Just The Two of Us: Plant A Seed
myspace codes
Click here for Myspace glitter graphics and Myspace layouts

Monday, December 11, 2006

Plant A Seed myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics myspace layouts, myspace codes, glitter graphics



It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...all around the house! This is a lovely picture my sweet brother Duane e-mailed me. He thought I might be able to share it with you all and I agree!

We had the oddest experience the other day. Just the two of us had offered to go up to my Mom's church and run the dishwasher for them. Mom and one other lady had cooked Chicken Tetrazini dinners for over 100 people and the lady that usually does the dishes was really sick. Well here is the weird part and it still has me creeped out a bit when I think of it.

We were just about to get on I-75 North when Dennis miraculously swerved having seen that the cars had come to a dead stop and weren't even budging. He drove further down the road and took a right and then a left and it was unbelievable...never in my life had I seen cars dead stopped on every major road we came across. It reminded me of "Left Behind". It was as if the world was semi frozen. It ended up taking us 2 hours and fifteen minutes to get to the church, where it usually takes us 45 minutes!!!

Sadly, we missed the whole dinner, the clean up, well I washed one pan, "oh boy". The kids from one of the Sunday school classes were throwing huge wads of paper at each other and were acting rather rambunctious. I couldn't stand it any more I asked the Sunday school teacher "what are they playing"? She said, "they are having a Floridian snowball fight"! Ha! Ha! They fed over 125 people before they stopped counting. My Mom looked exhausted, we felt like we let them down, but when you're caught in traffic you are caught in traffic. Mom gave us oodles of leftovers to take home and at least we got to help her carry in several boxes of her Christmas decorations from the garage to the house to save her a few steps.

It's been over a couple of weeks now that just one of our cars has been working, so Dennis has been taking my car to work. It is fine an all, accept that I have been itching to do a little Christmas shopping. I love shopping for loved ones. I love anticipating the expressions on their faces. I love sewing seeds, because when you give you receive!

Everyone and their Uncle has offered to take me out! It has been great! Even my neighbor Barb across the street had a wonderful time together. My DIL Renee offered but she wanted to go out the one and only day off, my hubby has off this month, which was today! Dennis and I had a blast! We found touching personal gifts for our folks that come from Bethlehem. We had other gifts personalized so they really are special, and come from the heart. We picked up our son Terrence and took him out to Cracker Barrel on his break. Everything is sentimental and should mean a lot to everyone. I am giddy with anticipation!

Lastly, we called and asked if we could stop by the folks house and to see our BIL Jeremy, my hubby's sister, Cindi visiting from Wisconsin, and their two adorable little boys Josiah, 3 and Zachary, 15 months! It was the cutest thing ever, when Josiah was counting his seashells for Uncle Dennis on the armchair; little Jo Jo said, "one, two, three, four". Uncle Dennis said, "Good Jo Jo, can you count them backwards now"? Jo Jo said, "yes", and then he moved the shells one at a time toward the back of the armchair and as he moved them back he counted. "one, two, three, four. lol He got Uncle Dennis good for a 3 year old! lol

I love that Pastor Joel Osteen says, as Christians we sew seeds everyday by putting others first and even when we are not in a position to help. When we do reach out and make other peoples dreams come true; find a way to help out someone else who is in need, the seeds we sew come back to help us.

So, it's just the two of us frolicking around the house full of cute little Christmas decorations and challenging you to put someone else first, reach out and help someone else, plant a seed...

23 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad that you got to enjoy some quality time with your honeya nd that you found some great Christmas gifts to boot!

 
At 9:37 AM, Blogger HORIZON said...

I started to read the 'Left Behind' books- my brother has the lot! I can imagine it being quite earie- especially with all of the roads being jammed like that. Glad you got to help out a little ;)
Sounds like you are getting there on the Christmas gift front- l am still at it this end.
Keep well xx

 
At 11:55 AM, Blogger Susie said...

I just love to catch up on your happenings. It sounds like the church dinner was a success even though you didn't get to help much. It's the thought that counts, right? I'm glad you were able to find personal gifts to give. They definitely are the best kind. Loved hearing about cute little Josiah too!

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

I can imagine it did feel somewhat like Left Behind and wondering if you were! That would be a sobering thought for sure.

Thanks for stopping by and checking out the ornaments - and for the kind words. They definitely still have the nativity set by Fisher Price - I bought it on line and it was so easy. Just go to www.fisherprice.com. It arrived in about 3 days!

Have a wonderful day - such good thoughts. I'm off my paid job this week (will still have the kiddoes 2.5 days), and hope to finally get some shopping done without the crowds - I don't do well with crowds and shopping - not my favorite activity. I wish I knew what I was looking for! Hopefully I'll know it when I see it.

 
At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you ever find out why the cars were stopped everywhere? Spooky.

I like your idea of sowing seeds. Lovely.

 
At 3:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know the "Left Behind" movies and books really creeped me out, it really does make you wonder what it would be like.

