Just The Two of Us: Rainy Days Keep Us Full of Anticipating...
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, September 18, 2006

Rainy Days Keep Us Full of Anticipating... myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics


Just the two of us had a pleasant weekend, very peaceful and stress free, after all the ups and downs of last week, we thoroughly enjoyed it. In fact, I may not even have to water the plants today as it looks like it may just rain...

It was nice that all the kids took the time to call us, as they usually are pretty good about letting us know what's going on in their lives and filling us in if there is something new or exciting going on.

We are blessed that most of our children still live here in the Tampa Bay area, except our
daughter Chrystal, and her new husband, Dave. They both just recently graduated from Oral Roberts University, and are renting an apartment, while they were "just married" in June. Wow, is that already 3 months ago? My goodness, how time flies when you are having fun! As you know, we love helping take care of our little grand baby, Ben. While the baby is a baby, and you keep adding a new "month" to his age, every single month of his first year of life. It is sometimes hard to keep up with it all,... yes, he is still 9 months old. Now, if you will recall, our Daughter-in-law Renee, who's birthday was this weekend, too, is already expecting in February! She told me we will find out if it is a "boy" or a "girl" at the end of this month! I can hardly wait! Either would be great with me, after all, we had two boys and then a girl, and that was wonderful! Never the less, just one more thing to look forward to and to help with in alleviating the long wait. Everyone knows, I am not the most patient person, and babies are so precious, and such a gift from God, I just can hardly contain myself, I will looking forward in sharing the news with you.

This week Chrystal and Dave threw their friend Megan a birthday party, and they had a blast my daughter blogged about it; you can read what Chrystal posted at Life's a Dance, if you do make sure a leave her a comment...that would really make her day, she works so hard and tries to post often, but doesn't have much time to visit as a newly wed!

Just the two of us, love nothing more than to go for a long car ride,
especially when it rains. We love to take this opportunity to reflect back on what challenges are facing us and how we plan to strive ahead. The rain feels like God is nurturing his beautiful creations on earth, and it is a gentle reminder that while we may fret one night, there is always a new and refreshing day that awaits us. All the plants look so refreshed and clean, the birds chirp and sing in harmony and the world just gleams. It may look a bit dreary at first but then, just when you least expect it, low and behold, there's a rainbow that that radiates across the breath of the sky, reminding us how God always keeps his promises, and will never forsake
u
s. Things usually are not as dark and gloomy as they might first seem, and if we just remain steadfast and faithful... everything is bright and beautiful once again!

So it is just the two of us full of anticipating whether it will be a boy or a girl and hoping that you are able to enjoy a pleasant day, and if it should rain, we hope you delight in finding your rainbow in the sky!

19 Comments:

At 3:00 AM, Blogger Susie said...

Glad you had a nice weekend. No rain for us! Just heat! I did see a couple of leaves changing color. I know fall will arrive one of these days...
:-)

 
At 3:43 AM, Blogger Donnetta said...

What wonderful reminders the rain brings for you! I'm going to try to remember these things next time we see rain (which they are saying is this week).

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Chrystal said...

I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or a girl! It rained all day today for us to. Dave and I got soaked running out to the car today for church!

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Linda said...

We don't get many rainy days here, and when we do I just love them. I love the thought too of how refreshing and renewing the rain is. I especially love the reminder that God's promises are faithful and true.

 
At 7:50 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

Sounds like a nice relaxing weekend...I had a very quiet one:-) We had sunshine all weekend but today it's a dark rainy day. How exciting that you'll soon learn the sex of your next little grandbaby!! Now you've got me all curious!! lol Love what you wrote about the rain...I know sometimes we moan about it but it truly is a blessed thing to have. Hugs xoxo

 
At 8:17 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Glad to hear you had such a nice, relaxing weekend - those are the best kind!

 
At 9:06 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

Your blog is very creative, I will visit you again. Thank you for blogging!

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I've had a pretty bad day today...looking for that rainbow you mentioned....

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger TJ said...

I'm not sure what your email is...I've looked on your site and can't find it and don't have it in my addy book...don't worry...it's nothing big...sorry to muck up your blog with a depressing comment...you are a great friend and I'm glad to know you!
:-D

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger TJ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:46 PM, Blogger TJ said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:47 PM, Blogger TJ said...

silly blogger!!

 
At 11:46 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

OK, alls well in Bloggyville, glad we e-mailed and I feel better now! *smile*

 
At 11:55 PM, Blogger Barbie @ Mamaology said...

What a good reminder.... Our God is so Awesome. I'm excited to hear what your next grandbaby is going to be:)

 
At 2:15 AM, Blogger Kerri said...

Hi Pamela, Just wanted to thank you for visiting and your sweet comments. We did call and cancel immediately the one credit card I carried, and did the fraud alert thing. Thanks for your concern.
The wedding was Saturday and the weather was perfect. It was a wonderful celebration, very small (15 people) with 8 of us going out to dinner afterwards. I'll post about it soon.
Glad your weekend was so peaceful and refreshing. We're expecting rain again tomorrow, but today the sun shone brilliantly!

 
At 3:17 AM, Blogger Big Mama said...

Sounds like a great weekend. We got a little rain here too. I love a good rainstorm, it makes everything better in my opinion.

 
At 3:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You just made my rainy day full of sunshine and rainbows. love reading your blog!!

 
At 3:53 AM, Blogger Overwhelmed! said...

Sounds like you had a nice weekend. I love drives in the rain as well. And rainbows are the best. I love that picture.

I can't wait to hear if your next grandchild is a boy or a girl! :)

 
At 3:52 AM, Blogger BlondeBrony said...

Great photo. Glad you had a good weekend.
Isn't the rain great.

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home