Just The Two of Us: It's Bright and Full of Delight
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

It's Bright and Full of Delight myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


Had the most wonderful time with my Mom. She arrived at my house and I was thrilled to show her all the cute little Christmas decorations and how I had set them out this year. All that is bright and twinkles is such a delight! It is so much fun to share and she is such an enthusiastic person, she never lets you down but rather always lifts you up!

My son Terrence called and begged Mom, (his Grandmother) and I to come see his apartment. His roommate had just moved out and his girlfriend Jenny and he cleaned and rearranged his place so he wanted to show it off. Well it looked so nice and he had bought a cute little 12 inch tree to sit on one of his tables so it was nice to see a little Christmas there. I was happy to see he had hung the Gingerbread Boy Christmas wreath, which was one of nine wreaths I had made for everyone in the family and a couple of friends here about three years ago. It is always fun to see that they did indeed save them and they remained intact and still adorn everyone's homes.

Terrence showed Mom and I a fish aquarium he had purchased and momentarily I was concerned for the fish. lol Guess it is just an ingrained thing with Mom's...hard to imagine your own child caring for a living thing. lol He had one Gold fish in it. It had the motor, filter and lighter complete, very stylish too.

Mom treated us to Cheddars Restaurant. and I ordered a delicious grilled chicken salad. While, my Mom insisted on getting both the Spinach appetizer and the Onion Ring appetizer. I told the waiter that it was embarrassing ordering two appetizers and he immediately turned on the charm, insisting that when you go out to dinner you deserve to splurge. Never the less, having a good server, good company and tons of food sure made for an enjoyable meal!

Yesterday, I finished all of my Christmas wrapping. I was so relieved to have that done, as we will have to ship out my Daughter, and SIL's gifts. Chrystal and Dave live in Tulsa and have Dave's parents coming for a week to spend Christmas with them this year. It will be the first Christmas without my Daughter here. My oldest Son, Kevin was gone one Christmas while in Iraq with the Marines and that was hard because we knew he was in the war. This isn't like that at all, as this will actually be their first Christmas together and it just makes you feel warm and cozy for them.

Last night, just the two of us went and got all the stuff I needed for dinner tonight. We are having 13 for dinner. Always makes us feel special, when we went to get our pork chops cut, the good looking meat cutter, cut them extra thick, almost two inches thick and did a really nice job, could be because he is our Son, Terry! lol

Later, Dennis and I had a blast making Peanut Butter Kiss cookies together. Well, I make them and he assists!

So, it's just the two of us getting her done, and enjoying all that fills the season...family, shopping, dining and laughter with bodies that collapse with happy exhaustion! Life is so good and we hope your home is filled with snow people you love, so you have full hearts that are filled with delight too!

17 Comments:

At 1:15 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

Have lots of fun tonight with your guests. I imagine your home being an extremely inviting place for them:)

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Susie said...

You have just got to be the most joyful person ever! I love reading all your posts and the way you add sparkle, pictures and such great descriptions. I had to laugh at your concern for the fish. I was just thinking about my thirteen year old daughter some day having children(like in 20 years), and I think I will surely have to live with them.

 
At 3:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a lovely day that sounds. I went to a Cheddars Restaurant for the first time when visiting in Texas and it was soooo good. We don't have them here and I wish we did!

Don't you just love all the sparkle of Christmas??

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger someone else said...

Well, that was weird -- no picture of my snowman. That's me in the comment above.

 
At 5:54 PM, Blogger Tammy said...

Hope your dinner was marvelous! :D
And good for you for getting all of your presents wrapped! Oh wow...I haven't even started mine yet!

Blessings!

 
At 5:55 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Wow! You have alot coming for dinner tonight! But I know it will be so much fun! We used to have big parties with all our church friends and my husband would prepare everything! He is such a good host. I don't know why we stopped doing that....

I LOL at the goldfish :o) I am still that way when my 20 year old daughter goes to babysit. I go through a checklist with her and I am sure I drive her nuts!

I love Cheddar's! Sound like a delicious meal...too bad you didn't have enough food ;o)

My daughter and her Grandma will be making that exact same cookie this weekend! It is one of our traditions we've had since I was a wee little girl!

I will pray that everything goes smoothly tonight. Have oodles of fun with your company!

In His Love, Amy

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I've always heard the apple does not fall far from the tree, you said your Mom is so enthusiastic and never let's you down and always lifts you up...that is you my friend!!
(((hugs)))

 
At 9:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What cute snowpeople pictures! I can't wait to see my Mom and all the rest of my family next week. It has been rather quiet here and since I will be with my Dad and family for most of the holiday (a good week or more) I didn't put up my village and only did one tree and not as many lights but it is still Christmasy. Hugs!

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger Kristen said...

Sounds like some pleasant times!! How endearing that your son wanted to show off his place. Don't worry too much about the fish. They never live too long anyway. ;-)

 
At 10:13 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

glad to hear you had a nice visit with your mom! and wow! 13 for dinner! Full house :)

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

How lovely to spend time with your Mom! That Cheddars restaurant sounds yummy!
I need a wrapping elf at my house! It's my least favorite job...
((hugs))

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Linda said...

We are blessed to be able to spend time with our Moms. I'm so glad you had fun.
The dinner sounds wonderful. It is such fun to have the house full of people and the warmth of friendship. Have a great time.
We empty nesters have to get used to sharing the kids at holiday time. I feel as you do - just happy that they are doing well.
Blessings Pamela.

 
At 2:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everything sounds very festive. Glad you are enjoying your holidays.

 
At 2:25 AM, Blogger Barb said...

I know you're going to miss having your daughter there, but yes, it's warm and wonderful that they're having their own special Christmas.

Boy, I need your butcher! Two inch thick pork chops? Sigh.....

 
At 3:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was so good of you and your mom to go over and see your son's apartment. He sounds like a very organized young man.

 
At 4:42 AM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Isn't it so wonderful to be able to spend some time with your mom and share your love of Christmas with her!! Hope your dinner went well, I can just imagine how warm and welcoming your home is!! Hugs xoxo

 
At 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi. Im 15 years old. But my friend has this program where she can add sparkles, twinkles, or any effect ((Colors too) and she doesnt know what the program is called. And all your photos are really pretty. I love all the background. Some even looked like they had sparkles. And my question was. Where can you down a program to do that for your photos? Thanks. Take Care.
Email me sometimes. Perfectpixie089@yahoo.com

From,
Kristen M.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home