Just The Two of Us: A Warm Welcome
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, November 27, 2006

A Warm Welcome myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics

Just the two of us are enjoying spending precious time together and taking advantage of Dennis' last week of vacation by painting our home. The house was a blush color and I really wanted something a little more daring that provides our guest with a feeling of a "warm welcome". The color I chose was called Peach Bud. It is like a peach with a tinge of brown thrown in with it. We both immediately loved the color! Very Floridian!

We started at 8:00 am; after painting the entire front courtyard, as well as, the front of the house and the ceiling to our courtyard, we decided we had earned a break. About 4:00 pm we took our first 5 minute break when Dennis said "Oh no, who's that"? It was the folks.

Mom and Dad showed up and gave us reinvigorated strength, Dad took a hold of our handy dandy magic wand and went to town! The wand is this paint roller that we bought last week. It works much the same way a syringe does. It has a huge tube attached to the roller and you simply draw up the paint and press the trigger when you need more paint. We loved it and it really sped up the job, however, cleaning it was a real bear. Mom started pulling a few weeds here and there. Dennis started doing the trim and I started sweeping and raking, as I had trimmed all the plants in the front yard so we could paint. It was wonderful!

Today, it is a bit drizzly so we may or may not be able to finish but that might even be a welcome break as I have never been this sore! hehe! If not , we are going to clean and sweep out the garage so we can take down the Christmas decorations.


So it's just the two of us, reaping the rewards of our efforts and hoping you are striving to make little improvements that make your hearts happy!

19 Comments:

At 1:56 PM, Blogger someone else said...

What a wonderful surprise to have them stop by AND help with the job. I hope you'll post some kind of picture of the new paint when you're all done.

 
At 3:02 PM, Blogger Susie said...

I'd also love to see your new color. Sounds lovely. Quite a big job!
Don't wear yourself out!!
We're starting to decorate the house for Christmas, which is a big undertaking!!

((hugs))

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger TJ said...

Due to the warmer than normal temps I did get out yesterday and spruced around the patio and front walk and flower garden...it did make me feel some better to get that under control...the color paint you decribe sounds pretty...maybe you could post a pic?
:-D

 
At 4:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I haven't started decorating yet, but going to start soon.

Hope you post pictures after you're done, can't wait to see the new paint :)

 
At 5:38 PM, Blogger Chrystal said...

Take a pic of the house so we can see it! It sounds cute. It's always nice to have the grandparents come and give a helping hand!

 
At 6:24 PM, Blogger Susie said...

The paint color sounds wonderful, and it's sounds like you deserve a big break. Don't you just love parents? They are the best!

 
At 7:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a suprise! The music is great, I love it! I enjoy your visiting blog, I never know what you have as pics. Blessings

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Pear tree cottage! said...

Again visiting your wonderful blog makes me feel so nice and the music is just such a lovely touch. I have just put christmas on mine well I hope it worked.

Yes I see you are busy with getting ready for Christmas it is so much fun decorating but at the same time a real lot of hard work.
The colour sounds so nice you take it easy not too much all at once it would be a big job for sure.

Lee-ann

 
At 9:00 PM, Blogger Linda said...

You busy, busy girl. I am sitting here when I should be packing boxes or writing Christmas cards or....anything constructive. Tomorrow... I think my middle name is Scarlet O'Hara.
It will be beautiful when it's all painted. I think you deserve to take a few days off when it is all finished! You have my permission.

 
At 9:42 PM, Blogger HLiza said...

It's always a tiring but satisfying moment when you clean and paint together with family.It's part od the celebration!
Do show us some photos when all are ready!

 
At 9:56 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

love the new layout you have here!

How nice they were able to show up and help out with the painting - I bet it's really looking like a brand new place! :)

 
At 9:59 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Oh, do post a picture, will you please? I know we would all love to see that color. It sounds so pretty! How nice to have helpers stop by! I always tell my kids we'll get done faster if we all work as a team and then we can do something fun!

BTW~I love the look of your site! I really need to learn how to do this stuff sometime.

Take a break and enjoy your hunny this week too! I have a feeling I would really like him!

We are enjoying our 65 degree weather before the snow comes later this week! YIKES! Talk to you tomorrow!

 
At 12:09 AM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

You sure seem like a little busy bee. Always up to some project:) Your house sounds very cozy!

 
At 12:40 AM, Blogger Curious Servant said...

Hi there.

Been a while since I visited.

 
At 7:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thats great that you are getting your house freshly painted. I really like Peach. What a nice relaxing color. I'll bet the decorations will look good on this color.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

It certainly does make a job seem so much easier when you have loved ones helping out:-) It's wonderful that they just chipped right in!! I'm sure you're so happy to have the painting all done and before you know it, you'll be decorating for Christmas!! Hugs xoxo

 
At 11:38 PM, Blogger Nancy said...

Now that is something to be proud of... I hope you post a picture when you are finished. Isn't it amazing how much closer you feel to hubby after the two of you work together to complete a project? What a blessing!

 
At 11:43 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Well, Pamela, I sure wish blogger would let me see photos on this post instead of little red exes. Sigh. I don't get it. It's very irritating to read the descriptions and not be able to see the photos.

But you guys are sure busy! My goodness. You'll have this done in no time.

It's snowing like crazy here in western Colorado. All over Colorado actually. Very pretty but it's getting way too cold. We're expected to go down to around zero in the next 48 hours. So be glad you're not trying to get all this painting done out here!

Man, I wish I could see your photos. I'll keep checking back. Maybe blogger will get over it. Soon.

 
At 1:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Pamela, ~ Well done with your painting and sprucing up the garden.
I am sure you will both enjoy the fruits of your efforts for a long time to come. That was great with parents hopping in and helping. Thanks for your comments, glad you enjoyed the jokes etc. My daughter Kathy does not live nearby, it is 5 hours or more from here to her place. However, I will enjoy having Christmas with her family as usual. They come and pick me up and bring me home.Take care, get some rest,
Love, Merle.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home