I haven't even started christmas shopping yet, being sick the whole of last week did NOT help at all.

Hugs,
Sandra

 
At 4:30 PM, Blogger Carole Burant said...

I can imagine how badly you felt that you got to the church too late to help but getting caught in traffic happens and can't be helped! I'm just glad you got there safely!! This certainly is a wonderful time of year to buy for others and anticipate the look on their faces when they open what you bought just for them:-) xox

 
At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So sorry you missed out on the gathering, well part of it but it does sound like you were able to bless you Mom and be blessed in return. I hope you can do some shopping. I am about done but have so many other things to do.

Thank you so much for your prayers and kind comments!

Blessings Galore!

 
At 6:26 PM, Blogger couragetocreatewriteandlove said...

I am glad to know you are safe. People tends to get a little extra stress during this time. Please keep enjoying your holiday but keep an open eye on the ones getting lost in their thoughts. Thanks for stopping by on Saturday, suddenly I got busy and I had to stop my visits to other blogs.

 
At 7:33 PM, Blogger Barb said...

Did you ever figure out what caused the traffic problem. Stuff like that makes me crazy and I have to know.

Sounds like you have some really nice friends and neighbors. Lucky you - I haven't really even gotten a good start yet!

 
At 7:49 PM, Blogger Amy said...

Hi Pamela! That was pretty eerie, but thankfully nothing happened to you~well, besides missing the dinner. I am sorry about that.

I like the Floridian snowball fight! Too cute! LOL

That is too funny what Jo Jo said! Too bad you didn't have it on tape for him to see many years later! I just love being around little children...you never know what they are going to do or say!

So glad you are having so much fun with your sweetheart of a husband! They do make the bestest of friends, don't they? I know I love being with my honey as much as possible!

I didn't get to see my dad on his birthday, but was able to go over yesterday. I found the perfect card for him and wrote down some special memories in it. He smiled and laughed at several of them! It was a good day~PTL!

Not trying to sound mean, but I noticed that Dawn's entry is quite long (LOL) Do I have competition?

Hugs, Amy

 
At 9:35 PM, Blogger Pamela said...

Oh, sorry to leave you guessing...
The traffic was caused by five major accidents. For the longest time we would be able to move but EVERYWHERE we laid our eyes on there were car jams.

 
At 9:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That was a weird experience! At least you got to help out a bit. I really enjoy catching up with you on the things going on in your life. Always interesting.

 
At 1:39 AM, Blogger Linda said...

Sounds like your days are full Pamela. I miss doing all my usual Christmas "stuff", but I'm enjoying reading about what everyone else is doing. I feel the same way you do about gifts. I love to find just the perfect one. Then I can hardly stand the wait till Christmas, and I can see them open it. Fun!!
I did get a lot of packing done today. I sheepishly admit that I filled TWELVE boxes with my books. I honestly tried to whittle it down, but just couldn't find many I really wanted to part with.
So glad the two of you had a fun day together. Blessings!!

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger someone else said...

Hi Pamela,
About the weight and the exercizing: It isn't the weight that is the problem. It's the fact that the bulges need to be tightened and toned up -- a lot. We put the equipment together tonight so I'm anxious to get it going. I'm sure there will be an update at some point in my self-inflicted regimen. :)

 
At 4:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We had this same experience in Hawaii a few months ago. I am talking about the highway back up. It seems someone from the Army drove an Army vehicle illegally under an overpass and hit it. They closed all lanes of H-1 for safety during rush hour.H-1 being are only major highway. I was on my was home from taking my kids to bible study and 10 minutes from my house which took me 4 hours to drive to. I agree, just like left behind. Did you find out what happened?

 
At 5:51 PM, Blogger TJ said...

First of all the little graphic you shared is gorgeous!!
I'm sure that was a creepy feeling when all the traffic had stopped...
Cute youngin!!
:-D

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Helen said...

Hi Pamela!

That was a bit odd with the traffic thing, I bet you were a huge help once you got there, I love the picture, it reminds me of when I was little, I used to get so excited about cards with glitter and snow on them!

So do you think you will have a white Christmas where you live? here in England it sometimes snows for perhaps a day or two in January and then we can't cope with it!

Take care and have a lovely Christmas,

Helen x.

 
At 10:22 PM, Blogger Dawn said...

You have music - wonderful! I finally got shopping done yesterday and now have to wrap gifts. It was such a good idea to take this week off! No crowds at all.

 
At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Christmas shopping, too. I love to see my children's faces as they open their gifts. Can't say that with my wife's, especially after she sees the bill.

Uh-oh.

Mike
http://somethingaboutparenting.typepad.com/

 
At 2:06 AM, Blogger Nancy said...

I like the idea of planting the seeds. It is especially important during the Christmas season. Thanks for sharing.

 
At 2:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blessing to you and thank you for sharing.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

thank goodness you were able to avoid an accident, but sorry you were stuck in traffic so long and didn't get to the church in time to help out! not your fault though and it's the thought that counts!

 

Post a Comment


Cursors

<< Home