy to spend time with our grown kids.
You did good with the chairs!! I never have much luck at garage sales. There was a lady in our church who regularly found hidden treasures at garage sales, but she was a dedicated "garage saler" (I just made that up). I only seem to find old clothes and older pots and dishes.
Have a great day!!

 
At 10:16 PM, Blogger Ms. Kathleen said...

Thank you so much for plugging my contest. I now have some prizes listed.

It sounds like you had a fabulous weekend. I simply love auctions, rummage sales, etc...

Hugs to you!

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger HLiza said...

Garage sales are not many here..but we do have them in certain expatriates areas in KL. I've watched certain TV programmes too about unexpected treasures you may find in them. Hope we have more of this concept here.

 
At 8:54 AM, Blogger HORIZON said...

Great buy-lol- good for you Pamela! l remember well the garage sales in America- the very best and l miss them. l used to go out with a map in hand some Sat. morns- sometimes 1-10 sales to visit before noon- ha!
Another story goes- once l had a yard sale and was selling my patio chairs- a very very large man got out of his car- yes you've guessed it- sat down and broke one- arghh!
hugs x

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I haven't been to a garage sale in years, but I do miss it. A good friend of mine moved away and it was one of our girl outings we did on Saturday mornings.

It sounds like your son and his girlfriend are having a ball with the pets. Ferrets have always scared me a bit. They are so quick!

 
At 2:54 PM, Blogger Heart of Rachel said...

Glad you had a wonderful weekend!

I've never seen a real ferret before but I find them interesting. They must make nice pets. Glad that the ferret and the kittens get a long. Amazing!

I haven't been to many garage sales but I love the idea. You're right, it seems exciting to go to a garage sale 'coz you might just find a treasure that you'll like.

Glad you found those kitchen chairs.

Thanks for visiting. Have a nice week ahead.

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I love garage sales very much!!! LOL
In fact I want to go to one soon, NOW!!! LOL

 
At 3:47 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I'm so glad you had such a lovely weekend and got to spend time with your son:-) I can't wait for the yard/garage sales to start around here again...they don't usually start until May. So many treasures to be found!!! hehe xoxo

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Rae said...

Garage sales? I would LOVE to go to garage sales right now..those won't be starting around here for another 2 months or so. Have I ever mentioned I want to move back South? lol

 
At 10:20 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

I love your garage sale story. Don't you just love a bargin?

 
At 1:04 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I must have missed something about you needing chairs! But glad you found them. Sounds like a fun time. I used to go garage saling, but don't seem to want to use my Saturdays to do that any more, since it's the only time at home. I clothed my kids totally from garage sales in those days. Good stuff!

Happy Last Day of February!

 
At 3:59 PM, Blogger smileymamaT said...

Congrats on the find, even if it's temporary! I LOVE garage sales. The idea of the ferret running around with the kitties, that's funny!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home