Just The Two of Us: A Camera Opens Up a Whole New World
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

A Camera Opens Up a Whole New World myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


My laptop has been overheating and then shutting off for quite a while now. The internal fan appears to be on the blink, never the less, I will be stopping by Best Buy or Comp USA this week to get a jump drive so I can save everything on the hard drive to it, and then I won't lose any of my work.

I am looking forward to the Ultimate Blog party that Janice and Susan are hosting from 5 Minutes For Mom and hope to get through that, then I will most likely try to take in my laptop in to see if they can fix it.

It is hard to believe that before my daughter, Chrystal and I stood in line, the day after Thanksgiving, four years ago, to get these absolutely incredible buys on electronics, I didn't have a digital camera.

I got my camera for $99. It opened up a whole new world, I love the ease of taking pictures, and then using the one button upload feature the Kodak dock offers. I was shocked the other day when when I realized the number of pictures I actually had on the computer between Picasso, Kodak and Adobe, it's got to be over 2000 pictures. Since getting my camera several incredible camera's have come on the market and one day I hope to splurge and get one but for now mine does what I need it to do.

One day while leaving to go somewhere, I was shocked when I noticed a picture in our entryway that I had printed off two years ago had faded to the point where you no longer could see the faces. I was stunned when I realized it and learned that if the photos were exposed to air for too long, the digital prints would be ruined. Various shows have talked about this and for that reason, I am careful to retain my SD memory cards, disks and prints, so that I have many forms of backup to depend on.

To my surprise, my Mom gave me my Dad's 35 mm Minolta XG 1 camera. It has a flash attachment and a special lens, but she cannot find any instructions or books that go with it. When I look through the lens there are some black lines that seem to be on the inside of the lens where I can't get to. I wonder if someone would be able to take it apart and clean it. It comes in this fancy leather double case that snaps together. I don't have a lot of things that belonged to my Dad and would love to give his camera a shot. Do any of you have any suggestions?

So it's just the two of us hoping you all take care to backup your precious photos and documents as you never know when things are going to heat up and it could all go up in smoke. Hey, that would be a good name for my laptop...Smokey! hehe!

14 Comments:

At 6:57 PM, Blogger TJ said...

my computer was doing the same thing and when my son in law was here he took a can of 3M dust remover and blew it out...worked like a charm for me!!
:-D
PS..just to confirm is your email ihmyours@msn.com...email me if you would I'm trying to rebuild an address book...thanks

 
At 8:54 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Cameras are a wonderful thing! I'm afraid to find out how many pictures I have on the computer of Kayla! Well over 2000 I'm sure - I take way too many pictures LOL

I'm not sure about the black lines on the lens - is it something that's actually built into the lens though - like marker points? You could try taking it to a camera shop that does repairs if you think they don't belong.

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Tammy, those little cans are magical little dusters but this is definitely eternal.

Michelle, they are two horizontal lines that appear to be grease marks, not the type that allow you to center the subject and snap.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger someone else said...

I'd recommend going to a very reputable camera shop, too. If it's a camera you value, you definitely want knowledgeable technicians.

The pictures that I want to have printed I still take with my 35mm. I primarily use my digital for fun stuff and computer stuff.

 
At 11:13 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Oh dear, a smoky laptop...not good! lol I do hope you can get if repaired though!! As for the camera, I too suggest you bring it in and ask a professional about those two lines and if they can be removed. Between pictures and clipart, I have tonssss of it on my computer, I should start backing most of it up on cds! xoxo

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Christina said...

I keep saying I am going to put mine on disk but so far I have not gotten to it. I guess I really should.

 
At 1:21 AM, Blogger Naturegirl said...

Thanks Pamela for the headsup..I have been putting all my photos on disks...and you're right about the number of photos we can accumulate on our PC!! I am vacationing in your sunshine state and blogging about my observations! I am loving the grapefruit and lemon blossoms!!
Didn't know there was such a wonderful scent to them!! Come by and see my impression of your sunny sate! Lucky you living here all year long!! :)NG

 
At 2:17 PM, Blogger Kelli said...

I hope you are able to get your laptop fixed soon!
Good reminder about the photos...I am sure to bug Phillip about having backups of everything. :0)
Kelli

 
At 4:53 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I hope everything gets fix real soon. My cameras and my laptop are my secret not too secret "loves". LOL.
I have two cameras and they have names: Alfonsina and Dulcinea
No name for the laptop but I think It should have male name. LOL.

 
At 8:39 PM, Blogger Susie said...

Hi Pamela,
No clue on what your camera problem may be.. sorry!
I also have tons of pictures on my computer. I back them up, but not nearly often enough "blush"
I keep threatening to get a jump drive so that I can just add to it when I need to...
((hugs))

 
At 9:17 PM, Blogger Linda said...

I really don't like it when things don't work properly. In my opinion they should just last forever HA!! I know what you mean about the pictures. I have some really precious ones that are turning pink!!
A digital camera is on my wish list. One of these days!!

 
At 10:53 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

My laptop did the same thing and I had to send mine off to get a new fan. I really did miss it while it was gone. I didn't know that about the digital prints... thanks for the information.

 
At 12:21 AM, Blogger Dawn said...

I think the number of pictures we have on our computer is slowing it down. I don't know for sure, but suspect. I hope you get yours fixed. I'd love to have a laptop.

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger TorAa said...

Hallo, hallo - thanks for your comments to my "Salty" PH. You gave me a hint, which you might help me broadcast: The work and life of the Miners. What I did not write, is the fact it was two brothers, working 12 hrs a day as miners, that used al their spaertime underground to create all (yes all) the fantastic art in these salt Minbes. When you knew that fact - well I felt like a dust..

=^.^=

ps, if you want, broadcast my dedication to the workers of this saltmines to whoever you fele worthy

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home